I never side load any apps to my Z10 and prefer to use the one from app world. Never have any reboot issue. Hope it won't start anytime soon

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:29 AM
    I thought I was the only one experiencing random reboots so I'll take some solace in knowing there are others.
    I'll give removing sideload'ed apps a try but approach differently. I'll remove them one at a time and see if that'll make the random reboots stop.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:09 AM
    UPDATE: since doing what I said in the original post, I have not had any restarts since April 3......11 days....and running smooth....I have reinstalled some apps but I do a backup prior to installing any app and only install one at a time and wait a day or so before adding any more....FYI
    04-14-13 12:01 PM
    And for the person who mentioned the update out of the box when you got your device, my rep in store told me that was an update blackberry sent out after the devices were received by the stores and that they were told to do the update before handing the device over. And that that specific update was not a carrier update.

If you were referring to my previous comment (hard to keep track since I'm following at least 4 threads here on Z10 random rebooting) about the in-store rep skipping a ~22MB update but allowing a ~4MB update:

Are you suggesting that the ~22MB update was some sort of update that would no longer be offered to the end-user if it were initially skipped?
    04-15-13 02:46 AM
    Strangely enough my Z10 restart only during the night!!! I have a feeling that Clock app in night mode has something to do with it. I'll test my theory tonight.
    04-15-13 03:35 AM
    Strangely enough my Z10 restart only during the night!!! I have a feeling that Clock app in night mode has something to do with it. I'll test my theory tonight.

Lots of people get reboots who are not running the clock app, like myself.

However - MOST people have background data transfers (ie via the hub) going on at night time. New emails, new text messages, new notifications, updates to Facebook, Linked-In, instant message apps, etc.

That is my current theory - that it has to do with background data transfers.
    04-15-13 03:51 AM
    I'm convinced that the rebooting is connected to the software and certain apps. I need to troubleshoot soon.

I say this because, I had a white Z10 for about two weeks. I soon realized that I wanted the black. Fortunately, my wife wanted a Z10 in white so I was able to use my upgrade to get another phone. I gave her the white and I use the black.

During my time with the white, I experienced rebooting. Now that I switched to the black, I'm still experiencing rebooting. My wife has not, even though she has the exact phone I had. She's light on the apps.

So I think it is an app causing this to happen.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 06:01 AM
    I've started my troubleshooting.

Here are some particular settings on my phone compared to my wife's.

Traffic Data Collection was on
    Bluetooth was on
    Access using wifi was on
    Music shortcuts was on

I turned these all off for now. It's the start of my morning so this is a good time for testing. I'll report back tonight.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by walt63; 04-15-13 at 09:08 AM.
    04-15-13 06:18 AM
    I'm convinced that the rebooting is connected to the software and certain apps. I need to troubleshoot soon.

I say this because, I had a white Z10 for about two weeks. I soon realized that I wanted the black. Fortunately, my wife wanted a Z10 in white so I was able to use my upgrade to get another phone. I gave her the white and I use the black.

During my time with the white, I experienced rebooting. Now that I switched to the black, I'm still experiencing rebooting. My wife has not, even though she has the exact phone I had. She's light on the apps.

So I think it is an app causing this to happen.

That's a good comparison.

Don't forget to take into account the difference in activity in the following:

Email accounts
    Text messages
    Instant messaging / BBM
    Facebook
    LinkedIn
    Twitter
    Contact records that include periodic updates from social media sites listed above
    04-15-13 08:25 AM
    Out of the listed apps. I have BlackBerry Bridge, XE Currency and Password Keeper
    Never had a reboot.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-15-13 08:54 AM
    Hi all, I suggest we all notice what kind of your SIM put on your Z10. New micro or old normal cut SIM? In my experience with 5 pieces Z10 STL 02 OS10.0.10.690 or 10.0.10.822, 4 of them with cutted SIM reboot itself, only 1 Z10 with the new micro SIM is running perfectly. I hope my tip helpful to you all.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:05 AM
    Honestly I really don't think it's some specific app. There have been many people who suffer from the issue who have posted long lists of all the apps they have installed where I do not have a SINGLE app in common with. Yet I get the restarts too. I think that path is futile at this point.
    04-15-13 09:07 AM
    I've started my troubleshooting.

Here are some particular settings on my phone compared to my wife's.

Traffic Data Collection was on
    Bluetooth was on
    Access using wifi was on
    Music shortcuts was on

I turned these all off for now. It's the start of my morning so this is a good time for testing. I'll report back tonight.

Posted via CB10
    Just wanted to update on my reboot status.

No reboots since updating settings and I haven't plugged my phone in to charge.

I'll update again in another couple hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:21 AM
    Just wanted to update on my reboot status.

No reboots since updating settings and I haven't plugged my phone in to charge.

