a car got hit by my z10 as it ran off my dashboard while I swerved to avoid an iphone user mesmerised with his retina display and walked right into the lane. when I retrived my phone I apologized to the lady whose car got hit with my phone and no real damage to the car.

I checked the phone later it wasn't working but I was able to flash it with an autoloader. this was many months ago....

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:09 PM
    We have brick floor in the kitchen that's sealed but still unforgiving and my BlackBerry has hit it more times than I care to recount! Still looks great
    In a case, my second Z10 has survived a lot! It's a tough little bugger!

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    11-12-13 01:45 PM
    My missus ran hers over and the screen was crushed that badly I had to hold it by the sides to avoid my fingers being cut.

However, it still turned on so I whacked in the HDMI cable and there was the lock screen standing proud on the TV!

New screen 2 days later and all was well. I was absolutely amazed to be honest.

BTW, crushing the screen meant that the phone wouldn't switch off as it just kept rebooting thinking someone had pressed the restart button so eventually the battery ran out. Something worth knowing if you retrieve your Z10 after such an incident and you think it has had it, it probably hasn't...

Feel It, Swipe It, Love It. BlackBerry Z10
    00stryder likes this.
    11-12-13 02:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yea I have owned a lot of BB's I was so sure it'd be fine I was all caught up with the narrow miss of a pile up and didnt check it until later, they survive a lot of stuff, my old original bold dropped in the snow and froze over all night after it went through the auger of my 10HP snow blower and was fine except it needed a new housing only coz the plastic edges were sharp.

I washed and dryed my BB's a couple of times, one rode the roof of my truck for 30 miles and fell on an offramp. I only realised when I got home because the BT headset made the disconnect noise earlier on the ramp and I removed it thinking it was discharged or acting up but when I couldnt find the phone I hit up BB Protect and went back looking for it. Almost got it but it didnt survive the damned 18 wheeler...I watched it die...that sucked. I did bring it home and put it together and was able to still back it up.

My 9900 has had similar stories...reminds me of my old brick Nokia's, the Nokias were unbeatable more so than BB's however. I was really concerned about the z10 tbh, it looked flimsy from the battery cover and the edge to edge screen when I got it but so far so great...almost coming up to a year!

Edit: forgot to mention the time i dropped the 9780 on the ground while grabbing groceries and everything else I could in one shot from the back of the truck and then was too lazy to put everything down to pick up the phone or go put everything inside and then come back for the phone...so I just kicked up to the main door....
    Did the car survive?

yep the car was just fine lol
    00stryder likes this.
    11-13-13 08:19 PM
    I learned from someone in BlackBerry that they actually put the phones through stress test, including smashing them on concrete floor and walls.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:13 PM
    I learned from someone in BlackBerry that they actually put the phones through stress test, including smashing them on concrete floor and walls.

Posted via CB10
    I was actually told to apply for that job. Should have taken it.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    11-13-13 09:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ouch.

11-13-13 09:30 PM
    Ouch.

I'd imagine they'd only be testing the shell with dummy internals.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:01 PM
    I don't know if the Lord Jesus had anything to do with it or not, but those BB engineers ROCK!
    :>)
    I don't know how you feel be so sure. Have you seen the Z10 drop tests?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:45 AM
    I have dropped mine every which way unprotected and this thing just keeps on ticking. Very impressed by the build quality of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:40 AM
    Is your screen still responsive?
    Attachment 219898

Mine wasn't so lucky lol

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 04:23 AM
    Is your screen still responsive?
    Nope, had to have the phone replaced

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 06:32 AM
37 12