device doesnt start except we use autoloader to flash first try 10.2 official os then install other

Posted via CB10
    ok thanks!
    Mine does start without battery when plugged to PC, I get the long red light as if it were to boot up, and then either the red flashing light sequence or BlackBerry logo!

Yes I'm downloading 10.2.2 as suggested
    04-27-15 03:15 PM
    I suspect it will just show the battery symbol with a slash through it. I'll check after I get home.
    04-27-15 03:16 PM
    When plugged into the PlayBook charger, without a battery in place, first I get a red light on for 15 seconds or so, then the BlackBerry white script and logo and finally a red battery symbol with a slash through it.

This is on 10.3.1.XXXX

Plugging into PC to follow

EDIT*** Same results ('ish) with data cable on a PC.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 04-27-15 at 07:04 PM.
    04-27-15 05:06 PM
    Your cmos is dead. Your phone is fried. Common Z10 end of life situation

When's 10.4 coming?
    04-28-15 04:41 AM
    When plugged into the PlayBook charger, without a battery in place, first I get a red light on for 15 seconds or so, then the BlackBerry white script and logo and finally a red battery symbol with a slash through it.

This is on 10.3.1.XXXX

Posted via CB10
    Ok thanks Rustybronco, mine just keeps blinking, with and without battery....
    04-28-15 04:42 AM

This is on 10.3.1.XXXX

Posted via CB10
    Ok thanks Rustybronco, mine just keeps blinking, with and without battery....
    04-28-15 04:43 AM
    Sooo... after 48 hours of unsuccesful tries of reviving the device by flashing/reloading the OS, I came to the conclusion that it's hardware damage -I actually knew that the first day but I wasjust hiopping that maybe It could be fixed with the software- and I've looking at the red blinking light, the bliking sequence (101111) is a "morse" code that means the flash memory is not working and needs replacement.
    The red square shown in the picture below is the device flash memory, it's a Samsung NAND KLMAG2GE4A-A001 16 GB
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-tqfjiwudmow3shpt.jpg

I found one in Aliexpress for around 20� and planning on giving it a try, but before that I wanted to as if you guys reckon it would be easy to replace? I can't tell if it's glued or solded or scrwed -as in with screws - to the motheboard (??)
    the z10 is apparently easy to disassamble, and I've already opened my previous blackberries many times to fix things...

so what do you guys reckon?
    04-28-15 05:58 AM
    Most of the components are soldered onto the mainboard.
    If you have the proper equipment , then it's no problem.
    Otherwise getting another device would be the easier choice !

I would suggest you open up your device and get a feel for the components.
    ( Those things are really tiny ! )
    04-28-15 06:41 AM
    I reckon you don't have the proper equipment to replace it. There are companies who have to equipment to replace a BGA component- plus there's no guarantee something else didn't get taken out in the process or if that's even what's the matter with it.

Time to walk away I suspect.

http://pdf.datasheetarchive.com/inde...SW00343923.pdf
    04-28-15 06:51 AM
    ok thanks!
    Mine does start without battery when plugged to PC, I get the long red light as if it were to boot up, and then either the red flashing light sequence or BlackBerry logo!

Yes I'm downloading 10.2.2 as suggested
    If you're seeing that then that indicates that the bootloader is intact. That's all that's needed for the phone to install the correct drivers, then connect, then wipe or reload. I wouldn't give up on it yet if I were you. I wouldn't bother with 10.2.2 either. Your issue seems to be coming from your PC's side. Either try another PC and repeat the steps I posted before or uninstall link, blend all other blackberry software, go into device manager, uninstall all blackberry drivers, restart PC then try again. Observe the Installing device status and see if it's successful. When you turn off your phone while it's plugged in you should hear the USB chime and then it should begin to install a driver called "Blackberry Smartphone" this won't install successfully if the phone is shutting down because it will be off before it's completed. If the phone is turned on while plugged in it would have time to install and that is the one driver you need to have installed for the SIC Wipe or autoloader to connect to the phone. It only installs during bootup. If it doesn't get installed and fails, you might have to try another port or remove the device that wasn't recognized in device manager before it will allow you to install it. So try a new PC or port after you clean up and reinstall everything and listen for the USB notification, then observe the driver installation status. If that driver doesn't install successfully it would never work. Take some pics and report back.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:13 AM
    Will do!
    Thanks I'll follow what you said and report back
    05-07-15 08:06 AM
    If you're seeing that then that indicates that the bootloader is intact. That's all that's needed for the phone to install the correct drivers, then connect|...]
    So...I did what you suggested, and here what happens.
    When I plug the device to the computer, and:
    1. BlackBerry logo comes in after the red light, there's the sound of a plugged device and shortly after a sound of unplugging. Neither BBLink nor BB Device Manager can see the phone
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-bblink-device-manager-bb-logo-.jpg

2. The screen is black and the light is flashing, both BBLink and Device Manager show the device as connected
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-bblink-device-manager-blinking-light.jpg

I uninstalled the whole blackberry software suite and drivers and restarted the computer, plugged the phone to the PC and windows failed to install drivers. I installed blackberry software suite and the drivers and windows device manager now recognizes the phone
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-device-manager-after-reinstall.png

When I try to reload the software through BBLink, it recognizes the device but doesn't seem to be doing anything, and when I try to shut it down it says that it's loading software and it can stay like this for a whole night and nothing happens (I tried)
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-bblink-device-manager-bb-logo-recharging-device.pngMy Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-installation-progress.jpg

SIC Wipe gets stuck after asking for password, and if I put quickly it starts loading RAM image and a while after it says connection lost
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-sic-wipe-lost-connection.png
    the same thing happens with autoloader.

