As a random note, without any justifications or studies, I am trying to explain why Z10 is doing great outside of US, but not in US in general. There are numberous reasons for that:

- In US, the carriers are powerful and greedy. Whoever makes them rich in a fastest way, could buy the honeymoon, for a few days. When I visited the stores in a my city, all I found is dummy Z10, together with bunch of losers, who have been dumped long time ago by the stores. I felt humiliated even asking for questions, or even trying to touch them. It is not really the product itself. Never.

- In US, people has no respect for anything. Everybody goes with anything that is either cheapest, or coolest. Free phone (with a contract) is cool. Latest Iphone (with crazy price tag) that my friends use is cool. Blackberry is a history. Everybody said so. Wait, they have a new one? I don't care. Since it is not free, and I did not see anybody uses it.

- In US, economic scale matters. For 300 million people, you just need a McDonald's, a Starbucks. No matter how hard someone might try to challenge that, Big Mac always sells like a hell. The most important reason is that they are there, they are everywhere.

So why Blackberry in US? Don't fight the war that you can not win. But, also, don't let go a good product, as because it seems to be a loser in US. As a consumer, you deserve better.

Besides those stores, who got a saying in US? ITs in big companies. ITs are not going to jump into Blackberry on day one, just because they know it is a good product. They need to apply for budget for a server. It takes months. Then, they need to roll out trainings. Give them 6 months, maybe a year. When Q11 is in the market for 6 months, when Z12 is around the corner, you might see more Z10 sales in US. Blackberry will do just fine. It is just the way it is.
    Rossco_P and dale-c like this.
    04-21-13 07:44 PM
    This should probably be in the general discussion section instead. I'm not offering any opinions or thoughts as I think this will turn into another troll thread.

My two cents about Blackberry in US-2012-08-02-trollmeme.png

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:04 PM
    Your thinking in the now not the future, and you forget that the US has an attention span of about two weeks.

If it weren't true Lindsey lohan wouldn't still be doing films.
    04-21-13 08:13 PM
    1) Do not assume to talk about people in the US if you don't live there.

2) Do not attempt to insult people in the US or insinuate anything about them.
    04-21-13 08:16 PM
    Did not read the whole OP post but replying to the topic.

Who says Z10 is not doing great in the US? I didn't know BlackBerry released any sales numbers yet and define 'great'. BlackBerry doesn't need to dominate the US, a nice solid eventual 10% US market share means $$$ for BlackBerry. Z10 doesn't have to do great, its just the first step in a slow but sure comeback.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    04-21-13 08:23 PM
    Is this fight club rules ? Chill dude your some defensive guy

1) if we were speaking of the world market not accepting a brand then I would had phrased my comment as " the world has an attention span of two Weeks" . With the right marketing any brand can make a comeback. There is no "Late to the Party". It's better late then never

2) Yes in fact I spend a lot of my year in both Ohio and San Diego. I also have immediate family in Penn State and my brother in law is an American living north of the border now so I have a bit of credit.
    04-21-13 08:30 PM
    Is this fight club rules ? Chill dude your some defensive guy

1) if we were speaking of the world market not accepting a brand then I would had phrased my comment as " the world has an attention span of two Weeks" . With the right marketing any brand can make a comeback. There is no "Late to the Party". It's better late then never

2) Yes in fact I spend a lot of my year in both Ohio and San Diego. I also have immediate family in Penn State and my brother in law is an American living north of the border now so I have a bit of credit.
    If BlackBerry can prove they finally have a good product it will sell. Alot of people forget that carriers in the united states use a contract based system. That fact doesn't help immediate numbers. Also, most US citizens in the smartphone market already have one and are somewhat bought into an ecosystem. As they say, if it's not broke, why fix it.
    04-21-13 09:07 PM