Update the android runtime and Move fast at doing it. Give a good distraction and user will be consumed with it and buys time to fix and repair. And stop selling us dreams. I'm really disappointed about the PlayBook. I spent a pretty penny for it and the the keyboard. Please make moves faster. Hope you hear us

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:42 PM
    Blackberry's biggest problem is that it's got literally NOTHING in the way of Apps....
    ...There is a reason that there is a commonality of CORE APPS on I.O.S. & Droid.
    ...It's called "DEMAND" & those Mfg's who can provide for the demand get to supply that demand.

To date BBRY still hasn't addressed it's 30 day email problem.....
    ...The average consumer could care less if it's because BBRY can't or won't.
    ....If those things that equate to demand are not there - the outcome is logical.

BBRY's biggest enemy now is it's constant "Rick Rolling"......
    ...Allowing a culture to exist who's primary words are: "hint", "peek", "we might", etc.
    ...Those types of words are so much flim-flam now.

For Pete's sake look what happened to the Playbook.
    06-28-13 10:43 PM
    I completely disagree with you. The z10 is not as bad as you make it and out performs my iPhone 5 on the regular. They don't need to release crazy specs because bb10 doesn't need it as a os

Posted via CB10
    That may be true for you but it certainly isn't true for the vast majority of consumers not just in the US but anywhere on the planet that have never experienced a BB in their lives. BBRY has priced the Z10 at the same level at the iPhone 5/Galaxy S4 with far fewer apps which non-BB consumers value and seek. Already there, the Z10 is at a major disadvantage. Specs equal to the iPhone 4 and the Galaxy S3 or even equal to the iPhone 5/Galaxy S4 at the same price as the 5/S4 partly help to explain why Z10 sales are so pathetic.
    06-30-13 08:30 AM
    First of all it's a new OS. android sales was 6.8M the first year and windows 7 was 1M. Apple ios 3.3 M and year later 11.1 M.
    This comparison would be relevant if BBs haven't existed for over 13 years now. Sadly, however, that is not the case.

The world has moved on and BB is not some young, new, scrappy upstart tech company that is rolling out a "never before seen" product.

Like it or not, admit it or not, BB10 is the successor to BBOS and to pretend otherwise, that somehow Thorsten Heins founded a brand new company would be delusional. It would be like Apple trying to pretend that the coming iOS7 is something unrelated to previous versions of iOS or iPhone. Yes, yes, there isn't a single line of script in BB10 that is the same as on BBOS. Does anyone actually think that the average consumer cares about that? The consumer has already heard about BB. They know that BB was once a great company with a great communications device that Barak Obama and others refused to give up because the device was so addictive. They also know that over the intervening years, BB faltered, sucked wind and failed to develop attractive enough devices to successfully compete with iOS and Android devices. They know that BB10 was supposed to make BB relevant again. Sadly, BB10 seems to be failing as well (at least with the Z10 -- the jury is still out on the Q10).

2.7 million in BB10 shipments during the launch quarter is totally pathetic. When you remove BB legacy device sales from the 6.8 million total devices shipped during the quarter, BB was the worst performing major device manufacturer period. The reason it beat Nokia was because legacy device shipments were counted in the total (which is perfectly fine since we're talking total shipments not just new product shipments).
    06-30-13 08:43 AM
    snip...They don't need to release crazy specs because bb10 doesn't need it as a os

Posted via CB10
    If crazy specs are not required, how do you explain the Playbook not getting BB10? Doesn't it run QNX?
    06-30-13 08:57 AM
    I think it is pretty cool to own a Z10 in a sea of iOS and Android devices. Those other devices have very good hardware and ecosystems, so it is not surprising Z10 has problems competing. Z10 is really for BB loyalists like us.

I'd watch the next quarter for Q10 sales numbers because they own qwerty phones. If the market for them is still big enough, say 30M, BBRY will thrive again. Devs will build apps for that sizable market and the Z10 will benefit. Once all the major app makers create for BB10, then Z10 will be competitive.