I'll update again in another couple hours.

Posted via CB10
    Still no reboot.

This is interesting. Up to 6 hrs and no reboot yet.

Again. I kept all my apps loaded. I only turned off the following...

Traffic Data Collection
    Bluetooth
    Access using wifi
    Music shortcuts

I'm also having my wife monitor her device closely. Still no reboot for her. She's 4 days in so far.

Again, I'll keep you posted.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:21 PM
    Still no reboot.

This is interesting. Up to 6 hrs and no reboot yet.

Again. I kept all my apps loaded. I only turned off the following...

Traffic Data Collection
    Bluetooth
    Access using wifi
    Music shortcuts

I'm also having my wife monitor her device closely. Still no reboot for her. She's 4 days in so far.

Again, I'll keep you posted.

Posted via CB10
    Still no reboot. I think the rebooting has something to do with BBRY Link or the Traffic Data Collection.

If you are still experiencing rebooting, join me in the test and turn off Traffic Data Collection and Access using WiFi. Report back here if you find that this solution helps.
    04-15-13 06:19 PM
    Update...

I finally got a reboot. But it happened by app activity not during idle time.

While at the gym this morning, I was using the Runtastic Virtual Gym app. When I selected the time of workout to do, the phone crashed and rebooted. Not sure what that says but I've deleted the app.

Because of that, I'm going to navigate and use my installed Android ported apps and try to replicate the reboot.

Oh yeah. Note that I am on VZW without the latest update so that MAY have contributed to the Android app crashing.

Again...still no reboot on my wife's device. She's 5 days in.

I'll report back in a few hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:32 AM
    A friend of mine had daily reboot issue on his Z10 when he was traveling in Asia.
    He disabled LTE and used only 3g. No reboots after that.
    04-16-13 12:17 PM
    My phone hasn't rebooted on its own at all since I got it on March 30.
    04-16-13 01:45 PM
    I'm reporting back.

Since my last update here, I haven't notice any rebooting. However, I did check my reboot status and it says that a reboot occurred in the the middle of the night while charging.

Tonight, I'll leave an app open and see if it's not opened when I wake up. That will give me indication that there was a reboot.

I will also run this test with my wife's Z10. Also, she still hasn't notice a reboot.

Today, I'm going to turn back on the settings that I turned off when starting this test. Looking to validate that those settings may or may not have something to do with the rebooting. I'll keep you posted.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:45 AM
    Hmmm, this is a plausible theory as i have a 4 yr old sandisk 2g card in mine, i will buy another brand and see if that makes a difference.
    OR, just remove your card for a day and see if the reboots stop.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-17-13 06:49 AM
    Has anyone that has reboots overnight while charging not charged overnight but it still rebooted?
    04-17-13 06:52 AM
    I disagree with the thread starter's evaluation only because i don't have the apps he mentioned other than star wars angry birds ( which i got after the fact) and the ones that came with the phone... LISTEN UP.... I have found a "workaround" to the random reboots... Here is my observation...

The 1st time it happened the phone was sitting in front of me and i noticed it, The other times, i never noticed but found out through here to check it under the settings>device>hardware... Sure enough, they happened (so it says)...

Anyhow, i wanted to catch it myself and knew that i wouldn't notice it because it would revert to the homescreen,.... Soooo, i figured if i left an active frame open, and it rebooted, it would close the active frame upon rebooting... I left an active frame open (weather) for 2 days and NO REBOOTS... On day 3 i closed it and sure enough i got a reboot listed....

CONCLUSION - it is an OS issue, having an active frame open prevents a random reboot.
    Good post but there's more than one issue because my reboot first started while listening to Nobex which means I had an open active frame

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:55 AM
    Good post but there's more than one issue because my reboot first started while listening to Nobex which means I had an open active frame
    Funny you should say that. I was looking at all these threads looking for common apps to what I run, and noticed Nobex. I uninstalled it Saturday morning and haven't had a reboot since. Too soon to make a positive connection, of course.
    04-17-13 09:16 AM
    Okay. Got a reboot. Still wasn't wasn't during idle time. This time it was browsing on the Internet. CNN specifically.

This is the first reboot after turning on certain settings. For now, I'm going to turn those back off.

I think it's clear that the VZW Os is unstable. There's a lot of variables out there causing the rebooting which makes it difficult to pinpoint it.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 06:14 PM
    I just wonder if BB backups are the issue for some users, this would make sense too.

I never had to restore from bblink yet, but I always manually save my stuff Via My computer Windows and go through the Devices Drives and save my photo folders and music and video and whatever into a folder on my PC, this way its manually saved, been doing this for over 16 yrs on any phones I have owned.

I do this for my playbook as well.
    04-17-13 06:47 PM
95 1234