I looked at the Z10as a v1.0 - despite all the criticisms, do any of the fanbois remember the iPhone 2G with no copy/paste?.
    LOL - yeah. I read an analyst the other day say that BlackBerry 10 is like iOS 1.0. They clearly don't remember iOS 1.0 ... no copy/paste, awful battery life, no multi-tasking, terrible security, no third party apps etc. It brought disruptive tech but there were huge holes too.
    02-07-13 06:05 PM
    Thanks for posting it for the view of a power user. This is much appreciated and very useful
    02-07-13 06:14 PM
    BB10 is not like iOS1. It's a lot better than that as I'm sure Blackberry learned from others' past mistakes but made a few of their own. But the people who care about those mistakes are in the minority. Most care about apps, Instagram and how well the camera takes pics of their food.
    Polopoulos likes this.
    02-07-13 09:29 PM
    Great review. very detailed and yet concise.

personally though I do not see a reason in that list that keeps me off bb10. most all of those things are niceties that I can live without. probably the #1 thing is needing a real keyboard for power messaging. and the Q10 will take care of that. or as thunderbuck points out -- any key missing apps are a big deal.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 10:30 PM
    Outstanding review. Couldn't have put your points better myself.

I'm not migrating immediately either, in part because BBM Music and Slacker aren't on board yet. Wife is very happy with hers, but your points are EXTREMELY well-taken.

Probably the most glaring, immediate issue is the lack of notification profiles. Agreed, that needs to be addressed ASAP.
    What I do not get is why after 3 years is all of this stuff missing?
    02-08-13 07:25 AM
    The major stuff can be fixed in OS updates... there are apparently large corporations (read tens of thousands of employees) that are also ripping Blackberry about the lack of email filtering/level 1 notifications. And I'm sure once some Blackberry admins get their hands on a Z10 in bedside mode, they'll be wondering why there aren't any support calls ringing through at 5am, then an angry exec waiting for them at 9am.
    Tell me about it.
    I go to bed with my BB by my pillow. So no bedside mode anymore. I'll be awakened by every email I get.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 08:07 AM
    Just turn off the 3G, and it will last double the time

the battery life is worse than on the 9900?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 05:25 PM
    Excellent summary of the major issues so far. Trying to look on the bright side (having already jumped) and hoping for better things in future OS releases. Most of what has been posted here reflects the opinions of many, many posts in this and other forums. Surely they are listening.
    02-09-13 06:45 PM
    Yeah fair text. Waiting got the Q10 as well and hope that dome BesX could take over for BIS. Wouldn't that be an option?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 07:09 PM
    Wow! Great review and very honest.

I've been doing application/production admin for many yrs and all the email settings/alerts mentioned are super critical features, at least for me and my team.

So sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-13 07:28 PM
    No, BESX is dead. It may be supported as BES5 will continue to be supported for legacy BBs. The only way to go is hosted BES if you can't afford a BES10 server + CALs. Cost per CAL (IIRC) is $99 but factor in the other costs too. Otherwise you're stuck with EAS.
    02-09-13 07:51 PM
    Wow. Much negativity. These are all software fixable. It amazes me too that the few negatives are not outweighed by the positives. This is a great device. I have had mine from launch in Canada and each day like it more.
    I came from a Bold 9900. I find I can type faster on this. Not flicking up words, but can touch the screen quicker and lighter than is needed to depress a key.
    Since my company has a BES server, contacts/calendar/email came over effortlessly. BBM filled up by my BBid. I am not the user some of you are, but deal with a lot of messages every day and find it easier to stay on top of them with this os and device.
    I have had to battery pull once in a week and that was due to sound being messed up due to me messing around.
    In a few months, a majority of the quirks will be resolved.
    02-09-13 08:26 PM
    Edited original post for OS 10.1.0.1483
    04-21-13 12:54 AM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:19 AM
    Excellent review and precisely why I've shelved my Z10 in favor of my 9900.

It's so frustrating to see all these issues after waiting for BB10 for so long.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:55 AM
    I don't understand why son much was missing either.. it would really help blackberry to list some items they are working on bringing to OS10 from OS7. But who am I to suggest what Blackberry should do
    04-21-13 08:29 AM
    Update for 10.2
    08-03-13 03:19 PM
    Mmm... you can assign specific ring tones and number of vibration to every individual email account you have.
    Settings - Notifications - scroll to Email Messages . Done.

Posted via CB10
    canuckcam likes this.
    08-03-13 04:21 PM
    TL;DR

But if you want OS7 - use OS7.

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-03-13 04:29 PM
44 12