If full quarter Q10 sales disappoint, then I think BBRY is done.
    06-30-13 09:05 AM
    Do you have any stats to back up your opinion? Because I had heard the opposite. I heard the Z10 was selling quite well!
    They shipped about 2.7 M BB10 smartphones in the Mar-May quarter (about 0.9 M per month). They shipped about 1 M in Feb, basically in UK and Canada alone. So sales per month have decreased. Adding US and many other countries didn’t increase the overall sales. That makes one think that the enthusiasm in UK and Canada has died down and sales in US are bad….very bad.
    06-30-13 09:25 AM
    First of all it's a new OS.
    Too bad. When you are late to the party like Microsoft and RIM, you get punished.
    android sales was 6.8M the first year and windows 7 was 1M. Apple ios 3.3 M and year later 11.1 M.
    This is not 2007 or 2008. The game has been established.
    So it's a start like and it's a nice start
    Hope Blackberry doesn't believe that.
    but people thinking they will sell 144M like android but not today and not this year. it's like blackberry allready said. We have to build a base and it's the same with the app store.
    True
    It's huge for a 4 month old OS.
    If it were anybody but Blackberry this may have been true.
    At least it shows growth in sales and it seems Blackberry is happy with that.
    No. They are not happy. They released another OS7 device, not from the goodness of their heart, but to increase sales.
    They also earn 2-3 times more on there Z10 than Nokia does. Nokia still is subsidised by Microsoft .
    That's Nokia's problem. Irrelevant to the position Blackberry is in.
    There is one think to win more consumers and that is to show people that BB10 is as easy as android/apple ands stuff like the keyboard, hub and timeshift but not with face's but with skip the rope with children. Just a photo in the action.
    The "timeshift" for Blackberry should have been circa 2008. Adding a camera gimmick now is not a selling point. There is a learning curve, to BB10. Keyboard, hub (already seen in webs) not enough.
    one point and glad they did. No BB10 on Playbook but they need to build a update voor existed OS with flash, beter browser etc to get a final playbook OS to finish that chapter. It will give them credits.
    Apparently the book is closed.
    NOTE; New cpu or more ram is no use at the moment in europe S4 sales not so good and people stuck with there old android of just buyinga cheaper iphone 4 or HTC X because the OS is still the same and there is no real difference in 4.2 or 4.3 whatever. Also the first i said about cpu is like 4 or 8 core is also nu use because OS or Apps not using those core's also the max speed will be enough or just a overload for user and OS because you also dont buy a 3.6 Ghz CPU for your windows computer because you only wanted to type letters. So that said the Z10 has nice specs.
    You know this. Other techies know this. The public doesn't care.
    06-30-13 09:26 AM
    Z10 is not selling well because of how it is being marketed, period ....

Every store I have visited have the stupid demo running. Users can't experience the device in full, not to say that they can't do it at all.

Contrary, Iphone and other Android devices are always fully enabled and connected to Internet, and users can actually see and experience them in action.

The demo application is the worst enemy for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:31 AM
    The Z10 is fine. It's better than many other phones out there that outsell it. Millions of products that are horrible and the worst of the worst are not only the most popular products but sell for more than the best of the best because of how they are presented and marketed. What Blackberry needs desperately is a solid vision and a marketing campaign with some true and proven professionals that know how to sell product. The fact that they don't know how to market a product, not the product itself is what keeps Blackberry at the end of the pack.
    The problem with the Z10, Q10 is it's an OK beef patty with no bread.

While everyone is scratching their head and wonders why BB10 is not selling as expected, they fail to take in account that Blackberry is no longer in the world before 2007.
    They are not competing with iPhone.
    They are competing with iOS.
    06-30-13 09:36 AM
    They don't need to release crazy specs because bb10 doesn't need it as a os
    BB10 doesn't need crazy specs that's why we'll be seeing it on the Playbook *huraaay*
    06-30-13 09:36 AM
    If you want to sell you've got to be better on paper at the display. Ppl look at that when they see beefed up specs on other devices for the same price what do you really think they will do? Then take into account the lack of support from sales associates.

