02-12-13 01:57 PM
    Awesome, thanks

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 02:12 PM
    do you mean ADD as in give an extra 50GB? or as in make your account a total of 50GB?
    ADD, as in give you an additional 50Gb.
    A few people in this thread have said it's worked for them.
    02-12-13 05:03 PM
    Here's the contact info for Box: https://www.box.com/about-us/contact-us/
    choose 'sales enquiry'
    02-12-13 05:09 PM
    I'm confused now...
    i noticed people mentioning sd cards of 2tb but i thought the z10 officially supports up to 32g and up to 64g unofficially (due to some sd cards not being compatible)...in terms of cloud storage, i thought there was an upload limit per file so uploading movies and such was next to impossible which is why i barely use it. I did get the 50g offer from box during their playbook promotion but it's been a year since i've used it...so have they made changes to their upload limit?? I have about 8g left on my playbook so i may start moving things over if that's the case...also, i'd like to know if you can upload music and how do you go about playing it? Does it have a built in player or do you have to select and run each file every time one ends?
    02-12-13 07:38 PM
    I'm confused now...
    i noticed people mentioning sd cards of 2tb but i thought the z10 officially supports up to 32g and up to 64g unofficially (due to some sd cards not being compatible)...in terms of cloud storage, i thought there was an upload limit per file so uploading movies and such was next to impossible which is why i barely use it. I did get the 50g offer from box during their playbook promotion but it's been a year since i've used it...so have they made changes to their upload limit?? I have about 8g left on my playbook so i may start moving things over if that's the case...also, i'd like to know if you can upload music and how do you go about playing it? Does it have a built in player or do you have to select and run each file every time one ends?
    re: media... my experience is on Android, where you can integrate with music players to play the music from Dropbox. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since you can do the same via Google Music or Amazon Mp3, both cloud music services.

On Android, you can stream movies from Dropbox too. I assume you can on BB as well.
    02-12-13 07:43 PM
    I'm confused now...
    nope, i got a 64gb right now... it just has to do with the way the card is formatted. you have to format it in the Z10 and once you do that it will recognize the higher capacities.
    02-12-13 08:26 PM
    if clouds work for you,,, cool,,, just curious how much do you actually use??? personally i don't like the idea of leaving anything of mine in someone elses hands,,, i'll just get a 128 GB card when the time comes...
    hytran likes this.
    02-12-13 08:28 PM
    I was wondering, can my Z10 access my home server that's connected to a PogoPlug? (it has 30Tb of storage...)
    02-12-13 08:55 PM
    nope, i got a 64gb right now... it just has to do with the way the card is formatted. you have to format it in the Z10 and once you do that it will recognize the higher capacities.
    Don't people format their cards in device nowadays? Or am I getting old?
    02-12-13 08:57 PM
    Don't people format their cards in device nowadays? Or am I getting old?
    Well you dont NEED to do it, but with the Z10 you do. that is the only difference.
    02-12-13 09:12 PM
    Well you dont NEED to do it, but with the Z10 you do. that is the only difference.
    I guess I'm getting old... I always format a new card in the device I bought it for.
    02-12-13 09:16 PM
    Box has done a lot of promotions in the past offering huge amounts of storage for free. I have a free 25GB account, while some were lucky enough to get 50GB for free.
    I got 50
    02-12-13 09:36 PM
    Yes i know about having to format which is why i said "unofficially". (i never had to format the 2g card that came with my 9700- maybe it was already.)... But doing so doesn't necessarily mean it would support anything above 64gb cards does it? Has this been tested and confirmed?? I couldn't insert a 64g card in my bold, format it, and have it work could i? Not that i need to since i still have 1.5g left on my card but i'm just curious.
    02-12-13 09:53 PM
    re: media... my experience is on Android, where you can integrate with music players to play the music from Dropbox. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since you can do the same via Google Music or Amazon Mp3, both cloud music services.

