Never had any issue over here, I side load and install leaks.
    08-20-13 09:01 AM
    Amazing the bad luck people have. I have had a Storm2, 9930 and now the Z10. No issues with any of them.

As with any electronics, how we use them really can 'damage' them. Unfortunately, we the users can be our own worst enemy. I once washed my ENV2 phone that was still in my pants pocket. Surprisingly after letting it sit and dry out, it worked. Storm2 took a nasty fall on the pavement (slipped out of my hand) and cracked the screen nice. Little scotch tape and other then looking like h3ll it worked fine. Other side...the family Wii's cd drive, just up and died after about 3 years (cant remember the exact time it was released), and we didn't play it that much to drive it into the ground. Hardware fails (I see enough tech with my job), but it doesn't fail that much. Always try for the new replacement if you can, refrebs are a pandora's box.
    08-20-13 10:25 AM
    Thread under review
    08-20-13 11:30 AM
    Ok, I've cleaned up a number of posts that had no business here. Reading through, there are members who have had a run of bad luck with their devices. I know a number of them. Those that worked with the OP and gave solid suggestions, kudos, that is CrackBerry spirit. Those engaging in mudslinging, reexamine your posting habits, keep to the topic, and be respectful.
    pkcable and reeneebob like this.
    08-20-13 02:32 PM
    I've used my PlayBook charger many times

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    08-20-13 11:10 PM
    I've used my PlayBook charger many times

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    I had two brick while on that, maybe something was wrong with my playbook charger. I tossed it so there was no chance of my phone being plugged into it.
    08-21-13 11:37 AM
    I was about to create a new thread before I ready yours. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I am on my second (actually 3rd) Z10 and I think I have another bricked device. PLEASE, someone offer assistance since I am a power user and heavily rely on my phone and cannot afford to be without it.

So here goes my story. My last ST100-4 Verizon Z10 was great since launch day (other than daily random reboots!) until I upgraded the Verizon 10.1 OS update (no leak). I'm not sure if it was related, but the battery life was reduced to less than half for about a week until one morning I woke up, unplugged from charger, swiped into my hub and the device froze, shut down and was completely dead to the world. No flashing red, nothing. I tried battery pulls, PC connection and nothing worked. Luckily Verizon replaced the unit for free on warranty.

Onto my current Z10. After about two or three weeks of going through three batteries a day, the battery life suddenly drastically improved to lasting entire working days (and no more random reboots!). Amazing! I've spent the past two weeks in love with my phone. Until temptation got the best of me. I've wanted to install the 10.2.0.1047 leak since it was released, but really wanted to make sure they were risk free and secure before diving in. After sitting on the sidelines for weeks, I finally took the plunge this morning. I spent the day loving every bit of 10.2. The autoloader leak went smooth and I restored my info with no problems. It must be me and the OP's luck. After less than a day I now have a completely bricked phone. After normal use for the day, it suddenly froze and restarted. After the restart, the Hub was acting up so I went for a battery pull (old habits!). After that it wouldn't restart and started with the 1-4 flashing red light and now NOTHING. DEAD!

FWIW I am a die hard BlackBerry fan / supporter / shareholder. I am afraid Verizon is going to look into a second returned phone and this time, I know it may be directly related to the leaked OS. I am not a techie but I read this site religiously and follow the CrackBerry herd. I find it hard to believe it is user error since my wife has had a Z10 since day 1. We share the same OEM setup (64GB SD Card, Few Sideloads, Chargers, Batteries) yet her phone is going strong. I realize I am the common denominator here, but I share the OP's frustration. It seems I'm doing exactly like everyone else on this site including my wife yet I am now facing my second brick.

I'd appreciate any input from fellow members / mods. Wish me luck on Z10 #3.
    08-27-13 09:43 PM
    Completely dead! What the he'll is going on? My third replacement! Somebody has to know something about what's going on. Can't say I'm just having bad luck.
    To resolve your situation I'll buy a z10 for you, and then consider it mine so nothing will happen to it

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 09:52 PM
    Honestly, I don't think it is an OS issue. I believe it could be an issue with the USB port. Looking back all three of my Z10's bricked shortly, pretty immediately actually, after I pulled out the cord. Thoughts people? Sure wish BlackBerry would chime in.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 05:00 PM
    Tell them you want a new charger and battery also.
    08-28-13 05:02 PM
    Honestly, I don't think it is an OS issue. I believe it could be an issue with the USB port. Looking back all three of my Z10's bricked shortly, pretty immediately actually, after I pulled out the cord. Thoughts people? Sure wish BlackBerry would chime in.

Posted via CB10
    My first bricked Z10 (no leaked OS) bricked about two minutes after removing from the factory charger overnight. It was about three months old and used the same charger every night. It happened four days after the Verizon 10.1 update. The phone was running pretty hot (105 degrees F) very frequently and getting only 4-8 hours per battery charge during the four days after the update.

My second bricked Z10 bricked about 10 hours after I installed leaked OS 10.2.0.1047 and Unlocked Android Runtime. The battery life was about 50% 4 hours after removing from the charger (a different factory wall charger in my office).

I'd say my first brick very well could have been the charger (or the Verizon 10.1 update). The second brick seems to have most likely been the 10.2 leak or Unlocked Runtime.

Thoughts, anyone???
    08-30-13 08:19 AM
    Was it a clean install or did you restore from back - up?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 08:22 AM
    Try to install a developer release OS which is from 10.0 to 10.1, then wait for the full OS coming from your carrier and see if it is still bricked.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 08:26 AM
    FWIW, I have noticed a "substantial" number of users complaining of waking up in the morning to a dead Z10 that has sat on the charger all night. This really does seem to be some sort of problem sub-set. I stopped doing it on the first week of US Z10 release (of course it had been out else where for a while) when these complaints started cropping up. Just an observation.
    08-30-13 08:28 AM
    I had two brick while on that, maybe something was wrong with my playbook charger. I tossed it so there was no chance of my phone being plugged into it.
    I only use the playbook charger to charge my phone. Never had an issue?
    08-30-13 08:44 AM
    I only use the playbook charger to charge my phone. Never had an issue?
    Have you tried the one he threw away?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 10:19 AM
    Have you tried the one he threw away?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I bought it on ebay. The seller did have a poor rating.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:17 PM
92 ... 234