Recently my z10 randomly stopped working and had an endless bootloop. I tried to reload the OS and the process stopped in the middle and now my phone wont come on at all. I get a red blinking light (2 blinks) when i hold to power button to try to turn it on. From what I've researched, my phone has no OS. Is there any way to load one back onto it???!
    09-05-14 09:34 PM
    bump
    09-05-14 09:39 PM
    anyone??
    09-05-14 09:44 PM
    Plug it to your computer, open link and restore your OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 09:46 PM
    computer doesnt recognize my phone when its plugged in, and i'd have to restart my phone to use that method, which i cant do =(
    09-05-14 09:56 PM
    When you plug it in, your computer should say something like can't communicate with your device and they'll be a 'restore device' button click on it. After this hold the power button until the phone gets recognized.

If that doesn't work, try plugging the phone without the battery.

My Z10 was bricked numerous times and it always gets restored. Try it a couple of times it should end up working.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:03 PM
    Got the latest update from AT&T, used my phone a couple of days, it started locking up, rebooted, came up and then froze, turned off, "Blackberry" name came up, never rebooted, turned off, then it would only give two blinking red lights and not come on. Called Blackberry, after 2 hours on the phone trying everything, had to send it back. Just got it back Tuesday and it is working again.
    09-05-14 10:08 PM
    should i be looking for a light to come on when i plug it in??
    09-05-14 10:09 PM
    should i be looking for a light to come on when i plug it in??
    Can't remember. But if you try to turn it on don't you get the red led blinking?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:13 PM
    When you plug it in, your computer should say something like can't communicate with your device and they'll be a 'restore device' button click on it. After this hold the power button until the phone gets recognized.

If that doesn't work, try plugging the phone without the battery.

My Z10 was bricked numerous times and it always gets restored. Try it a couple of times it should end up working.

Posted via CB10
    Try without the battery as suggested. Might work.
    09-05-14 10:20 PM
    when i hold the power button the red light blinks twice and nothing after, nd nothing comes up on link either when i plug it in.

Tried w/o battery, still no luck =\
    09-05-14 10:21 PM
    when i hold the power button the red light blinks twice and nothing after, nd nothing comes up on link either when i plug it in
    When you plug it to link, on the left side of link you should see your phone and it should say disconnected, click on your phone tab, there you should see the restore button,

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:23 PM
    When you plug it to link, on the left side of link you should see your phone and it should say disconnected, click on your phone tab, there you should see the restore button,

Posted via CB10
    Once i hit restore, it asks me to restart my device, then im stuck.... ive removed my device from the list, which i think was the wrong thing to do now -__-
    09-05-14 10:29 PM
    Try without battery definitely.
    09-06-14 07:36 AM
    My z10 had the red light blink issue. I took it back to carrier. They replaced it.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 09:54 AM
    Recently my z10 randomly stopped working and had an endless bootloop. I tried to reload the OS and the process stopped in the middle and now my phone wont come on at all. I get a red blinking light (2 blinks) when i hold to power button to try to turn it on. From what I've researched, my phone has no OS. Is there any way to load one back onto it???!
    [No promises and this is at your own risk, but it's an option for you. ]

I've had a soft brick situation before and I would highly recommend using an autoloader to get your device up and running. If your device will turn off, it's perfect for an autoloader and, assuming the process works, the autoloader will solve your device driver issue, too, so your phone will be detectable and loaded with an OS. The process will wipe your device data, but that's probably already lost at this point.

Here are the basic steps, but you should search the forum about how to load an OS using an autoloader before attempting, plus they have screen shots if you've never done this before.

