As I said in a previous post, I bought my Z10 off eBay 2 years ago (27/04/2013) and by now it's out of waranty for I don't know how long, and I can't send it to my carrier because it's not there's and they stopped supporting BlackBerry a year ago or so.
    05-17-15 05:56 AM
    RIP to your device sir, buy new one and upgrade.
    05-17-15 06:15 AM
    As I said in a previous post, I bought my Z10 off eBay 2 years ago (27/04/2013) and by now it's out of waranty for I don't know how long, and I can't send it to my carrier because it's not there's and they stopped supporting BlackBerry a year ago or so.
    Yeah that's bummer and update then?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:58 AM
    Yeah that's bummer and update then?

Posted via CB10
    What update?
    05-17-15 07:14 AM
    Any luck in reviving your Z10 ?
    05-17-15 09:05 AM
    What update?
    Updating your phone to Z30 or so?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:27 PM
    Any luck in reviving your Z10 ?
    Nop, nothing!!

Updating your phone to Z30 or so?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think my next device will be a BlackBerry, I wanted to get a Passport but I'm not sure right now after what happened with the Z10.
    05-17-15 02:40 PM
    Here's something I just decovered: When I try to update OS via the internet browser, AppLoader doesn't recognize the device it shows USB:UNKNOWN, when I press next it asks for password but it shows PIN as 0, not the actual pin of my device, and i don't know why?
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-usbunknown.png

My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-pin0.jpg
    05-17-15 03:06 PM
    Did you enter the password?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:12 PM
    plus it seems like the driver didn't install properly from a few posts back. Do other devices install correctly? Like headphones or mouse?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:13 PM
    Did you enter the password?

Posted via CB10
    Yes and nothing happens it keeps on searching for update forever.

plus it seems like the driver didn't install properly from a few posts back. Do other devices install correctly? Like headphones or mouse?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it did install properly, and both BBLink and Device Manager shows the device as connected.
    05-17-15 03:18 PM
    Yes and nothing happens it keeps on searching for update forever.

Yes it did install properly, and both BBLink and Device Manager shows the device as connected.
    Can you send a screenshot of your device manager with the phone plugged in? You might have to go into the device that says BlackBerry Smartphone or BlackBerry Device and either enable the driver or uninstall it completely and choose Delete driver. You can also to uninstall any device with BlackBerry in the name, including the ones under Network Adapters. I've had this issue before and the driver was actually there but it wasn't enabled. I enabled it and it worked after that. I've also ran into this issue before trying to revive a Z10 on a slow laptop with no Internet connection and it timed out before the driver could install. I carried the same Z10 home and hooked it up to my fast desktop with a fast Internet connection and the driver installed first time. I've also run into this same issue trying to update different BB10 models on very slow computers with decent Internet connections. I just had to wait a very long time in those cases for the driver to install. I also encountered a Z30 that refused to be seen by Sachesi on a fast laptop with fast Internet connection. I plugged in my Z10 and it was recognized instantly. Then one day I plugged in my Passport into the same laptop and it recognized and installed the drivers. After that I plugged in the same Z30 that wouldn't work for anything and it worked like a charm. There must be a way to get those drivers installed and enabled. You could keep turning the phone off and on with it plugged in and the battery out to see if it will eventually install. Would be good it you could try it on a fast computer with a fast Internet connection and make sure to try it with and without the latest BlackBerry Link Installed.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 12:00 AM
    hi, hope this reply isnt too late
    i heard that doing an SIC wipe can cause your kind of problem.
    just a heads up
    05-18-15 12:06 AM
    I got this from a thread by a guy named robert. its not from me
    Before I start I would like to make it clear that this worked for me on one of my z30's. It had the Beta 10.3.2.500 loaded on it and even though it was working fine I decided to test it anyway.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THIS WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE.

If you decide to do this, proceed at your own risk. I will be testing on my Passport next.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, my z30 was on the Beta 10.3.2.500. I don't know if many of you remember a while back there was a big oops with a DEV OS that was dropped which happened to be a full OS. If not Software release 10.3.1.396 or OS Version 10.3.1.632 is the one I'm referring to.

