It was quite a frustrating experience. I went into a Verizon and played with it for around 15 minutes. Non of the sales people came over to me at all. While I knew the basics of how to move around the OS, it was definitely not an easy experience. There is a large learning curve, and it is very necessary to have a sales person give you pointers.
    Just trying to figure out how to zoom stressed me out! (I finally realized you need to be in normal mode to be able to zoom.) I also had a hard time getting out of the browser and I kept trying to hit a physical home button!
    I think if I spend a lot more time with it I would learn to love it, but just playing with it in the store is not enough.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-07-13 04:38 PM
    And that is the exact reason that most of the online review you will read are wrong. They use the device for a very short amount of time, as a secondary device and never really know it, so their reviews are of someone who doesn't understand or is frustrated by the fact that its different. Once you get used to it, the lack of a home button/back button isn't a bad thing, just something that will have you swiping up on all the devices you own that don't have that feature, or on the devices of others if you're one of the people that helps others with their problems.
    04-07-13 04:43 PM
    I'm honestly shocked at people's inability to figure out like 3 gestures (swipe from bottom, from top, and peek). I originally assumed they were just trying to be negative about the phone, but I'm starting to believe that some people genuinely can't figure it out immediately.
    04-07-13 04:46 PM
    I'm honestly shocked at people's inability to figure out like 3 gestures (swipe from bottom, from top, and peek). I originally assumed they were just trying to be negative about the phone, but I'm starting to believe that some people genuinely can't figure it out immediately.
    I also can't believe it when it is so so easy how people can't get to grips with it is beyond me I instantly got to grips with it.

Posted via CB10
    doza2012 likes this.
    04-07-13 04:48 PM
    I bought one three days ago and figured it out in 10 seconds.

Nothing new,

Swipe up or left or down.

On a Samsung galaxy s3 you swipe
    Down from top to view notifications
    Then left and right

Same old

Posted via CB10
    III 4U2NV III likes this.
    04-07-13 04:48 PM
    I think maybe BlackBerry should have made the demo like that found when you first set up the phone. Have the potential customer go through all of that then ask if they would like to exit out and look around the OS without demo mode on. Then after like 5 minutes, time out then switch back to that tutorial for the next customer. Having everything locked down like that was a really bad decision. I had to show someone at the AT&T store how to exit out of the demo since they were frustrated in not being able to navigate around.
    jerryeight, frannip, jegs2 and 2 others like this.
    04-07-13 04:50 PM
    On android i never use swipe or any gesture... just because i don t like... on the z10 you don t have the choice... after 2 week i really love... i use my phone at 95% for call others is for email etc... the only problem after 2 week..
    Have some pain on my thumb... this is the only problem...

Posted via CB10
    bilzomaniac likes this.
    04-07-13 04:56 PM
    ...it was quite a frustrating experience.
    Sounds like you're someone who's not very comfortable with technology and not very intuitive when it comes to hardware. Not everyone can figure these things out immediately. I figured the phone out in about two minutes.

It's bizarre to me that anyone would say this phone has a steep learning curve. Programming in APL has a steep learning curve.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    04-07-13 05:00 PM
    ...it was quite a frustrating experience. I went into a Verizon and played with it for around 15 minutes. Non of the sales people came over to me at all. While I knew the basics of how to move around the OS, it was definitely not an easy experience. There is a large learning curve, and it is very necessary to have a sales person give you pointers.
    Just trying to figure out how to zoom stressed me out! (I finally realized you need to be in normal mode to be able to zoom.) I also had a hard time getting out of the browser and I kept trying to hit a physical home button!
    I think if I spend a lot more time with it I would learn to love it, but just playing with it in the store is not enough.

Came from the 9930...Give it a day and you'll how much better it is and lightyear's faster. And, you can actually use a browser. But it will never replace a keyboard so I will end up with both. They both will complement my needs.
    04-07-13 05:00 PM
    Agreed. Sales people need to learn and help.

It took me a little bit to get used it. But not too long. Then it becomes second nature. I also didn't get to see the tutorial video since it was skipped by the rep, but luckily he knew how to use the phone. He was excited about it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Dave Bourque and Sexy Sadie like this.
    04-07-13 05:05 PM
    Originally Posted by Beheima
    ...it was quite a frustrating experience.
    Sounds like you're someone who's not very comfortable with technology and not very intuitive when it comes to hardware. Not everyone can figure these things out immediately. I figured the phone out in about two minutes.

