I agree with you. This is a very large agency with multiple sub agencies. Some of the sub agencies have made announcements of switching back to BlackBerry. My particular agency has not. But my coworkers with their fancy personal IPHONES, are very excited after they have played around with my Z10 to get their, very Apple hands on the government issued Z10. Unfortunately, it will be very dumbed down for security purposes.

Posted via CB10
    Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-10-13 08:39 PM
    Hopefully it's US Customs and Immigration you work for!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:39 PM
    After the Department of Defense approval and FIPS certification along with the German government making a large order. Let's hope it's a domino effect. I'd like to see the Canadian and UK governments make large orders soon once tested thoroughly.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-10-13 08:40 PM
    Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    If I told you, I'd have to kill_9...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:42 PM
    Approved by whom?

I'm sorry - how are they handling no RSA for secure authorization? What Gov't agency is not requiring 2 factor authentication?

How are they handling no High Availability Enviroment? Or is your agency and sub agencies so unimportant that secure communication can be down for hours in the case of a server error.
    I guess they don't need any of the Security and Control only found on BES 10.1 - yet to be rolled out.

I'd like to know what agency this is, because someone's A-- needs to be fired.

What Gov't agency is not requiring 2 factor authentication? Hmmm, I can think of 1. It's a huge one too. It's got a budget bigger than the entire Canadian Government budget and I don't think any other arm of the US gov has a budget as big as it does either:

Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones - WSJ.com

Most U.S. Drones Openly Broadcast Secret Video Feeds | Danger Room | Wired.com
    05-10-13 09:06 PM
    nice to hear that blackberry is getting another boost,i wonder if my friend that works in the D.C. F.B.I. office will be getting issued one? he was always getting a new phone like every 6-12 months. last time i saw him he had a droid,never heard of him getting an apple product though.
    05-10-13 11:12 PM
    Funny, because the Pentagon just announced today that they are deploying iOS devices, as is the rest of the U.S. government.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-13 11:40 PM
    Would be great news if Thorstein announced a huge US government order and that Apple devices are not secure enough.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    That would be silly on Heins part. Blackberry isn't in position to take shots at any smartphone makers.

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    05-11-13 12:01 AM
    It's nice to hear that our government is in the process of deploying Z10's though.

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    05-11-13 12:03 AM
    Funny, because the Pentagon just announced today that they are deploying iOS devices, as is the rest of the U.S. government.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    "BlackBerry and the Pentagon have denied a report that the U.S. Department of Defense has dropped BlackBerry 10 devices from its purchase list. However, the BlackBerry used to be the exclusive mobile device at the Pentagon, and defense officials are sticking with plans to include other commercial devices."

Basically, DoD has approved iOS, Sumsung, and BlackBerry for use. For what level of use for each of the devices, who knows for now.

Oh, and here is a breakdown of what MacNN claims is the purchase plan for the iOS devices: 120,000 iPads, 100,000 iPad minis, 200,000 iPod touches and 210,000 iPhones. source: http://www.macnn.com/articles/13/05/...ecure.devices/

I would hate to be the one to draw the short straw and get an iPod Touch.
    Last edited by Young Z; 05-11-13 at 01:38 AM.
    05-11-13 01:07 AM
35 12