I really love this phone and it has worked great since getting it from Tmobile on the 26th. Last night before bed phone was fine, no issues. Woke up this morning and it was dead; could not turn it on. Took the battery out for 2 minutes and tried to recharge but nothing. I thought maybe the charger was defective, so I tried it on another device and it worked fine. I have no idea what happened. I'm stuck at work now, but will take it to Tmobile later today. Anyone else have this issue? I've read in previous post that folks with 100-3 devices (I have the same model) have had reboot issues but not this.

Thanks for your help.
    04-07-13 11:54 AM
    Can't help but say have TMo give you a new one. Maybe you got a bad phone.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-07-13 11:59 AM
    I really love this phone and it has worked great since getting it from Tmobile on the 26th. Last night before bed phone was fine, no issues. Woke up this morning and it was dead; could not turn it on. Took the battery out for 2 minutes and tried to recharge but nothing. I thought maybe the charger was defective, so I tried it on another device and it worked fine. I have no idea what happened. I'm stuck at work now, but will take it to Tmobile later today. Anyone else have this issue? I've read in previous post that folks with 100-3 devices (I have the same model) have had reboot issues but not this.

Thanks for your help.
    Use BlackBerry Link to reload the OS while the battery is out. Happened to me on my BlackBerry OS7 phone and I believe the same solution can be applied to the BlackBerry OS10 phones.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-07-13 12:11 PM
    Thanks. Will try that!
    menna34 likes this.
    04-07-13 12:27 PM
    I hope your first call was to T-Mobile.....It sounds like your still in the return window..I know for Verizon its 14 days..get it replaced!
    04-07-13 12:40 PM
    This happened on my PlayBook a few times when I let the battery completely drain. It will need to charge for quite a while, maybe ten minutes, and then you should be able to start it up. Might take two attempts before it fully loads up.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 12:51 PM
    So took the phone to a tmobile store and the phone is completely dead. Tried a new battery, which didn't work. I ended up getting a new phone.
    04-07-13 02:48 PM
    Another quality control issue with BlackBerry. A shame.

Glad you got a new phone and hopefully this will be better

Posted via my Zee10
    04-07-13 02:50 PM
    I hope it's not like when the 9900's bricked over night during September and October of 2011.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:55 PM
    Another quality control issue with BlackBerry. A shame.

Glad you got a new phone and hopefully this will be better

Posted via my Zee10
    In any electronic device there are failure rates hence the reason most carriers give you 14 days to handle the situation.

Glad that the OP got a replacement

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-07-13 04:55 PM
    I have had 7 devices that went dead on me in 3 months. I am waiting for my 8th device from tmobile. I do not know what is going on but I have had the same issue after issue with device not powering up. I have tried everything, spoke with BB tech and T mobile tech and their is no solution. I will be upgrading soon and leaving BB alone. I had such high hopes. Disappointed.
    08-12-13 11:27 AM
    I have had 7 devices that went dead on me in 3 months. I am waiting for my 8th device from tmobile. I do not know what is going on but I have had the same issue after issue with device not powering up. I have tried everything, spoke with BB tech and T mobile tech and their is no solution. I will be upgrading soon and leaving BB alone. I had such high hopes. Disappointed.
    Uh, say what? You living next to the Fukushima power plant?
    08-12-13 11:53 AM
    I have same issue. Last night I have charged my BB Z10 with charger whole night. New update 10.2.1... was in process. But now in morning device is dead. No sign of power is available. I hold the power button but nothing happen. Kindly Help........................................
    01-30-14 10:26 PM

Thanks for your help.
    Yeah same thing happened to me. AT&T and BlackBerry got me a new Z10. No issues with this one for past 9months or so.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:38 PM
    Man. The old Motorola StarTAC phones were built to last. They were the best.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:39 PM
    Man. The old Motorola StarTAC phones were built to last. They were the best.

Posted via CB10
    that phone had the led light in the right location. you could have the phone on your belt and you could see notification colors without grabbing the phone. its hard to believe how such nice feature is gone.
    01-30-14 10:52 PM
    I am experiencing the same thing today. My Z10 would not turn on or charge. The battery is charged but cannot turn on the device. I see the resolution is to return it to TMo./carrier. Thank you!
    04-17-14 11:23 AM
    I am experiencing the same thing today. My Z10 would not turn on or charge. The battery is charged but cannot turn on the device. I see the resolution is to return it to TMo./carrier. Thank you!
    Try the RESET

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    04-17-14 12:22 PM
    I am about to receive my 5th BBZ10 in seven months. My carrier is Verizon and the phone was part of one of their plans. So these refurbished Z10's they give out are not reliable. The problem I have is that they will not give me a different model, just keep sending another Z10 every month or so. Calling tech or customer support is useless at either BB or Verizon. They point the finger at each other and tell me it not their problem. Service to the customer does not exist at these companies.
    05-19-14 07:24 PM
    just curious, are those all Z10 STL-100-1?
    05-19-14 07:27 PM
    The latest is STL 100-4.
    05-19-14 07:44 PM
    Hi there, I am having the same issue with my Z10 STL100-3. My carrier is Bell, both Bell and the insurance company have no clue what to do but keep sending me refurbished phones. My Z10 wont find any networks or charge the battery. I have since changed to the Passport but would love to use my Z10 as aback up when travelling. Any and all help is needed.
    02-13-15 05:39 PM
    Z10 connect usb cable to PC and reload leaked OS .battery capacity must has power for restart. good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 04:10 AM
    Mine died too and led flashes red once pauses then flashes red six times pauses and repeats but won't turn on no matter what.have moved on to a new phone and provider but still think the z10 camera is the best quality I've seen
    01-10-16 02:08 AM
    ^^
    Find yourself a Z10 battery that's partially charged and swap it with the one that's in the phone currently.

Posted from my smashed screen Z30
    01-10-16 03:56 PM
28 12