So I was just reading some comments about how BB is pushing the cloud storage and that you may not even need that much 'stock' storage in future phones... and I came to realize that my Z10 has A LOT of storage when you think of it.

Here is the storage break down:

Internal - 16GB (only used for apps)
    SD Card - 64GB ( all media on device)
    --------------------------
    Total physical storage is 80GB

Dropbox - 35GB (mostly used for work/school syncing)
    Box 1 - 50GB (music and videos)
    Box 2 - 25GB (important file backup)
    GMail - 10GB (used for easy access to important documents)
    -------------------------
    Total cloud storage is 120GB

Physical Storage - 80GB
    Cloud Storage - 120GB
    ----------------------------
    Total Storage is 200GB

This is CRAZY when you really think about it, especially since BB has said that the Z10 and BB10 devices will be able to support up to 2TB sd cards. The amount of storage we have available now is astonishing.

How much storage space do you have? What do you use it for?
    02-11-13 03:43 PM
    Yah, but are 2TB microSD cards cost efficient?
    02-11-13 03:55 PM
    I thought box only gave 5gb? Did you upgrade to a monthly plan?
    02-11-13 03:58 PM
    Box has done a lot of promotions in the past offering huge amounts of storage for free. I have a free 25GB account, while some were lucky enough to get 50GB for free.
    meltbox360 and Jeovex like this.
    02-11-13 03:59 PM
    i wouldnt think they would be until they are common place. 64gb sd cards werent cost efficient when they came out, but I just bought the exact one that is in the CB store for $65... at $1/GB i would say thats a good deal.

When I got my Playbook they gave 50GB for free, and then recently they had a promotion for 25GB for new members... so I signed up with my alternate email. 75GB FOR FREE! I do prefer dropbox over box, but i dont mind using box as a pure storage space solution.
    02-11-13 04:07 PM
    50GB for new subscribers going on right now via Slickdeals.

I have cloud storage on Google, Amazon, Dropbox, Sugarsync, Box and Skydrive. Pretty handy.
    02-11-13 04:08 PM
    Does accessing anything in box go to your data allowance though? If so...not my cup of tea.
    02-11-13 04:17 PM
    Does accessing anything in box go to your data allowance though? If so...not my cup of tea.
    yes, it would have to. but if you are on wi-fi you are fine. I usually use box just as storage, and dropbox to sync things... but only on wifi.
    02-11-13 04:24 PM
    50GB for new subscribers going on right now via Slickdeals.

I have cloud storage on Google, Amazon, Dropbox, Sugarsync, Box and Skydrive. Pretty handy.
    damn. could of had 225GB lol. but i wont complain.
    02-11-13 04:24 PM
    damn. could of had 225GB lol. but i wont complain.
    I was a bit slow to by into cloud solutions, but I am a big fan now LOL.
    02-11-13 04:28 PM
    Device 16GB
    SD 32GB
    Dropbox 204.5GB
    Box 50GB

I wont count gmail as I cant fill it as needed (T.W.S.S)

I Have one folder for Dropbox and Box Pin'd as a Blackberry sync folder and Box also uploads Pics and Vids as taken. Dropbox houses all of my "My Documents" type folders from home desktop, laptop, and my office computer. I love this set up and is something that I have always wanted. I can get any file I need at anytime and view 99% of them.
    02-11-13 04:29 PM
    Device 16GB
    SD 32GB
    Dropbox 204.5GB
    Box 50GB

I wont count gmail as I cant fill it as needed (T.W.S.S)

I Have one folder for Dropbox and Box Pin'd as a Blackberry sync folder and Box also uploads Pics and Vids as taken. Dropbox houses all of my "My Documents" type folders from home desktop, laptop, and my office computer. I love this set up and is something that I have always wanted. I can get any file I need at anytime and view 99% of them.
    you have 200GB for dropbox? That's paid though right?
    02-11-13 04:34 PM
    The new BB devices can play movies and music from Box/Dropbox, right?
    02-11-13 04:34 PM
    you have 200GB for dropbox? That's paid though right?
    Yes I have a paid 100 GB account. For some reason they doubled it to 200GB.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 04:49 PM
    Yes I have a paid 100 GB account. For some reason they doubled it to 200GB.

really? that is awesome, dont really need the 100GB, but if you are paying $100 for 200GB that is a great deal!
    It might be because the prices were changed and they credited you for some payments (i remember reading something about that a while ago)
    02-11-13 04:54 PM
    I was able to snag 50gb from box last night for free

I was I could use it to sync my music to the cloud and stream from the cloud.

htcwf likes this.
    02-11-13 04:55 PM

It was possible on Android with Dropbox. I think it still is.
    02-11-13 05:00 PM

Box.net music streaming

This should work with your Z10, worked with my PB!
    (will obviously use data if you are not on wi-fi)
    02-11-13 05:02 PM
    I'm using some Gmail accounts for document repositories because their search function makes it so easy to find stuff once it's in there. I agree though, we have a lot of storage available to us in this new cloud computing world

02-11-13 05:02 PM
    lol can you even buy one is the question, as of what i remember samsung just started working on a 128GB but i think 2TB is the limits BB set for an SD card for when they are made

im not a fan of cloud storage, i know its great to have because it can be accessed from any device but on a mobile device i'm sure you will eat though your data unless you have unlimited
    02-11-13 05:03 PM
    Yep, cloud storage can be a bit data inefficient. I have unlimited data, which is a blessing, and am also blessed to mostly be around wi-fi.
    02-11-13 05:07 PM
    I'm using some Gmail accounts for document repositories because their search function makes it so easy to find stuff once it's in there. I agree though, we have a lot of storage available to us in this new cloud computing world

Yup, thats exactly what I do.

lol can you even buy one is the question, as of what i remember samsung just started working on a 128GB but i think 2TB is the limits BB set for an SD card for when they are made

im not a fan of cloud storage, i know its great to have because it can be accessed from any device but on a mobile device i'm sure you will eat though your data unless you have unlimited
    I think it was just a futureproofing measure on BBs part. If people are going to have the Z10 on 3 year contracts they should be able to use tech that comes out in 30 months with the Z10.

As for cloud data on the Z10, i use it mostly to upload pictures or documents to the cloud. I have a 6GB data plan so im not really worried, but the reason I do it that way is because once they are synced to the cloud it doesnt matter where I am and I can access them on any computer (and i sync them into organized folders). It is much better than emailing them and then having to sift through emails. Also, i can then share the link with friends/family and they can open it whenever they choose...where as certain carriers (bell) only allow picture messages if you are on their network and NOT on wifi.
    meganVee likes this.
    02-11-13 05:09 PM
    Box did a promotion about 18 months ago where if you signed up you got 25Gb, recently my friend told me of a 50GB promotion for new users. I contacted Box and asked them 'what about existing customers?' - they added 50Gb to my account.
    They told me they'll always match a new user promotion providing you tell them the URL.

Z10 = 16Gb
    SD Card = 64Gb
    Dropbox = 100Gb
    Box = 75Gb

Total storage = 255Gb
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    02-11-13 05:18 PM
    The new BB devices can play movies and music from Box/Dropbox, right?
    Yes but better performance when you pre pin it.

Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-11-13 05:24 PM
    really? that is awesome, dont really need the 100GB, but if you are paying $100 for 200GB that is a great deal!
    It might be because the prices were changed and they credited you for some payments (i remember reading something about that a while ago)
    Sounds right.

02-11-13 05:26 PM
117 123 ...