i'm sorry you are having so many issues.

As it turns out, the charger I was using was dying, but I had a new one to try. So I put that in my Z10 and with the battery in it, I get no LED, no nothing. If I take the battery out, I get a solid red light. I am hoping this is a good sign and maybe its just the screen or the battery port that needs to be resoldered.
    05-11-15 09:00 AM
    Well! I think it's time to declare "the hour of death": May 15th, 2015 17:35 (GMT+2)
    RIP dear BlackBerry Z10, you'll never be forgotten. (27/04/2013-15/05/2015)

THANK YOU ALL for your help, i tried everything I could but nothing helped.
    05-15-15 10:44 AM
    I've never thought I would say this, but this is the last BlackBerry I'll have after 7 years of being a loyal BB fan.
    I wouldn't say that if the circumstances of death were different, I mean if I have dropped the phone or water demaged it, then I would be responsible, but it's not the case, it just stopped working from a minute to another...and I don't think I can trust a bb phone after this.

I think I'm goinna go for a Samsung or an HTC...we'll see what offers I have in my service provider
    05-15-15 10:51 AM
    Well! I think it's time to declare "the hour of death": May 15th, 2015 17:35 (GMT+2)

Sorry to hear that. No problem for the help at all. What happened when you tried it on another PC with a faster Internet connection? The phone seems to be semi-bricked and it might still be able to be revived. I've revived a few myself in a similar state. It's not limited to BlackBerry Devices. Can happen to any device. Even a computer can be working fine one minute then stop working the next.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:04 PM
    Sorry to hear that. No problem for the help at all. What happened when you tried it on another PC with a faster Internet connection? The phone seems to be semi-bricked and it might still be able to be revived. I've revived a few myself in a similar state. It's not limited to BlackBerry Devices. Can happen to any device. Even a computer can be working fine one minute then stop working the next.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing, Autoloader gives a communication error and BBLink keeps on "initializing software update" forever...
    Windows fails to install the drivers by itself, but recognizes the phone after BBLink installation.
    It's hardware failure that couldn't be fixed via software.

i know that this thing could happen to any device, but my sister got her Samsung before me and it's still working, and she's a heavy user but she probably didn't drop hers to as much as I did.
    Plus if you take a Samsung or an iPhone to a repair shop they don't look at you as if you handed them an alien device, and they may have repair pieces!!
    05-15-15 12:14 PM
    You tried to install 10.3.2 and killed your device. I don't think BlackBerry or even any other company would cover that if they found out.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:41 PM
    You tried to install 10.3.2 and killed your device. I don't think BlackBerry or even any other company would cover that if they found out.

Posted via CB10
    WHAT? I don't remember doing that!
    plus the 10.3.2 I had in the device came from BlackBerry Beta Program not even a leaked OS, so does that make it BlackBerry's fault??
    Last edited by zefreaky; 05-15-15 at 01:09 PM.
    05-15-15 12:53 PM
    Nothing, Autoloader gives a communication error and BBLink keeps on "initializing software update" forever...
    Windows fails to install the drivers by itself, but recognizes the phone after BBLink installation.
    It's hardware failure that couldn't be fixed via software.

i know that this thing could happen to any device, but my sister got her Samsung before me and it's still working, and she's a heavy user but she probably didn't drop hers to as much as I did.
    Plus if you take a Samsung or an iPhone to a repair shop they don't look at you as if you handed them an alien device, and they may have repair pieces!!
    Deep in my gut, I just feel like I could fix that phone in a few minutes. It's not dead as long as you're seeing the BlackBerry Logo and it's boot looping and the PC can detect it. I can understand that you're ready to give up but if you're ready to throw it away maybe you can send it to someone here who might have better luck and they can probably fix it for you and send it back. Dead is when you plug in the phone and get no response whatsoever from the PC or it doesn't even load the boot loader sequence. Your hardware seems fine, it's just that one driver that is causing some problems. You could also have an issue with your USB port contacts or USB cord at the same time. I love fixing stuff so it's sad that you haven't been able to get through. Just the other day I fixed a motherboard that had some bad RAM slots after grinding from possible issue to issue for weeks. But you need a phone and you need one now. Very understandable.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:54 PM
    Deep in my gut, I just feel like I could fix that phone in a few minutes. It's not dead as long as you're seeing the BlackBerry Logo and it's boot looping and the PC can detect it. I can understand that you're ready to give up but if you're ready to throw it away maybe you can send it to someone here who might have better luck and they can probably fix it for you and send it back. Dead is when you plug in the phone and get no response whatsoever from the PC or it doesn't even load the boot loader sequence. Your hardware seems fine, it's just that one driver that is causing some problems. You could also have an issue with your USB port contacts or USB cord at the same time. I love fixing stuff so it's sad that you haven't been able to get through. Just the other day I fixed a motherboard that had some bad RAM slots after grinding from possible issue to issue for weeks. But you need a phone and you need one now. Very understandable.