The first thing I did was make sure BlackBerry Protect was disabled. I had to enter my BBID password to access and then re-enter the password after disabling. The next step was execute the 10.3.1.396 autoloader on my laptop. I pluged in my z30 and entered the existing device password when prompted. To my surprise the device rebooted and the 10.3.1.396 image started loading without any issues. When completed I was a bit worried but after the device restarted the setup screen showed up right away. I proceeded in setting up the phone and when I arrived at the screen where the device searched for any available updates I was shocked at seeing a message indicating a 1GB update for 10.3.1.1767 was available. I skipped the update and finished setting up the phone to test. So far everything is working perfect. On an odd note as you will see in the pics below, the Software release is showing as 10.3.1.396 but the OS Version has 10.3.2.500. The radio version is showing 10.3.1.633 and under the general category under about it shows the Software Release as 10.3.1.396.
    05-18-15 12:07 AM
    Can you send a screenshot of your device manager with the phone plugged in? You might have to go into the device that says BlackBerry Smartphone or BlackBerry Device and either enable the driver or uninstall it completely and choose Delete driver. You can also to uninstall any device with BlackBerry in the name, including the ones under Network Adapters. I've had this issue before and the driver was actually there but it wasn't enabled. I enabled it and it worked after that. I've also ran into this issue before trying to revive a Z10 on a slow laptop with no Internet connection and it timed out before the driver could install. I carried the same Z10 home and hooked it up to my fast desktop with a fast Internet connection and the driver installed first time. I've also run into this same issue trying to update different BB10 models on very slow computers with decent Internet connections. I just had to wait a very long time in those cases for the driver to install. I also encountered a Z30 that refused to be seen by Sachesi on a fast laptop with fast Internet connection. I plugged in my Z10 and it was recognized instantly. Then one day I plugged in my Passport into the same laptop and it recognized and installed the drivers. After that I plugged in the same Z30 that wouldn't work for anything and it worked like a charm. There must be a way to get those drivers installed and enabled. You could keep turning the phone off and on with it plugged in and the battery out to see if it will eventually install. Would be good it you could try it on a fast computer with a fast Internet connection and make sure to try it with and without the latest BlackBerry Link Installed.

Posted via CB10
    So I did what you said:
    I uninstalled all BB drivers, and BBlink, restarted the computer and plugged the device in.
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-pilotesinstall.png

Windows tried to install drivers and succeded.
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-pilotesinstallnosuccess.png

BlackBerry drivers are enabled, or so I think since the only options I have are: update, disable, or uninstall.
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-pilotesactives.jpg

SIC wipe or autoloader won't work since BlackBerry device manager is not instzlled in the computer.

and Apploader (using the internet browser) detects the device as USB:Unknown, and shows a PIN: 0 (see previous post with screenshots)
    05-18-15 07:31 AM
    Now that the unknown device (BlackBerry Smartphone) is enabled and installed. Try running the autoloader or SIC wipe again and see if you get the same connection error. If you're still getting it reinstall Blackberry Link. Leave the device plugged in since the driver appears to be installed, enabled and it would be associated with that USB port. Let me know if anything happens.

I don't know if you misinterpreted my last set of suggestions but I was really thinking that if you were to enable the driver and it worked that you should have tried running the SIC wipe or autoloader again at that point before proceeding to the further steps of deleting everything. That's ok though at least you could see for yourself that that driver was amiss and it did in fact enable correctly when you tried. If your phone was dead that wouldn't be able to happen. So you're very close but your problems in fixing it lie in your tools that you're trying to use to fix it not the phone itself. You can try this on another PC that had a BlackBerry Link and Z10 setup and a good Internet connection and it might work perfectly, first try.