You have to win on paper and market the he'll out of it!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 05:29 AM
    Somebody at BlackBerry better read this. Twice.
    I couldn't have said it better myself and as much as I dislike Apple IOS, my two major clients have abandoned the BB platform in favor of Apple and IOS and are not looking back. They feel BB has fallen way behind in the apps department and features they and their employees expect in a smartphone in 2013. They also feel that Apple is going offer them stability and support over the long haul in terms of product updates and warranty support.

I am on a iPhone 5 and IOS at the moment not because I am fanboy and/or troll. It's because the majority of my clients are using IOS, iChat and Facetime now instead of BBM and if I expect to do business and communicate with them in the future, the choice is simple my friends, I either roll with them or get rolled over.

That's reality here in the USA where Blackberry was once the Apple and Samsung of the smartphone market here and have lost their once dominant market share because of complicity and a lack of vision. I blame this directly on the management at Blackberry and if I where a share holder with my hard earned money invested in this company, I would be pissed right about now and rightfully so.
    07-01-13 06:21 AM
    PORTUGAL - HOW CAN IT BE SELLING WELL??????

Q10 ALSO AVAILABLE IN PORTUGAL BUT .............................. the same story, went to a FNAC store, and i saw the Q10 placed on a shelf somewhere between the older BBs, no advertising, no "showoff" , NOTHING ...... im a BB fan and user but i am really disappointed that Blackberry is doing such a terrible job in Portugal and seriously think that like this BB is not going to be a player in the smartphone / mobile computing scene at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sad to say i feel like this, adding to the sad scene the Q10 was nt even set up for the store, couldnt get to the icons, hub, etc. nothing ....... man oh man wtf is happening???

IN PORTUGAL IM SURE 95% HAVE NO IDEA BB10 IS OUT AND THAT THERE ARE NEW PHONES, ETC.ETC. ETC.
    07-01-13 06:27 AM
    I love my Z10 but I'm considering moving to another OS once BBM is available on other OSes.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:33 AM
    RIM/BlackBerry's lack of marketing has always been a killer for them. Their marketing team is garbage and needs another overhaul.

To me, that is the number one reason why the Z10 isn't selling like hotcakes everywhere. Another big reason is lack of app ecosystem. If people can switch over from other platforms and keep what they need, they will just stay where they are. I know plenty of people that love my Z10, but refuse to switch until the apps they need are available on the BB10 platform.

Finally, the hardware. The hardware would have been great if it was released in early/middle 2012. Consumers recognize specs, and when they see the Z10 was just released with these mid range specs and priced as a high end product, that's not going to fly very well. It doesn't matter if BB10 runs like butter on dual core. Keeping the specs competitive in this current market is what matters.

I still have not seen one stranger in public with a Z10 in the US. The only people I know who have it are my friends because they liked mine. I have only had 2 people come up to me since owning this device (since Verizon release day) and ask me if that is the "new BlackBerry".
    PhilipDZ and scorpiodsu like this.
    07-01-13 06:41 AM
    I completely disagree with you. The z10 is not as bad as you make it and out performs my iPhone 5 on the regular. They don't need to release crazy specs because bb10 doesn't need it as a os

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm the first thing that came to mind is the Playbook not being powerful enough to run BB10.....
    07-01-13 09:12 AM
    RIM/BlackBerry's lack of marketing has always been a killer for them. Their marketing team is garbage and needs another overhaul.

To me, that is the number one reason why the Z10 isn't selling like hotcakes everywhere. Another big reason is lack of app ecosystem. If people can switch over from other platforms and keep what they need, they will just stay where they are. I know plenty of people that love my Z10, but refuse to switch until the apps they need are available on the BB10 platform.

Finally, the hardware. The hardware would have been great if it was released in early/middle 2012. Consumers recognize specs, and when they see the Z10 was just released with these mid range specs and priced as a high end product, that's not going to fly very well. It doesn't matter if BB10 runs like butter on dual core. Keeping the specs competitive in this current market is what matters.