Posted via CB10
    Believe me, I like to fix stuff too!! I've had issues with this same device before and fixed it, i even went through hardware in my Bold 9900 to fix the keyboard problem, and fixed a bricked curve 8520.
    It's just that I have a lot to deal with right now...and these past 2 months were the most horrible I've ever had in my life and it doesn't look like it's about to change anytime soon...

anyways...I give up for now, maybe next time I'm bored I'll give it another try.
    05-15-15 01:11 PM
    You have been battling with this phone for a while now. It seamed as though you very close to reviving it!
    ( have been following this thread, waiting for a positive outcome)
    I am certain that sooner or later you will be successful! However,for now I think you are frustrated and should just put it aside.
    05-15-15 01:33 PM
    WHAT? I don't remember doing that!
    plus the 10.3.2 I had in the device came from BlackBerry Beta Program not even a leaked OS, so does that make it BlackBerry's fault??
    I misunderstood the issue then. Personally I still think that device can be fixed if you get a red light on connection.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:34 PM
    Also which model of Z10 is this? 100-1? -2,-3? Do you have a spare battery? My Z10 wouldn't turn on at one point too and revived it by swapping batteries.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:38 PM
    Also which model of Z10 is this? 100-1? -2,-3? Do you have a spare battery? My Z10 wouldn't turn on at one point too and revived it by swapping batteries.

Posted via CB10
    it's a STL 100-2, I bought a battery from eBay on April 29th but it hasn't arrive yet, I couldn't find Z10 batteries in shops in my area.
    05-15-15 01:47 PM
    it's a STL 100-2, I bought a battery from eBay on April 29th but it hasn't arrive yet, I couldn't find Z10 batteries in shops in my area.
    I use the external battery charger to make sure the 2ND battery is always charged. Very useful kit. I also bought mine online. Everything is cheaper online anyway at least in Canada it is.

I'll PM you privately in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:59 PM
    I use the external battery charger to make sure the 2ND battery is always charged. Very useful kit. I also bought mine online. Everything is cheaper online anyway at least in Canada it is.

I'll PM you privately in a bit.

Posted via CB10
    oki!
    05-15-15 02:18 PM

My condolences man

Z10 suffered the exact same fate on April 6th. Luckily it turned on 2 times again, just so I could make a quick backup of the whole phone. Minute the backup finished, the screen faded out and it's been dead since. Moving to a Z30 this monday I think, got a great deal!
    05-15-15 10:54 PM
    I don't understand how can so many z10's die, without any reasons known!
    I have a bb said to be 'quality product' and do not expect it to hard brick at random specially when BlackBerry do not give root access to users!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by shrirang44; 05-16-15 at 03:03 AM.
    yngvarrsen24 likes this.
    05-16-15 02:45 AM
    no problem just charge it this happened to me about two months ago and now it is better than a new one

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:19 AM
    My condolences man

Z10 suffered the exact same fate on April 6th. Luckily it turned on 2 times again, just so I could make a quick backup of the whole phone. Minute the backup finished, the screen faded out and it's been dead since. Moving to a Z30 this monday I think, got a great deal!
    Thanks! I had a Samsung a month before this happened, and I sold it to a friend because he's father needed a new one and because it was just laying around without use, If I knew this would happen I would never have sold it!!

I don't understand how can so many z10's die, without any reasons known!
    I have a bb said to be 'quality product' and do not expect it to hard brick at random specially when BlackBerry do not give root access to users!

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand neither, the worst is when I wrote to blackberryhelp back to tell them their tip didn't work they adviced me to call technical service (by phone), from a phone that's not working!! hahaha
    and they didn't tell me what was the problem what was wrong with the phone....

no problem just charge it this happened to me about two months ago and now it is better than a new one

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I put to charge but it doesn't seem to be charging. I think the battery drained, beacuse when I unplug the phone from the wall charger or from the PC it blinks foor few minutes and stops and won't turn on, untill I plug it again.
    05-16-15 05:32 AM
    I sended my Z10 back and they gave me a brand new one <3 BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 06:39 AM
    I sended my Z10 back and they gave me a brand new one <3 BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Good!
    did you send it because of the same issue?
    05-16-15 08:51 AM
    Good!
    did you send it because of the same issue?
    A bit different.
    I was waking in Amsterdam on a trip and my phone died in my hands. I was using Swarm and the app crashed so I restarted it by pressing powerbutton. While starting back-up the phone gave me an error code a red blink 101 or so it had to do with bad memory. I tought it was my battery. So I tried to reinstall OS by using autoloader. BBLink BBLink preferences (because there's a beg different) And still nothing.
    I let it charge for +50 hours and nothing.
    So I decided to send it back. After 3 weeks I didn't got my phone back so I called them they told me it's still in progress at a BlackBerry service spot in Holland (I'm from Belgium) So It would take another week at least. They told me that if they can't fix the problem before the 4th week they will send me a brand new Z10. They didn't solve it so they sended me a new Z10 (without accesoires ) But they returned my backdoor too. So now I have 2 backdoors
    It took a long time but with a broken screen Moto G as replacement phone I didn't notice the elapsed time
    Hope you get something out of this.
    I bought my Z10 around 3th August 2014
    05-16-15 07:51 PM
    Irrelevant but the flashing led uses morse code??? Fascinating.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 01:37 AM
    BlackBerry should accept the liability and replace the death BlackBerry Z10 Devices for free, it's not our fault so they should do something.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 04:09 AM
    Irrelevant but the flashing led uses morse code??? Fascinating.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I didn't knew that either so If your phone is dead Try to boot it and watch If it gives you an error code by LED blinking.
    http://allsmartphonesinfo.blogspot.b...berry.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 04:39 AM
109 12345