Just want to share my pain with you guys...

After owning and loving this little guy from March up until now, this morning it just faded away

I picked it up, replied to some BBM, checked a few emails and then proceeded to BB World to grab todays gift.

It downloaded "Amazing Spider man" and was installing, 30% concluded more or less when the phone just went dark.

From there, it never booted up. Firstly it started blinking red lights, no matter what i did - tried different battery, connect to pc with/without battery, tried plugging to wall charger with/without battery, tried running latest leak autoloader, tried running BB Link... Nothing...

And now, no blinks whatsoever... It's just there, blacked out, not givingany sign of "life"

For a BB addict as myself, this is a sad sad day...

Will try tomorrow to go to local carrier and see if something can be done to repair it... If not, will have to but myself a new one.

Sorry to be bothering, just had to put this out there...

Missing the Z already...
    12-08-13 03:37 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me, I have empathy... Mine was covered under warranty, so I had a new one in 36 hours. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 03:42 PM
    The amazing spiderman webbed your phone. Did you try to plug it into the desktop and see if BlackBerry Link recognizes it? Perhaps you can reload the complete OS over again from Link.

Posted Via Z10 or Q5, depending on my mood
    12-08-13 03:57 PM
    My story, just posted in another thread

Mine died the other day. It suddenly locked up. No response from power button. None from Vol Up/down. Then it did react to Vol u/d but hung after 2+ hours at 98% then another hour 99%. Then stalled and never went on. Vol U/d again. Same issue. Pressed Power button - no effect. So I pulled the battery. That started about 14 more hours of hell. I tried reload the OS using Link and then the Internet. Nothing worked. Over and over. Tried Sachesi. More stalls. Tried loading the self-loading Leak exe. Nope. I tried with and without battery.

Then solid Green led. Then that blinking red sequence. over and over. Called carrier - authorized overnight replacement. Stalled by snow and ice. I tried link once more. Nothing. Then I tried the Leak Load. It worked. I have no idea why. But the red led sequence seems hard to break out of.
    12-08-13 04:02 PM
    There's many fixes in the forums you can try, but if none of them work, and you get a replacement phone, be sure you get a new sim. Don't use the same. Seems people that have multiple phones failing always use the same sim, and something carries over.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-08-13 04:06 PM
    My Z10 is going to 'die' too it seems.... this happened shortly after i installed the amazing spider from the daily giveaway. Played it for a while, used bbm and made a few calls... and then suddenly it started acting weird, Apps weren't responding. Rebooted the phone, but it never started up after that.
    Tried BB link, and the IE method to reload the OS. no use
    12-08-13 04:12 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me, I have empathy... Mine was covered under warranty, so I had a new one in 36 hours. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Got mine from ebay But i heard they are covered by BB warranty for 1 year... Does this still apply to me in these conditions?
    How should I contact BB to see if this is possible?
    12-08-13 04:17 PM
    Sounds like a lack of sufficient memory issue based on the circumstances. I noticed after I began downloading all this free stuff from Blackberry that I began experiencing some lagging and freeze ups. So I quickly got a 32 gig memory card and so far the Zee has been great after I graduated from this 4 gig which was on there. Although there was a noticeable slowdown whilst downloading Spiderman. If I reach the point of needing more memory space then I will save for a Z30 because it will just mean that I will be gaming and watching movies more than I ever did before. This is becoming more of a fun thing ever since the emergence of BB10 I must say. Chen to you I say " keep fertilizing those berries because I'm really loving that juice"

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 04:17 PM
    Sounds like a lack of sufficient memory issue based on the circumstances. I noticed after I began downloading all this free stuff from Blackberry that I began experiencing some lagging and freeze ups. So I quickly got a 32 gig memory card and so far the Zee has been great after I graduated from this 4 gig which was on there. Although there was a noticeable slowdown whilst downloading Spiderman. If I reach the point of needing more memory space then I will save for a Z30 because it will just mean that I will be gaming and watching movies more than I ever did before. This is becoming more of a fun thing ever since the emergence of BB10 I must say. Chen to you I say " keep fertilizing those berries because I'm really loving that juice"

Posted via CB10
    I had a 32gb card inserted... Memory isn't the issue
    12-08-13 04:19 PM
    Got mine from ebay But i heard they are covered by BB warranty for 1 year... Does this still apply to me in these conditions?
    How should I contact BB to see if this is possible?
    It is very hard to get service if you don't have a carrier who are suppose to handle all warranty issues. Generally, BB only offers the warranty to the original purchaser. You can try calling carrier and see. Good luck
    12-08-13 05:43 PM
    I had something similar to the OP and F2 a few weeks ago. I reloaded the os from a leak autoloader and it came right back to life. Very strange.

Had another weird episode yesterday. I got hone from going out to eat Friday night and the battery was down to 15%. Since the PlayBook was closer at the time, I plugged it into the PlayBook charger til it was fully charged. That was around 8:00 pm. Sometimes early Saturday morning, it shut itself off because the battery was fully drained. I've used the PB charger many times and never had this happen. Plugged it into the stock charger for a few hours and it's been fine. I swear these things have minds of their own.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-13 07:49 PM
    I had something similar to the OP and F2 a few weeks ago. I reloaded the os from a leak autoloader and it came right back to life. Very strange.

Had another weird episode yesterday. I got hone from going out to eat Friday night and the battery was down to 15%. Since the PlayBook was closer at the time, I plugged it into the PlayBook charger til it was fully charged. That was around 8:00 pm. Sometimes early Saturday morning, it shut itself off because the battery was fully drained. I've used the PB charger many times and never had this happen. Plugged it into the stock charger for a few hours and it's been fine. I swear these things have minds of their own.
    About the Playbook charger : my Z10, since March, has been charged 90% of the time on it. Its a wicked charger for the 10.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-08-13 08:26 PM
    I also use the Playbook charger almost exclusively for the Z10. The pb gets its juice from the magnetic rapid charger.
    12-08-13 09:12 PM
    It is very hard to get service if you don't have a carrier who are suppose to handle all warranty issues. Generally, BB only offers the warranty to the original purchaser. You can try calling carrier and see. Good luck
    I managed to sent it to Carrier, to see if it's possible to repair or get a new one under BB warranty... Will update this post as soon as I get some info on it.

Thank you all for the replies and for sharing the sadness that is to loose our BB10s...
    12-09-13 08:08 AM
    There's many fixes in the forums you can try, but if none of them work, and you get a replacement phone, be sure you get a new sim. Don't use the same. Seems people that have multiple phones failing always use the same sim, and something carries over.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    Yes, I agree with you on this....i know many other things can contribute but truly feel that this could be the main culprit....i know this is happening to some serious users and abusers that know what they are doing....

The ALMIGHTY POWERFUL Mobile OS STL100-4 10.2.3.045
    12-09-13 08:40 AM