I changed USB cable and USB port and still stuck, I can't use a different PC right because I don't have one, and my friend is out of town till monday.
    Last edited by zefreaky; 05-07-15 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo
    05-07-15 02:24 PM
    I uninstalled the whole blackberry software suite and drivers and restarted the computer, plugged the phone to the PC and windows failed to install drivers. I installed blackberry software suite and the drivers and windows device manager now recognizes the phone
    Great detail man. You're getting warm. You see that part, right there where windows failed to install drivers. That's what's messing you up. I hope you're doing all of this with the battery out. When you see that driver fail to install, you should just try holding down the power to power off the phone then press power again for it to power up? If the computer or Internet connection is too slow the driver installation might be timing out or not completing before the next reboot cycle. In that case you could try turning off the phone with the battery inside, plugging it in, then pressing the power button to turn it on while the battery is inserted. I'm only suggesting you put the battery in at this time in order to give the computer enough time to search, download and install the driver from Windows Update while it attempts to load up the OS. It may or may not work but you can try. I think you would get better success using a different computer but you can still keep trying. Good Internet connection is essential since the Window of time for the driver to install is slim. Once installed it should work.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 03:54 PM
    Great detail man. You're getting warm. You see that part, right there where windows failed to install drivers. That's what's messing you up. I hope you're doing all of this with the battery out. When you see that driver fail to install, you should just try holding down the power to power off the phone then press power again for it to power up? If the computer or Internet connection is too slow the driver installation might be timing out or not completing before the next reboot cycle. In that case you could try turning off the phone with the battery inside, plugging it in, then pressing the power button to turn it on while the battery is inserted. I'm only suggesting you put the battery in at this time in order to give the computer enough time to search, download and install the driver from Windows Update while it attempts to load up the OS. It may or may not work but you can try. I think you would get better success using a different computer but you can still keep trying. Good Internet connection is essential since the Window of time for the driver to install is slim. Once installed it should work.

Posted via CB10
    Yep! all the things I tried are with battery out!
    and internet connection is sloooooow!
    05-07-15 04:27 PM
    Yep! all the things I tried are with battery out!
    and internet connection is sloooooow!
    Ahhhh, you see, we're making progress. You need to sort that out first. By the way, did you download and install the latest BlackBerry Link that includes BlackBerry Blend?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:39 PM
    Ahhhh, you see, we're making progress. You need to sort that out first. By the way, did you download and install the latest BlackBerry Link that includes BlackBerry Blend?

Posted via CB10
    Yes latest BB software!
    I think I'll try a different PC, I'll have to wait a bit till my frind comes back -_-'
    05-07-15 05:50 PM
    Mine died today, and it is at a store currently trying to figure out how to fix it. I feel your pain . I have a Z30 coming tomorrow that Verizon rush-ordered for me.
    05-08-15 07:27 PM
    Mine died today, and it is at a store currently trying to figure out how to fix it. I feel your pain . I have a Z30 coming tomorrow that Verizon rush-ordered for me.
    Sorry to hear that!
    well at least you're having a replacement device, I bought mine over eBay (because we got the Z10 really late here in Spain and only in black!!) and it's out of warranty.
    05-09-15 06:20 AM
    Good Internet connection is essential since the Window of time for the driver to install is slim.
    I found out that when Windows is trying to instal the drivers for the device, and takes a long time doing so, if I press and hold the power up button till the device restarts it gives it a boost and it successfully intall the drivers.

And another thing I figured out this last 2 days, is that there might be a problem when trying to access bootrom, let me explain:
    Normally if I put the battery on o plug the device to PC via USB without any bb software running, i get the long red light -the one that lasts around 10 seconds give or take- before the red flashing sequence or BlackBerry logo (I don't know why sometimes it's one and sometimes it's the other).
    Now if I open SIC wipe or an autoloader and plug the device in, after 2 or 3 seconds they ask for the device password and at that moment the long red light stops immediatly and shortly after the blinking sequence starts. The same thing happpens when i try to reload the software through BBlink or BlackBerry website, the only difference is that BBlink keeps showing the device as connected.

and I don't know if I mentionned this before, but the z10 can not be turned off! i mean if I have the battery on, it starts and then I get the red blinking lights and pressing and holding the power button only restarts the device it donesn't shut it, the same happens when plugged via USB. So basically i can't turn off the device.
    cog921 likes this.
    05-09-15 06:36 AM
    I found out that when Windows is trying to instal the drivers for the device, and takes a long time doing so, if I press and hold the power up button till the device restarts it gives it a boost and it successfully intall the drivers.

