I have had my Z10 since the first day it came out and I must say I like it but my only issue are my emails do not come to phone as fast as it did on the 9900!!! I only have yahoo and Gmail on my phone but will I tell you they come to my phone so late if they even come at all!!! AT&T is my carrier but I don't believe it's a carrier issue. Is anybody else having this issue besides me??

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    04-22-13 09:55 AM
    I tested this just last night and found mine came quickly, but I am using Outlook.
    I would suggest you G**gle this and see if any solutions present.
    Best of luck.
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:16 AM
    I tested this just last night and found mine came quickly, but I am using Outlook.
    Best of luck.
    I wil and thanks so much!!

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    HotFix likes this.
    04-22-13 10:18 AM
    But I thought that yahoo got rid of push email

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-22-13 11:00 AM
    But I thought that yahoo got rid of push email

I don't know didn't hear that info!!!

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    04-22-13 07:26 PM
    Okay Gmail is an IMAP email and support push.
    It should be within seconds. Yahoo is POP and takes longer. Go to settings...account...Gmail and see that push is checked. For Yahoo see the sync interval. For faster set it to 15 minutes. I have both these accounts .

Posted from my lovely Z10
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-22-13 09:26 PM
    Also, with the new leaked OS, the sync time is lower. Before it was 15 minutes, now you can select 5 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    fast666 and godsgift123 like this.
    04-22-13 09:30 PM
    Yahoo is ****e my email is through them and I can confirm they do not support push.

Bad on them.

Thought there new Ceo was some kind of wonder woman.
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-22-13 09:32 PM
    Yahoo is ****e my email is through them and I can confirm they do not support push.

Bad on them.

Lol

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    04-22-13 10:09 PM

Bad on them.

Yes some kind of wonder woman who hates blackberry

alan510 and godsgift123 like this.
    04-22-13 10:22 PM
    Best of luck.
    I'm using Outlook.com and it works Great!
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:34 PM
    I'm definitely having the same issue. . .I usually hit "refresh" from the overflow menu and that usually get's it done. . .I think is has something to do with them using ActiveSync now. . .experienced the same thing with my playbook. . .
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-22-13 10:41 PM
    I only have yahoo and Gmail on my phone but will I tell you they come to my phone so late if they even come at all!!! AT&T is my carrier but I don't believe it's a carrier issue. Is anybody else having this issue besides me??
    There are plenty of people who have reported similar problems. However, I can tell you that I did a test with my friend who has a Z10 (Telus in Canada) and uses Gmail. I sent him an email with the time in the subject line and he received it within about 90 seconds.

The other thing is this - I'm just waiting for things with the new OS to settle down before grabbing a Z10, but in the interim I grabbed a Nexus 4 because I was so sick of the iPhone. One thing about the iPhone was that Gmail arrived almost instantly. Gmail canned Active Sync; now, with my Nexus 4, Gmail is unpredictable (sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes) but Hotmail is instantaneous.

I'm seriously considering a switch to Outlook.
    Last edited by mset; 04-23-13 at 12:38 AM.
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-22-13 11:56 PM
    There are plenty of people who have reported similar problems. However, I can tell you that I did a test with my friend who has a Z10 (Telus in Canada) and uses Gmail. I sent him an email with the time in the subject line and he received it within about 90 seconds.

The other thing is this - I'm just waiting for things with the new OS to settle down before grabbing a Z10, but in the interim I grabbed a Nexus 4 because I was so sick of the iPhone. One thing about the iPhone was that Gmail arrived almost instantly. Gmail canned Active Sync; now, with my Nexus 4, Gmail is unpredictable (sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes) but Hotmail is instantaneous.

I'm seriously considering a switch to Outlook.
    I have an Iphone 5 and feel the same way!!! My emails come instantly on that phone especially Gmail but I've already pre order the Samsung 4 and all my emails came instantly on my Samsung 3 so I know it will must definitely work on that phone. I'm not getting rid of my z10 but I have tried what people have been suggesting me to do and it works now but I just had to let you know how much I agreed with you.

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    04-23-13 02:25 AM
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push-IMAP

This explains it a bit. Yahoo uses some UDP capability for push, which not many mail clients can utilize.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:31 AM
    I'm receiving my emails (Outlook activeSync account) on 3 different devices: my computer, an iPad, an my Z10.
    I can confirm they are coming as fast on any of these devices. It vary from message to message which received it first, but should say no more than 10-30 sec differences
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:52 AM
    I have had my Z10 since the first day it came out and I must say I like it but my only issue are my emails do not come to phone as fast as it did on the 9900!!! I only have yahoo and Gmail on my phone but will I tell you they come to my phone so late if they even come at all!!! AT&T is my carrier but I don't believe it's a carrier issue. Is anybody else having this issue besides me??

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    Get an email provider that supports either IMAP - IDLE or Microsoft Exchange Active Sync.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-23-13 05:36 AM
    I have an Iphone 5 and feel the same way!!! My emails come instantly on that phone especially Gmail
    dont understand this. my emails all come instantly on my Z. and then 15mins later i hear my iphone buzz with the same message alert. gmail messages.
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-23-13 08:09 AM

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    In order to get around delivery issues and slowdowns, I have my primary email account, Gmail, forwarded to my Outlook account; then I have my Outlook account forwarded to my Yahoo account; then I have my Yahoo account forwarded to my AOL account, such that I should have four email entries for each email I receive. To my surprise, the only provider delivering email promptly has turned out to be AOL. Gmail and Outlook have been delivering promptly around 95% of the time and Yahoo is just arbitrarily delivering whenever it feels like. I'm hoping Gmail will return to its 99.9% prompt delivery like it used to do in the weeks ahead.
    godsgift123 likes this.
    04-23-13 01:41 PM
    In order to get around delivery issues and slowdowns, I have my primary email account, Gmail, forwarded to my Outlook account; then I have my Outlook account forwarded to my Yahoo account; then I have my Yahoo account forwarded to my AOL account, such that I should have four email entries for each email I receive. To my surprise, the only provider delivering email promptly has turned out to be AOL. Gmail and Outlook have been delivering promptly around 95% of the time and Yahoo is just arbitrarily delivering whenever it feels like. I'm hoping Gmail will return to its 99.9% prompt delivery like it used to do in the weeks ahead.
    That's a lot of forwarding emails lol but thanks for the info and I do agree Gmail needs to return to 99.9% because that is my main email for business!!!

V. Taylor via Z10!!!
    04-23-13 02:55 PM