I'm really sorry to hear this. I was the first person in my TMo store on March 26. I've had a few random reboots in the first eleven days, but after that? I'm enjoying this phone. It will take me months to become seamless with it, but I love having that screen, and the predictive type really works. Yes, I miss some of the uniquely BB features (compressed email for one), but I can't stand the iPhone and Android isn't for me. I hope you enjoy the Q10.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-17-13 08:59 AM
    Sounds like an early adopter problem to me. I have no doubt the OP experienced problems and it is not necessarily the OP's responsibility to find the cause, just a phone that works. There are a number of reasons why the OP's phone may not have worked well from possibly a problem with the SIM card to what apps were loaded and running to possibly a defective phone. Unfortunately,this thread has not uncovered the underlying problem so it is not of much help to those who might be experiencing similar problems.

Considering the large number of threads on this topic of Z10 being returned, perhaps there should be a single sticky "Returning/returned my Z10" topic to which those returning or planning to return their Z10s could post. It would give a more consolidated view of the magnitude of the problem,
    04-17-13 09:04 AM
    I changed my connection setting (network technology) from LTE down to HPSA+/UMTS. My battery works all day now, although it needs night-time charging. Seems that the phone keeps searching for LTE connection, even though there isn't one in my region. Try that.
    04-17-13 09:05 AM
    OP. JMO. Nothing personal, but, I doubt the upcoming Q10 will fit your needs as well because I'm sure it will have issues for some on here - even with the new installed OS. I'm not trying to convince ppl to stay with BlackBerry........just because. BlackBerries are not for everyone. Also, I own devices on all three platforms. So, has nothing to do with fan boyism. It's a solid BlackBerry that (like other BlackBerries I own) need a few updates. Anyway, good luck with whatever works for you.
    04-17-13 09:33 AM
    That list is a stretch if you ask me. Most of those things are highly debatable as whether or not they are better features, and you could compile the same list to any other platform vs. Blackberry as well.
    04-17-13 09:54 AM
    did he has a thread saying the same thing different title? I'm not going to read that except a few line to start with
    He's had a couple, the most recent stating that there will be a tidal wave of returned Z10s when the Q is released. He's basically hated the phone since he's allegedly had it, which is fine, I just wonder how many more threads he feels the need to start.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-17-13 10:08 AM
    That list is a stretch if you ask me. Most of those things are highly debatable as whether or not they are better features, and you could compile the same list to any other platform vs. Blackberry as well.
    So it doesn't have HDMI out, or a removable battery, or expandable storage up to 64GB, or a timeshift camera, etc.? It seemed like a fair article to me.
    04-17-13 10:08 AM
    I love my z10 but theres alot of things wrong with it. I cant even send mms. Tmobile is releasing the htc one on the 24 including an update for wifi calling.. i ask if the z10 will receive it that day to and said no.. i think ive waited to long. To be waiting more for stuff that shouldve been there from the beginning, cause didnt rim say they delay the lunch until jan. Cause they wanted everything to be perfect? Well no mayor apps. Reboots.. bugs.. a whole bunch of features that shouldve been on the os since lunch... idk i dont see wheres perfect on that.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:11 AM
    Hope you find the device that works best for you. BlackBerry has a lot to fix, this is only making the fire under them a little bit hotter.
    04-17-13 11:25 AM
    So it doesn't have HDMI out, or a removable battery, or expandable storage up to 64GB, or a timeshift camera, etc.? It seemed like a fair article to me.
    I guess a couple are legit, but Android apps is a negative in my opinion. Removable battery is something this phone has to have because A. It still needs battery pulls (which is comical in 2013) and the battery is weak so you need to carry around more than 1.
    04-17-13 12:15 PM
    I had the Z10 since March 29, so I think that I really stuck with it long enough.

It started rebooting on its own. Battery life was not good ( I think that they both have to do with using other USB chargers, even legacy BB usb chargers, I only used my 9900 charger to charge it in car and at home/office).

Keyboard is good, but still not like a physucal board.

I really miss the trackad to edit my typing....