(1) Download the autoloader of your choice (I recommend the latest 10.3.0.1154 leak, but to each his own). Make sure it's for your model number of BlackBerry, say STL100-3 or whatever your Z10 phone is. Make sure it is a full OS, ie has core OS, radio, and all bar files. OSes on forum usually come in zip files. Create a folder on your computer, move the zip file into the folder, and use the extract function until you can see the autoloader exe file. Do NOT click the exe yet.
    (2) Have your phone turned off and attached to a micro USB cable, but have the side of the USB cable that plugs to the computer detached.
    (3) Run the autoloader by clicking the exe autoloader file. A window on your pc will open and wait, looking for your device.
    (4) Plug the USB cord that has your phone already plugged in into your computer, so that phone (still turned off), cord, and computer are all connected.
    (5) Wait. The computer window will show progress as the OS loads. Your phone's indicator light will turn on then off, whatever. Just keep waiting until your device loads the OS, restarts on its own, and boots up on its own (with standard boot animation) and you are presented with the standard welcome screen to sign in and start setting up your BlackBerry.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    FF22 and LoneStarRed like this.
    09-06-14 02:34 PM
    This just happened to my sister,.. she ran down her Z10's battery last night, then charged it overnight,.. everything seemed fine, but then she found the phone turned off. Tried to restart it and nothing... just red LED. Tried another battery, more charging, holding down top button, but no luck...

A quick Google search brings up so many of these types of threads.

Look at all these very recent comments on this geeksquad.uk help post about it:

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/...ll-not-turn-on

Always a bit embarrassing when BlackBerry fails, since I've always been the one pushing it to my family (but bizarrely, I seem to have much less issues than everyone else).

She's headed to the carrier store now, but surely has lost everything on her device.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:15 PM
    I MIGHT HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!
    This happen to my friend!
    I suggest you download a OS with an autoloader, can be an official or unofficial!
    It'll fix you're problem!
    If you want more info, you can ask me through my channel! C0027B084
    It's a very simple solution... a long process, but it'll work!
    Good luck!

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    09-06-14 03:20 PM
    [No promises and this is at your own risk, but it's an option for you. ]

I've had a soft brick situation before and I would highly recommend using an autoloader to get your device up and running. If your device will turn off, it's perfect for an autoloader and, assuming the process works, the autoloader will solve your device driver issue, too, so your phone will be detectable and loaded with an OS. The process will wipe your device data, but that's probably already lost at this point.

Here are the basic steps, but you should search the forum about how to load an OS using an autoloader before attempting, plus they have screen shots if you've never done this before.

(1) Download the autoloader of your choice (I recommend the latest 10.3.0.1154 leak, but to each his own). Make sure it's for your model number of BlackBerry, say STL100-3 or whatever your Z10 phone is. Make sure it is a full OS, ie has core OS, radio, and all bar files. OSes on forum usually come in zip files. Create a folder on your computer, move the zip file into the folder, and use the extract function until you can see the autoloader exe file. Do NOT click the exe yet.
    (2) Have your phone turned off and attached to a micro USB cable, but have the side of the USB cable that plugs to the computer detached.
    (3) Run the autoloader by clicking the exe autoloader file. A window on your pc will open and wait, looking for your device.
    (4) Plug the USB cord that has your phone already plugged in into your computer, so that phone (still turned off), cord, and computer are all connected.
    (5) Wait. The computer window will show progress as the OS loads. Your phone's indicator light will turn on then off, whatever. Just keep waiting until your device loads the OS, restarts on its own, and boots up on its own (with standard boot animation) and you are presented with the standard welcome screen to sign in and start setting up your BlackBerry.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    This man knows what's his talking about!!! Listen to him!

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    eyesopen1111 and canu900 like this.
    09-06-14 03:21 PM
    Unfortunately with the autoloader "solution", you will still lose all the data in your device. Not acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 03:31 PM
    Thanks guys! Im going to see if an autoloader will recognize my phone, hope it works. anyone have a link to get me there??
    09-07-14 11:02 PM
    Plug it to your computer, open link and restore your OS.

Posted via CB10
    I have a doubt
    By using link can we restore os
    And does it requires Internet to do??
    Please reply

Z10
    09-07-14 11:05 PM
    Yes. It needs internet to download OS or unbrick OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 11:56 AM
    It happened to my z10 too it just keeps on blinking, I turned it off and wait for couple of minutes and it works again, thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 05:56 PM
    Double post.
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 09-08-14 at 09:35 PM.
    09-08-14 09:01 PM
28 12