Completely dead! What the he'll is going on? My third replacement! Somebody has to know something about what's going on. Can't say I'm just having bad luck.
    08-18-13 04:00 PM
    • What have you been doing with the phone?
    • Have you been installing any non-carrier sanctioned OS builds?
    • Standard BlackBerry charger or 3rd party charger?
    • Are you using a micro SD card?
    vivekbosco likes this.
    08-18-13 04:02 PM
    Need more info. So far it seems like operator error lol

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    08-18-13 04:04 PM
    Completely dead! What the he'll is going on? My third replacement! Somebody has to know something about what's going on. Can't say I'm just having bad luck.
    I think that someboday would be you no?
    08-18-13 04:09 PM
    No unsanctioned os. AT&T 10.1 was the last. I do however side load. BlackBerry told me that until I upgraded to 10.1 my phone could end up in a permanent sleep. Apparently that was not the case.
    08-18-13 04:12 PM
    I suppose. So I'm the only person out of the handful of Z10 owners this has happened to?
    08-18-13 04:20 PM
    Right when you get the phone, try performing a security wipe to reset everything. Then start normal use
    08-18-13 04:24 PM
    Right when you get the phone, try performing a security wipe to reset everything. Then start normal use
    How do I perform a security wipe with a brick?
    08-18-13 04:29 PM
    You can't, I'm just saying next time you get a phone.

Is it a brick or a soft brick? Did you try running an autoloader to get a new OS on the device?
    08-18-13 04:34 PM
    I'm Pretty sure it's something on your end.
    A bit more detail on your lifestyle and use would help.

Unless you are purchasing your Zed from homeless people, then it's most likely your fault (I'd still be your fault from buying tech from the homeless).

I just can picture someone getting 3 faulty units from a reputable source.

Also, those could just be softbricks and you've wasted 2 phones.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    08-18-13 04:41 PM

Unless you are purchasing your Zed from homeless people, then it's most likely your fault (I'd still be your fault from buying tech from the homeless).

Exactly. Just trying to get more info. How and when did the phone brick and what does it still do? (i.e. Does the notification light blink)

Head over to the leaked OS forum, download the autoloader for 10.2 or 10.1 and see what happens(at your own risk of course). Hopefully the phone is still accepting, which would mean it is only soft bricked.
    08-18-13 04:45 PM
    I believe there's ways to fix your phone if it's a soft brick.

Hold down the power button to 1 minute see if it resets itself then try resetting through Link.
    08-18-13 04:45 PM
    I suppose. So I'm the only person out of the handful of Z10 owners this has happened to?
    Apparently, yes. I have used every single leaked OS that has shown up so far (just upgraded to the last 10.2 release), mixed files and radios, entered/messed with the eScreen, sideloaded apps, etc., and have not bricked my phone.

I only got a replacement when my camaraderie stopped working and AT&T decided it was easier to replacement phone instead of trying to fix it (their tech people are more familiar with android and iPhone they said).

Sorry to hear your mishap.
    08-18-13 05:01 PM

I purchased through Best Buy and my replacements have been refurbished units supplied through my Geek Squad plan. The first one bricked after plugging it into my usb port on my car. The second bricked within a minute after I put it on the charger. The phone chirped and when I checked it she was dead. The third I plugged into the charger and removed within a few minutes and the screen went black immediately. Yes, I'm using the factory supplied charger.
    Last edited by KarlS; 08-18-13 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Sp
    08-18-13 05:01 PM
    Exactly. Just trying to get more info. How and when did the phone brick and what does it still do? (i.e. Does the notification light blink)

Head over to the leaked OS forum, download the autoloader for 10.2 or 10.1 and see what happens(at your own risk of course). Hopefully the phone is still accepting, which would mean it is only soft bricked.
    Tried all that. Lead brick.
    08-18-13 05:11 PM
    I purchased through Best Buy and my replacements have been refurbished units supplied through my Geek Squad plan. The first one bricked after plugging it into my usb port on my car. The second bricked within a minute after I put it on the charger. The phone chirped and when I checked it she was dead. The third I plugged into the charger and removed within a few minutes and the screen went black immediately. Yes, I'm using the factory supplied charger.
    I'd be demanding a brand new unit next replacement you get. Could be that the refurb units have been improperly repaired or not at all. You may as well download a 10.2 autoloader and try to run it and see what happens.
    08-18-13 05:13 PM
    I think it's time you had a look at your charger. the cable or the charger could be faulty, you never know.
    auditman and BB10QNX like this.
    08-18-13 05:25 PM
    It's definitely you.

3 bricks. Completely ridiculous or maybe stealth trolling.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    08-18-13 05:37 PM
    The only connection seems to be the charger. When I replaced my Z10 I got a new charger which had the BlackBerry logo on it and all but it was different from my original one

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    08-18-13 05:40 PM
    Who would brick a phone as soon as you plug it into a certain charger, then do it again 2 more times?

Posted Via CB10 - Q10
    08-18-13 05:46 PM
    I got mine replaced a month ago, brand spanking new phone, all dents and cracks magically disappeared. Enjoy your new phone, just check your charger cord..

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 06:25 PM
    I use to think trolls also but now I'm a believer. First z10 bricked on Wednesday replaced Thursday and its now Sunday and I officially have another brick as of 30mins ago. And I'm wondering if its something that I'm doing. Feel your frustration right now.
    08-18-13 07:20 PM
    Thinks there is more to this then is being told.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    southlander and Mic_JP like this.
    08-18-13 07:25 PM
    I'm on my 3rd Z10. I bricked the first two and returned them to AT&T. This one has lasted the longest so far. Here's how I finally solved my problem:

AT&T rep in Orlando, FL (I was on a business trip) decided to be proactive when he pulled up my account and saw that my phone was replaced twice before. He replaced EVERYTHING...the phone, the battery, and the microSIM card. he suspected that something wasn't playing nicely. No clue which caused the problem, but this one hasn't stopped working yet. I'd suggest you try the same.

Keith

Keith Harrison from CB10.
    Donvald likes this.
    08-18-13 07:26 PM
    Tried all that. Lead brick.
    You are not giving enough details.

Use an autoloader to force it to soft brick itself (read up on that) -- then you can recover it using BlackBerry Link.
    08-18-13 07:29 PM
92 123 ...