I am usually a heavy daily user but yesterday was a light day. I put it in my back pocket as usual and went to the Shawarma place to eat. As I sat down I always check my phone for messages. I thought it was rebooting again as it did every once in a while after putting it in my pocket. I was shocked that it did not turn on as I just left an appointment 30 minutes earlier. I check my phone often. Nothing indicated to me that I would have a major failure.

Posted via CB10
    To me it sounds like the battery is dead. Did you try another ?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 04:00 PM
    I was loving my Z10 and saw many people on here complaining of their phones for one reason or another. I thought I was one of the lucky ones until yesterday.

My Z10 will not turn on except for the red light. It remains solid for a few seconds after pushing the power button. Then it goes out and nothing is seen but the black screen. I have lost everything.

What do I do now. I bought the phone from shopblackberry.ca

Please advise.

I bought a Z30 when they first went on sale in November. It was suppose to be a Christmas present. I will now use it as my main phone as I need something reliable so my data is safe. The Z30 forum rarely has people complaining about miss functions of their phones. In this forum the complaints are never ending.

Posted via CB10
    Did it dieded?
    11-20-14 04:04 PM
    Hello. Does anyone knows what brings/are the risks of red light of death?

Z10. STL100-1. 10.2.1
    11-21-14 02:38 AM
    Hello. Does anyone knows what brings/are the risks of red light of death?

Z10. STL100-1. 10.2.1
    I don't think it is anything in particular. Sometimes electronics just have a part that fails. I would suggest that the phone not be dropped too often, kept relatively dry. Use good chargers.
    11-21-14 11:15 AM
    To me it sounds like the battery is dead. Did you try another ?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I have a total of three batteries. I even have an external battery charger to make sure all three batteries were fully charged. None of the batteries work. The computer does not recognize it.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:16 PM
    Yes, bad charger cable may have shorting wires and cause damage to the USB port. It's not necessary to buy original BB chargers only. A good charger with about 750mA output and good quality cable and USB connector(s) will work just fine. I use mini Lighter-to-USB chargers with 1A output combined with some good quality BB, HTC, Samsung, etc. charge/data cables I have left from different phones. No issues.
    ...But do you think I still have a solution? It's until next Monday i'll be able to check my phone with a technique
    11-21-14 12:50 PM
    his soul may rest in peace. the passport waiting 4 u
    11-21-14 01:10 PM
    1. Don't sit on your phone, Z10 or otherwise.

2. Use fire chest to back up your contents to the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 02:45 PM
    A friend of mine Z10 died about 2 weeks ago. It just stop worked. And to this day it won't turn on.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 05:34 PM
    I don't think it is anything in particular. Sometimes electronics just have a part that fails. I would suggest that the phone not be dropped too often, kept relatively dry. Use good chargers.
    Thank You

Z10. STL100-1. 10.2.1
    11-21-14 07:02 PM
    ...But do you think I still have a solution? It's until next Monday i'll be able to check my phone with a technique
    There is always a solution. Mechanical damage needs USB connector/port replacement. Electrical damage needs motherboard replacement, unfortunately. Good electronics service will point exactly what's the problem.
    11-21-14 10:44 PM
    I just went back to BBY from iOS and bought a Z10 new replacement unopened. It lasted 10 days! Started rebooting and the bluetooth would cut in and out all the time. It never came back on yesterday and now connected my Q10 again.

Ordered the Z30 and awaiting from Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 11:57 AM
    I just went back to BBY from iOS and bought a Z10 new replacement unopened. It lasted 10 days! Started rebooting and the bluetooth would cut in and out all the time. It never came back on yesterday and now connected my Q10 again.

Ordered the Z30 and awaiting from Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    Did you put it in your back pocket or attach it to a bad charger?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:35 PM
    Nope. Used with the Blackberry holster.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 02:10 PM
    Nope. Used with the Blackberry holster.

Posted via CB10
    And the charger?
    11-22-14 03:03 PM
    so i had the same thing happen, mainboard failure, blackberry didnt offer any kind of replacement wither did my carrier, i told them ive seen on support forums that people were getting replacements some upgrades to z30. my carrier told me to talk to blackberry but they dont offer any way to actualy talk to someone. how do i get a hold of anybody?
    11-22-14 03:56 PM
    so i had the same thing happen, mainboard failure, blackberry didnt offer any kind of replacement wither did my carrier, i told them ive seen on support forums that people were getting replacements some upgrades to z30. my carrier told me to talk to blackberry but they dont offer any way to actualy talk to someone. how do i get a hold of anybody?
    Carrier is supposed to forward you to BlackBerry... wow what a facepalm moment for them...

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 12:45 AM
    OEM charger.
    11-23-14 08:51 AM
43 12