That reminds me of an occasion where I couldn't get an STL100-03 connected to my main PC at all while my good old STL100-1 worked fine all the time. I hooked up the STL100-03 to another PC and it detected it first time. The good thing is, once you get it to work once you shouldn't have to go through this again on your computer.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 07:52 AM
    I don't know if you misinterpreted my last set of suggestions but I was really thinking that if you were to enable the driver and it worked that you should have tried running the SIC wipe or autoloader again at that point before proceeding to the further steps of deleting everything. That's ok though at least you could see for yourself that that driver was amiss and it did in fact enable correctly when you tried. If your phone was dead that wouldn't be able to happen. So you're very close but your problems in fixing it lie in your tools that you're trying to use to fix it not the phone itself. You can try this on another PC that had a BlackBerry Link and Z10 setup and a good Internet connection and it might work perfectly, first try.

Posted via CB10
    I did actually, I didn't say it but after I installed the drivers I run BBlink and it still showed the device as connected, so does BlackBerry device manager.
    and autoloader does the same thing I said before, asks for password and hungs there, no communication error tho.
    05-18-15 08:17 AM
    I did actually, I didn't say it but after I installed the drivers I run BBlink and it still showed the device as connected, so does BlackBerry device manager.
    and autoloader does the same thing I said before, asks for password and hungs there, no communication error tho.
    Or ok good. When you reached that part where the autoloader hung, you could have tried rebooting the phone. You could have also tried SIC wipe at that point. There was at least one time I ran SIC wipe and it seemed to be stuck on starting first wipe and it looked like nothing was happening and I restarted the device by holding down the power button to turn it off then turned it back on again then when it started booting up it connected to bootrom and started wiping. You could have also tried BBLink Reload again at that point.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:24 AM
    Or ok good. When you reached that part where the autoloader hung, you could have tried rebooting the phone. You could have also tried SIC wipe at that point. There was at least one time I ran SIC wipe and it seemed to be stuck on starting first wipe and it looked like nothing was happening and I restarted the device by holding down the power button to turn it off then turned it back on again then when it started booting up it connected to bootrom and started wiping. You could have also tried BBLink Reload again at that point.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, when bootloader gets stuck after the password, I hold the power button to restart the device and once it turns off both SIC wipe and Autoloader shut down completly.
    When I do the same with BBlink it stops and says something like there was a communication problem with the device blablabla.

EDIT: it says USB channel closed unexpectedly
    05-18-15 11:28 AM
    Yes, when bootloader gets stuck after the password, I hold the power button to restart the device and once it turns off both SIC wipe and Autoloader shut down completly.
    When I do the same with BBlink it stops and says something like there was a communication problem with the device blablabla.

EDIT: it says USB channel closed unexpectedly
    Hmmmm...I guess I might have rebooted or switched on during an earlier part of the process then cause I'm almost sure that I was able to either reboot or turn on the device after running the SIC wipe or autoloader. You can try this. Turn off device, run SIC wipe or autoloader. Then turn on device.
    Maybe you can leave it for a while if it gets stuck again. Could it be that it just needs more time?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 05-18-15 at 01:26 PM.
    05-18-15 11:57 AM
    Hmmmm...I guess I might have rebooted or switched on during an earlier part of the process then cause I'm almost sure that I was able to either reboot or turn on the device after running the SIC wipe or autoloader. You can try this. Turn off device, run SIC wipe or autoloader. Then turn on device.
    Maybe you can leave it for a while if it gets stuck again. Could it be that it just needs more time?

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry about it, I'll just wait for that battery to arrive and see if that works, and if it doesn't I'll just move on to another phone.
    Thanks a lot for your help ;-)
    05-18-15 02:40 PM
    Don't worry about it, I'll just wait for that battery to arrive and see if that works, and if it doesn't I'll just move on to another phone.
    Thanks a lot for your help ;-)
    No problemo

Posted via CB10
    zefreaky likes this.
    05-18-15 04:03 PM
    A new battery didn't work neither!
    I just got it this morning and retried Autoloader, BBlink AppLoader and nothing...still blinking the same f*#@ng red light.
    05-19-15 06:33 AM
    Had you tried using an autoloader without the battery in the device ?
    05-19-15 06:40 AM
    Had you tried using an autoloader without the battery in the device ?
    With and without battery
    05-19-15 06:58 AM
109 ... 2345