I work for a Federal Government Agency. Last year at this time we were using the IPHONE and IPAD on a trial study. Most of my coworkers could not wait to get rid of the old antiquated BBO7 phones and get an IPAD. I was even ridiculed for walking around with my PlayBook. My agency recently deemed the IPHONE and IPAD unfit and are not authorized for use. All Apple products had to be returned. Today, I found out that my agency has a huge shipment of Z10's ready for distribution. No trial period or study. So sleep easy, BlackBerry is here to stay!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 06:30 PM
    I work for a Federal Government Agency. Last year at this time we were using the IPHONE and IPAD on a trial study. Most of my coworkers could not wait to get rid of the old antiquated BBO7 phones and get an IPAD. I was even ridiculed for walking around with my PlayBook. My agency recently deemed the IPHONE and IPAD unfit and are not authorized for use. All Apple products had to be returned. Today, I found out that my agency has a huge shipment of Z10's ready for distribution. No trial period or study. So sleep easy, BlackBerry is here to stay!

Posted via CB10
    It's great to hear that the American government is capable of making at least some sense.
    05-10-13 06:37 PM
    Which countries government do you work for?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-10-13 06:38 PM
    Well, if the guy's based out of Miami -- I guess that means the USA or Cuba!
    potatoguy likes this.
    05-10-13 06:42 PM
    Well, if the guy's based out of Miami -- I guess that means the USA or Cuba!
    Miami IS in Cuba! Lol...

Posted via CB10
    sklotz2000 and R Field like this.
    05-10-13 06:44 PM
    Would be great news if Thorstein announced a huge US government order and that Apple devices are not secure enough.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-10-13 06:50 PM
    Good for BlackBerry, but "No trial period or study" is not something to brag about.

Hopefully it was tested by some central agency, hence why it doesn't need to be tested again.
    05-10-13 07:11 PM
    Would be great news if Thorstein announced a huge US government order and that Apple devices are not secure enough.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    I agree with you. This is a very large agency with multiple sub agencies. Some of the sub agencies have made announcements of switching back to BlackBerry. My particular agency has not. But my coworkers with their fancy personal IPHONES, are very excited after they have played around with my Z10 to get their, very Apple hands on the government issued Z10. Unfortunately, it will be very dumbed down for security purposes.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    05-10-13 07:14 PM
    Good for BlackBerry, but "No trial period or study" is not something to brag about.

Hopefully it was tested by some central agency, hence why it doesn't need to be test again.
    I am bragging, because it has already been tested and approved. We used the Apple products on very limited use because it was not approved for the type of security network that we utilize. BRAG I WILL.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and potatoguy like this.
    05-10-13 07:17 PM
    Effin right doggie!

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    05-10-13 07:18 PM
    I agree with you. This is a very large agency with multiple sub agencies. Some of the sub agencies have made announcements of switching back to BlackBerry. My particular agency has not. But my coworkers with their fancy personal IPHONES, are very excited after they have played around with my Z10 to get their, very Apple hands on the government issued Z10. Unfortunately, it will be very dumbed down for security purposes.

Posted via CB10
    So they won't be taking advantage of BlackBerry Balance?

I guess all the phones are on BES?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can't say what we are utilizing at this time. US Gov't loves the barebones look to keep costs down. No Wifi or other useful trinkets until very recently. So, will see what we will have available when I sign for mine.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    And yes , current OS7 is BES.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:29 PM
    What ******** person said Miami was in Cuba when it's in florid state

Posted on CB10 via ZEDTRO10
    05-10-13 07:37 PM

Enlighten yourself.
    05-10-13 07:39 PM

It's a joke. There are so many Cubans in Florida that it can sometimes feel like it's Cuba. He was trying to be funny.

Posted via CB10
    jerryeight and R Field like this.
    05-10-13 07:42 PM

You're funny...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:46 PM
    Great news for Blackberry!
    05-10-13 07:46 PM
    Anybody knows Miami is in Florida. And Cuba's population lives there.
    05-10-13 07:56 PM
    Miami IS in Cuba! Lol...

Posted via CB10
    Northern tip to be exact!
    05-10-13 08:07 PM
    Northern tip to be exact!
    That's what she said!!
    05-10-13 08:18 PM
    Approved by whom?

I'm sorry - how are they handling no RSA for secure authorization? What Gov't agency is not requiring 2 factor authentication?

How are they handling no High Availability Enviroment? Or is your agency and sub agencies so unimportant that secure communication can be down for hours in the case of a server error.
    I guess they don't need any of the Security and Control only found on BES 10.1 - yet to be rolled out.

I'd like to know what agency this is, because someone's A-- needs to be fired.
    05-10-13 08:19 PM
    Approved by whom?

I'm sorry - how are they handling no RSA for secure authorization? What Gov't agency is not requiring 2 factor authentication?

How are they handling no High Availability Enviroment? Or is your agency and sub agencies so unimportant that secure communication can be down for hours in the case of a server error.
    I guess they don't need any of the Security and Control only found on BES 10.1 - yet to be rolled out.

I'd like to know what agency this is, because someone's A-- needs to be fired.
    The Z10's have been acquired by my agency and have yet to be issued. All of your points are valid, hence the reason why their still with IT.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:24 PM
    Thats sweet to see that our american brothers are starting to switch back to BB!!
    05-10-13 08:30 PM
    And yes , current OS7 is BES.

Posted via CB10
    I think we will see more and more of this happening. BlackBerry had been trusted for years and changing plateforms requires huge investments, something that most governments don't have now.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:35 PM
35 12