It's bizarre to me that anyone would say this phone has a steep learning curve. Programming in APL has a steep learning curve.

Silly statement. I'm as comfortable with technology as humanly possible, yet if I didn't go on the net and research the phone before going in the store, I would have zero clue how to get around that phone. That is the issue with the Z10...it's fine if you're a loyal crackberry member, but if you're a run of the mill consumer that walks in to verizon/att to look at phones, I can almost guarantee that the Z10 will be frustratingly set back down in about 10 secs if no sales rep helps out.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Foroplex
    04-07-13 05:08 PM
    I did zero researching, I bought it and had fun at home playing with it. Now I'm bored and wish it was more complicated.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:13 PM
    It's really not that hard its a couple of swipes but I bet they can figured out an android. I think people just want to have negative stuff to say because everyone is they need to fit in I guess smh

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088, mzceetee and spyeagle like this.
    04-07-13 05:16 PM
    That is the issue with the Z10...it's fine if you're a loyal crackberry member, but if you're a run of the mill consumer that walks in to verizon/att to look at phones, I can almost guarantee that the Z10 will be frustratingly set back down in about 10 secs if no sales rep helps out.
    I know you want this to be true, but unfortunately it's already been shown to be totally untrue. I'm a run of the mill consumer and I figured the phone out in two minutes standing in the store with no help, and this is the experience that most people have. A small minority who are oriented differently will have problems. These people are probably very good at other things.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people think that they can map their experiences onto everyone. Same thing happened in the long 30 day email thread.

Bottom line is that there have been about 3 threads since launch which complain that it's too hard to learn the phone. Vast majority say 'I've learned it and I love it'. And this is coming from someone who recognizes that there are issues with the phone.
    Last edited by mset; 04-07-13 at 05:34 PM.
    04-07-13 05:23 PM
    I'm a random customer I used everything and the phone was easy to use. Disable the gestures and it becomes an average phone requiring you to press the power button.

Swipe up swipe left and right.
    Not hard, can't do anything else.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:34 PM
    I was a big android guy and It took me all of a rode home to figure out that the Z10 was an awesome interface...me hats so hard to understand?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:35 PM
    I was a big android guy and It took me all of a rode home to figure out that the Z10 was an awesome interface...me whats so hard to understand?
    It's not hard to understand. It's ridiculous to suggest that learning your way around this phone requires help from a sales rep and 'research on the web at home' (sheesh!!). That's just trolling.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    04-07-13 05:42 PM
    Your last sentence really cracks me up.

Via Z
    04-07-13 05:44 PM
    Someone should have helped you or you could have asked for help.
    It's very easy to use.
    What's a home button?

Posted via CB10
    dperry360 likes this.
    04-07-13 05:48 PM
    Silly statement. I'm as comfortable with technology as humanly possible, yet if I didn't go on the net and research the phone before going in the store, I would have zero clue how to get around that phone. That is the issue with the Z10...it's fine if you're a loyal crackberry member, but if you're a run of the mill consumer that walks in to verizon/att to look at phones, I can almost guarantee that the Z10 will be frustratingly set back down in about 10 secs if no sales rep helps out.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Foroplex
    THIS!

04-07-13 05:49 PM
    Someone should have helped you or you could have asked for help.
    It's very easy to use.
    What's a home button?

Posted via CB10
    A button or gesture that takes you to the main screen!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 05:49 PM
    I have been waiting so impatiently for this phone, in no way am I not going to purchase a new BB bec of this. I just wanted to point out that it definitely requires more time to figure it all out.
    (Oh, and I am 25 and know my way around technology lol)
    They should have a hidden camera right by the BB station so that we can all see people trying to figure it out lol --and I mean people who have never seen any video demoing the new OS.

04-07-13 05:54 PM
    I just wanted to point out that it definitely requires more time to figure it all out.
    Sounds like it's just a different approach to life. You said it was 'frustrating' and that it 'stressed you out'. I guarantee you that trying to figure out a phone is the last thing in the world that 'frustrates' me or 'stresses me out'. In fact I find that type of thing 'fun' and 'a cool challenge'.
    04-07-13 06:03 PM
    A button or gesture that takes you to the main screen!

Posted via CB10
    Ohhhh boy. Someone's humour detector is broken.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:12 PM
    Ohhhh boy. Someone's humour detector is broken.

Posted via CB10
    Someone's humor creator is faulty.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 06:14 PM
126 123 ...