I love the hub and flow, but well, nothing majorly exciting....
    Sorry to hear your problems. That reboot issue sucks. I've been lucky not to have it so far. Just want to give you a heads up because I am a long time 9900 user and loved it. You said you missed your trackpad...just to let you know unless I stand corrected the Q10 got rid of the trackpad. Just letting you know because this is one of the factors that made me try the z10
    04-17-13 12:20 PM
    Bet the real reason is cos of no skype but he didn't want to start another skype thread
    04-17-13 12:20 PM
    I guess a couple are legit, but Android apps is a negative in my opinion. Removable battery is something this phone has to have because A. It still needs battery pulls (which is comical in 2013) and the battery is weak so you need to carry around more than 1.
    You cannot speak for everyone though. I have never done a battery pull on mine and my battery easily lasts through the day. The android apps I agree with. I will wait for native apps before downloading android junk.
    04-17-13 12:21 PM
    I'm sorry Mr. Z10 but I will be sending you back to where you came from, because I just couldn't justify keeping you. You're an Iphone and Android clone (I know that all the trolls here willl jump on me saying that we have peek, flow, hub, so it can't be an Iphone clone).

I went back to my 9900, hate the black clock, but it's better than the Z10.

I will buy the Q10 when it's released, and I hope that the software will be polished by then, because the Z really sucked with the unfinishings and reboots.

If the Q will not suit me anymore, then I will be loooking for another phone.

If anyone could recommend an OS that has a unified mailbox like BB, I would seriously go there.
    webOS!
    04-17-13 02:32 PM
    Awwww

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:34 PM
    I will buy the Q10 when it's released, and I hope that the software will be polished by then, because the Z really sucked with the unfinishings and reboots.
    Did anyone check to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the phone? I haven't had rebooting issues with my phone. Had some heat issues but removed some Android apps to solve that.
    04-17-13 02:37 PM
    Battery pulls? I've never had to do this with my Z10... I just reboot the phone if I need to...
    04-17-13 03:24 PM
    04-17-13 03:25 PM
    I'm sorry Mr. Z10 but I will be sending you back to where you came from, because I just couldn't justify keeping you. You're an Iphone and Android clone (I know that all the trolls here willl jump on me saying that we have peek, flow, hub, so it can't be an Iphone clone).

I went back to my 9900, hate the black clock, but it's better than the Z10.

If the Q will not suit me anymore, then I will be loooking for another phone.

If anyone could recommend an OS that has a unified mailbox like BB, I would seriously go there.
    Lol the q10 will run the exact same OS.

I always laugh when people say the z10 is an iPhone and android clone, when there were slab touch screen devices before the iPhone, and bb released the storm before there was a real android phone(not the g1). Also if I'm correct BBOS had icons, an icon grid an app launcher, themes, customization, games, and so fourth before android? And even iOS so wouldn't that make them a copy of bb with a touch screen and additional features?

Also there where touch windows phones before the iPhone. With that mind state we would all be driving ford and Chevy cars, because everything else is just a copy.
    04-17-13 03:26 PM
    My phone has personally never rebooted not once on its own anyway, and i have had it since the Friday of the UK release, so 2nd (3rd?) day I cant remember. I do miss some bits of my old Legacy OS.
    But you don't like it each to their own so good look with your Q10 hope you like it !

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:28 PM
    The thing is, if our device restart on their own during the night. We'd never know anyway

Posted via Navi's CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-17-13 03:31 PM
    If no one cares about the OP returning the z10? Why did you click it? To tell him no one cares? If you didn't care you wouldn't have clicked the forum! CB forums are so repetitive. Someone posts and says they hate the phone, everyone says they're tired of hearing this, and some funny guy makes a mock thread in which everyone supports.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:00 PM
    If no one cares about the OP returning the z10? Why did you click it? To tell him no one cares? If you didn't care you wouldn't have clicked the forum! CB forums are so repetitive. Someone posts and says they hate the phone, everyone says they're tired of hearing this, and some funny guy makes a mock thread in which everyone supports.
    Yep. It's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. It used to really bug me ( I'm a true BlackBerry fanboy), but now I just play along until it gets old and then I unsubscribe from the thread.

Posted via Zeppelin
    04-17-13 08:42 PM
    Every new phone has it's quirks. People forget that the original iphone and iphone 3g could not even SMS or MMS! Expect the unexpected when you buy a brand new platform. If i had a dime every time my previous android phones random rebooted i could buy a Blackberry.
    Actually the original iPhone (not iPhone 3G) couldn't do MMS. It could always do SMS. Not that I'm sticking up for iPhone because personally I think they smack bad. But your "facts" are wrong.
    04-18-13 01:53 AM
    you would have 2 threads LoL
    05-02-13 09:56 AM
77 1234