And another thing I figured out this last 2 days, is that there might be a problem when trying to access bootrom, let me explain:
    Normally if I put the battery on o plug the device to PC via USB without any bb software running, i get the long red light -the one that lasts around 10 seconds give or take- before the red flashing sequence or BlackBerry logo (I don't know why sometimes it's one and sometimes it's the other).
    Now if I open SIC wipe or an autoloader and plug the device in, after 2 or 3 seconds they ask for the device password and at that moment the long red light stops immediatly and shortly after the blinking sequence starts. The same thing happpens when i try to reload the software through BBlink or BlackBerry website, the only difference is that BBlink keeps showing the device as connected.

and I don't know if I mentionned this before, but the z10 can not be turned off! i mean if I have the battery on, it starts and then I get the red blinking lights and pressing and holding the power button only restarts the device it donesn't shut it, the same happens when plugged via USB. So basically i can't turn off the device.
    Okay well when you try it out on your friend's PC hopefully you should know for sure. To me once you see the white BlackBerry logo and it's asking you for the password and also detecting and trying to install the driver, I think it's safe to say it's accessing the bootrom. That's the tiny piece of code that's stored separately from the OS that contains the BIOS and boots the OS. Forget about doing it with the battery in as your main OS is clearly screwed/fried/corrupted so no sense attempting to load that - which is what's gonna happen if the battery is in.

Posted via CB10
    zefreaky likes this.
    05-09-15 10:10 AM
    Sorry to hear that!
    well at least you're having a replacement device, I bought mine over eBay (because we got the Z10 really late here in Spain and only in black!!) and it's out of warranty.
    Thanks! The store here cannot fix it. It is a circuit board issue, however there is a store in alabama that has apparently worked magic with Z10s. I will give them a call on Monday and speak to their master tech and ask if he thinks he could fix it, and ship my phone over there. I have probably close to 16gb of stuff on there I can't bear to lose forever. Surprisingly I do not know why my phone decided to go against my wishes and not save photos etc. to my SD Card....

I have my Z30 though and I thought it would be a seamless adjustment but it seems like i have to use a lot of pressure on the glass for gestures compared to the Z10.

Also try tweeting @blackberryhelp if you didn't read the thread I posted. They are aware of these issues and trying to figure out why everyone's is more or less having these issues at the same time.
    05-09-15 03:48 PM
    Also try tweeting @blackberryhelp if you didn't read the thread I posted. They are aware of these issues and trying to figure out why everyone's is more or less having these issues at the same time.
    I did this evening, they haven't answer yet!

I took it to a repair shop near where I live -Marbella, Spain- and the look on the guy's face was priceless when I handed him the phone!! He didn't even know what phone it was, he said he would give it a try but I didn't trust him, I mean how can you repair a device you didn't even know it existed!!??
    And I'm really reconcidering the idea of getting a Passport or even another blackberry after this sudden death.
    05-09-15 05:17 PM
    For me, my biggest decision factor with the Z10 was whether I wanted a phone that was "fun" or "functional". I was transitioning from a BB Curve 8530 that was on it's last legs. I really loved that phone because I didn't have an ipad at the time or any other tablet, and I had turned it into a mini computer. I was on vacation with my family during a summer class, and I actually was able to write many simple essays on docs to go. I did a lot of other cool things with that phone, though it got more difficult to do much of anything once it was at the end of it's life. I didn't want an iphone because i was not a fan of the interface and not being able to see what was open and what wasn't, and i had some issues with other apple products before that (macbook pro, ipod touch...4g? 3g? i can't remember). I just liked the way the hub was organized and the potential that it had to be a great device so that's why I chose it. Just before it died I had actually started figuring out how to work android apps on it, and it was a good balance between the simple things i did on social media and my school life (i'm a healthcare student), and i had figured out ways to cheat and do things to avoid proprietary issues with the other big phones and their share of the mobile universe. To me this interface was really intuitive so I stuck with the Z30.

I believe there are some repair shops in the UK that are good with blackberries. Look into those?
    05-09-15 05:46 PM
    Yeah maybe...
    but for the moment I'll stick with the plan and try another PC, see if ther's any progress.
    Last edited by zefreaky; 05-09-15 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typo
    05-09-15 06:26 PM
    So...BlackBerryHelp replied to my tweet, a useless reply in my opinion 'cause the link they gave me is not for the problem I'm having. see for your selfs.
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-ss-tweet.png
    My Z10 died today [Now fixed!]-ss-tweet2.png

KB35635-BlackBerry 10 smartphone fails to boot and displays LED blink sequence
    05-10-15 09:03 AM
109 1234 ...