On Android, you can stream movies from Dropbox too. I assume you can on BB as well.
    Well i would assume that those services would have a media player since they are providing music but with straight cloud storage like Box.com i didn't see anything regarding a media player... When i 1st got the box storage i was able to upload a 2 minute video but i read somewhere on the site that it only allowed a certain amount of megabytes at a time, i think the max was 4mb per file at the time, which would make it practically useless to upload anything over 5 min.
    02-12-13 10:01 PM
    Yes i know about having to format which is why i said "unofficially". (i never had to format the 2g card that came with my 9700- maybe it was already.)... But doing so doesn't necessarily mean it would support anything above 64gb cards does it? Has this been tested and confirmed?? I couldn't insert a 64g card in my bold, format it, and have it work could i? Not that i need to since i still have 1.5g left on my card but i'm just curious.
    well the CB team said that they found documentation, or information, to support that. I know mine works, so im guessing it will work for higher ones just like they said.
    02-12-13 10:02 PM
    I do use dropbox however I really prefer it as just a copy of my data. I hate the idea of it being sole source of my files, I want it as a backup where every connected device has a local copy.

Every device I connect should have s complete local copy. I want it as a backup and don't want data charges every time I click on a file... and if I accidentally delete a file (or dropbox screws up) I like the idea that at least my disconnect devices will be ok.

02-12-13 10:19 PM
    Well i would assume that those services would have a media player since they are providing music but with straight cloud storage like Box.com i didn't see anything regarding a media player... When i 1st got the box storage i was able to upload a 2 minute video but i read somewhere on the site that it only allowed a certain amount of megabytes at a time, i think the max was 4mb per file at the time, which would make it practically useless to upload anything over 5 min.
    It's been a while since I did it... so let me try with Dropbox. BRB

ETA: yes, you can stream on Android. Just tried a couple movies I had converted way back when. Apparently, you can stream .flv files from Box.net website.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 02-12-13 at 11:44 PM.
    02-12-13 10:22 PM
    Well since my phone (GNex) supports USB OTG i'm able to use my 2TB mini hard drive, not to mention my 150GB of DropBox, as well as my other solutions. Bottom line, I have WAY more storage than I need.
    02-13-13 08:25 AM
    You can set up more than 1 box account? I had a little fun when the playbook promotion was going on and have 3 - 50GB accounts and would be pumped if I could get them all set up when I get my Z10 (Which I hope is tonight) Is it possible?
    02-13-13 08:35 AM
    I was wondering, can my Z10 access my home server that's connected to a PogoPlug? (it has 30Tb of storage...)
    Yes, you have to sideload the android pogoplug app, which works on both the playbook and the Z10. Mine works great. I also use the sideloaded WD2GO app to access my WD NAS drive at home as well - for a total of over 3TB of storage! Both work great though to access your home cloud with pogoplug and WD. You can get the .bar files from the good ereader website.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-13-13 09:07 AM
    Just FYI, another Cloud storage company that's new, offering 50GB of storage for signups. Based in New Zealand, called Mega. Just signed up and got 50GB, emailed the company asking about BB10 support and they replied YES, they are working on their apps now and ETA is a few weeks. Now if that means till submission, then it obviously will take longer to appear in BB World! Anyway, if anyone wants more free Cloud, here's their link.

https://mega.co.nz/
    02-13-13 10:05 AM
    Just FYI, another Cloud storage company that's new, offering 50GB of storage for signups. Based in New Zealand, called Mega. Just signed up and got 50GB, emailed the company asking about BB10 support and they replied YES, they are working on their apps now and ETA is a few weeks. Now if that means till submission, then it obviously will take longer to appear in BB World! Anyway, if anyone wants more free Cloud, here's their link.

https://mega.co.nz/
    Some people were saying that they are the same company as Megaupload that was shut down before.
    02-13-13 10:13 AM
    Some people were saying that they are the same company as Megaupload that was shut down before.
    Huh, thanks. Will dig deeper, or if you see something (link) please share. Well, I guess I won't put anything critical up there.

EDIT: So it is. Here's a few links

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/82...hes-Mega-co-nz

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2511783.html
    02-13-13 10:22 AM
    Yup, same guy. Kim dot com.

02-13-13 10:25 AM
117 12345