I'm a new user here, but I've been experiencing a number of little quirks and oddities that are mildly frustrating with my Z10, so I thought I'd take a minute to describe them and see if anyone else is experiencing them, finds them annoying, and/or if there is anything I can do about them...

1. Keyboard and Auto-Correct issues. In general, I like the new keyboard, but there are a few significant frustrations:
    • MOST of the time (i.e. >90% of the time), when I first press "?123", the keyboard switches to alt mode, but then instantly reverts back to the alpha keyboard, requiring me to press "?123" AGAIN to get the alt keyboard to display. Oddly, while the second press almost always works correctly, the NEXT time I go to do it, the cycle repeats.
    • The auto-correct function apparently believes that there is never a use for the hyphen character: It ALWAYS removes them, requiring manual correction in any instance where I want to use it (and it never remembers those corrections the next time either).
    • Just because a word occurs within double quotes, does NOT mean that it must begin with a capital letter!
    • Despite the O/S being written in Ottawa, and Blackberry hailing from Waterloo, BB10 apparently has ZERO cognizance of Canadian English, language settings notwithstanding >> colour, favour, labour etc. (amongst many others) are all unrecognized words. Despite having my region set to "Canada", and my language set to "English (UK)" (which Canadian is much closer-to than American), I shouldn't have to ADD these words to the dictionary!
    • Auto-correct "corrects" some smilie characters if they're entered manually ( ":s" routinely gets "corrected" to ": s")
    • Why is there no "delete-character-right" function? Shift-Backspace used to work just fine for this! (for clarity: delete-character-right would traditionally be called a "delete" key/function, as opposed to the "backspace" / delete-character-left function)
    • tapping on a smilie icon on the edges of the screen, often results in the icon that's off-screen, but adjacent being selected...

2. I can no-longer access phone functionality from inside apps. For example, if I'm in BBM or SMS messaging, and I want to actually PHONE the person I'm chatting with, I can't just hit a "Dial" key (as, for example on the Torch) to do so. Instead, I have to swipe back to the home screen, select the phone, select the contact list, select the search input, type some portion of the person's name, and then select their name. THAT IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT! Why, for example, isn't "Call this person" an option on the context menu if there's an associated contact with a phone number? (and CLEARLY if I'm SMS'ing someone, there's an associated ph#!)
    3. Unless I specifically go into the Settings and change it manually, Calendar won't remember the viewing mode that I last selected, one of the "Default Calendar Viewing Mode" options should be "Last Selected"...

There are others, but those are the ones that I encounter routinely and which cause the most frustration... Is anyone else experiencing these things and/or finding them frustrating?
    04-17-13 11:50 PM
    Nope

Colour neighbours poutine Ottawa Waterloo Toronto Vancouver.

Hmmm keyboard seems to work just fine

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:54 PM
    And for sms calling you click on the persons name at the top and it gives you the option to call them after the profile pops up

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:56 PM
    The hyphen thing is killing me.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:49 AM
    I don't know what to say, on my phone, when I type "colour", "favour", "harbour" etc, they're changed to "color", "favor", and "harbor". As I mentioned, my region is set to Canada, and my language/dictionary is set to "English (UK)"... Names of cities should all be spelled correctly regardless of language or dictionary, since they're proper-nouns and would be spelled the same even if you were speaking a different language....
    04-18-13 03:18 PM
    I appreciate having that SMS "shortcut" method for calling someone pointed-out, however, it doesn't seem to work at all in BBM, and I'm still at a loss as to why they wouldn't have just put a "Call this person" link on the sidebar menu of both apps...
    04-18-13 03:22 PM
    I don't know what to say, on my phone, when I type "colour", "favour", "harbour" etc, they're changed to "color", "favor", and "harbor". As I mentioned, my region is set to Canada, and my language/dictionary is set to "English (UK)"... Names of cities should all be spelled correctly regardless of language or dictionary, since they're proper-nouns and would be spelled the same even if you were speaking a different language....
    Adding these words to your dictionary should alleviate this problem...also I see that you used a hyphen which others have said does not function...I, myself, have not had a problem with this either,as far as I can recall ....

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:53 AM