I still have not seen one stranger in public with a Z10 in the US. The only people I know who have it are my friends because they liked mine. I have only had 2 people come up to me since owning this device (since Verizon release day) and ask me if that is the "new BlackBerry".
    I know of one person that owns one and he works for BB. I have heard of 2 other people owning one and thats it.
    On a brighter note the camera was kind of a hit the other day when taking pictures at a get together. People loved the time shift. Then someone started talking about how they tanked after the earnings announcement... lol oh well.....
    07-01-13 09:14 AM
    They put out a great idea and Os ... problem is that it is in a undesirable device compared to other devices available.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:53 AM
    I think BB relied too much on Alicia Keys and not enough on what consumers really want. Considering the Z10 is a premium phone with a premium price, in order to wrestle customers away from the iphone of Galaxy S4, BB needs to demonstrate that the Z10 is not just a "me too" phone but something that exceeds what the iphone and Galaxy S4 can deliver.

And I know that BB fanboys are going to say "Z10 can do this and this and this that others can't", but the average consumer does not know this.

In order to convince consumers to shell out big $$$ and switch over to the Z10, it will take more than Alicia's tight outfits and camel toe flashes to achieve this.
    07-01-13 10:10 AM
    Specs are not the only important thing. It's the relationship between specs and OS.
    07-01-13 10:24 AM
    Bottom line is Blackberry dropped the ball in many ways with this OS10 launch. They're the author of their own demise. When we buy a phone with a new OS we expect to have EVERY FEATURE that our previous device's OS had. Let's face it they are hanging on by their finger nails. How would they ever think that they could compete with apple or android, app wise. They should have focused on the functionality of the device for the buisness users. I really doubt after the next "Phablet" they plan on releasing people will spend such wad of cash on a product that is inferior to to the other competitors.

Im with blackberry for the whole ride as long as PIN to PIN is with them but if when they launch BBM cross platform and PIN is included. I will go to the first android with a keyboard I could find

Posted via CB Q-10
    07-01-13 10:41 AM
    I'm going to say my opinion of how most people in the US feel.

Ok the BlackBerry Os10 is awesome but the z10 phone sucks compared to many other devices on the market. Here in the USA everyone wants the best of the best. If you want to sell devices here you better damn well push a product out that is BETTER than the competition and by better I mean faster, more powerful, more battery life, better camera and it needs to look sharp!!!! The Z10 is men't for the time of the iphone 4 and galaxy s3 at best. That is why it is a FAIL here in the USA. Plain and simple! If you want the rest of the world to adopt it you have to have great secuss here first. And this delayed launch crappie sucks and kills momentum..

If the A10 is built with similar specifications as the S4 it will fall flat just like the Z10. BlackBerry needs to get ahead of the competition now. Bigger badder and faster. That's all the average consumers look for. I fear the a10 will be another s4 and as soon as it comes out Samsung opens the flood gate again with an even better device.

It's do or die time for BlackBerry. Be better than the competition or shut the frickn door!!!

Still I love you blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    I like the Z10 I agree with some of your point of view but not all. You forgot to mention that US carriers don't release updates so how can you get maximum feature usage. That alone is a big factor for many. For those that don't want to side load new OS. Still waiting on 10.1 and 10.2 is around the corner. At this rate 11.0 and we will still be waiting.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 10:44 AM
    How many of you seriously buy new products that you are NOT a loyalist for? Many ppl who bought BB10 devices are A. Loyal to the brand or B. geeks who love trying new things. That makes up a SMALL portion of the market. Many ppl want the coolest or most well known device. No one is willing to invest $200 or $600 into an unproven product. If I wasn't so sick of Anroid, I wouldn't have bought a Z10, either. That's a lot of money to gamble. The Z10 was NOT GOING TO SELL WELL this early. The phone could have been a freaking rocket-ship, no one would have bought it b/c its new and unfamiliar for the cost/benefit.
    07-01-13 11:15 AM
    In order to convince consumers to shell out big $$$ and switch over to the Z10, it will take more than Alicia's tight outfits and camel toe flashes to achieve this.
    Alicia hadn't made it onto my radar until BlackBerry signed her on. I don't follow pop culture for my info.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 12:10 PM
108 12345