When I first got my Z10 4 days ago, i was so excited that I immediately pm'd my new pin to my friends saying "I'm back on BBM guys"

Since then I've had so many re-invites on the Hub that are pretty useless since I can't even get BBM to work...not once since the day I got it.
    I keep getting the "temporary server error" that's starting to really get on to my nerves. I've tried every suggestion for a solution I can find online
    but still no luck. I know I'm not the only one having problems with this but at least the others have had it working at one point and/or was able to get
    it back working...I on the other hand have a state of the art blackberry with no bbm

What do you reckon guys, shall i just wait for it to magically start working or is there anything else that's proven to work? This is starting to
    get embarrassing and I'm very frustrated. I don't know what to do...
    Last edited by TitoAdam; 03-04-13 at 08:02 AM.
    03-04-13 07:39 AM
    First of all have you spoken to your network/carrier??. If anything they should know why you arent being able to use BBM.
    03-04-13 07:41 AM
    I'm actually in Australia where the Z10 has not yet been released. I've already called my provider but they can't offer me anything other than a 100% guarantee
    my BIS service is a-ok. I'm just trying to troubleshoot based on what other Z10 owners are doing to resolve this BBM issue...unfortunately, I've found no fix to get
    mine working
    03-04-13 07:52 AM
    Stupid question, but have you set up your BlackBerry ID in your Settings?
    03-04-13 07:55 AM
    Your carrier 100% guarantees that your BIS service is a-ok.
    That's likely your problem. The Z10 doesn't use BIS. Get it disabled and troubleshoot from there.
    03-04-13 07:59 AM
    yes, i've been using the same one i've always used in my last 4 devices because i've got all my app world purchases under that id

Stupid question, but have you set up your BlackBerry ID in your Settings?
    03-04-13 08:04 AM
    That's likely your problem. The Z10 doesn't use BIS. Get it disabled and troubleshoot from there.
    It won't make a difference if his plan still has BIS on it. My plan was the same one for the first two weeks of owning until my change took place. As soon as I put in my BBID, my BBM contacts were fully transfered over.
    03-04-13 08:08 AM
    i just noticed the BBM score/reviews on Blackberry World on my z10 are filled with angry Z10 owners...could be because of the same issue. Anyway this is probably the most I can do to try to
    search for a workaround...hopefully the guys who've experienced the same could chime in.
    03-04-13 08:22 AM
    Have you tried calling BlackBerry Tech Support?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 08:32 AM
    no i haven't actually...all the posts about spending more than an hour with tech support without a solution is disheartening and could eventually lead to more frustration
    on my part but it might be worth a try except the z10 isn't supported here in AU

Have you tried calling BlackBerry Tech Support?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 09:04 AM
    OP id recommend calling BB tech support, it may take some patience and time, but ive found them extremely helpful in dealing with other issues with past devices.
    Unless you have a defective device, there will be a solution.
    If everything else on your Z10 works then i doubt there is defect.

Posted using BlackBerry 10
    03-04-13 09:48 AM
    Just an update guys, day 5 with the z10, I tried it first thing 7am while plugged to the charger overnight and it worked! finally!!! didn't have to do anything special
    03-04-13 03:03 PM
    ...only 8 of my contacts appeared but it loads up now...hopefully they'll get to address this on the next update. Thanks for all who sent suggestions
    03-04-13 03:29 PM