I'm going to say my opinion of how most people in the US feel.

Ok the BlackBerry Os10 is awesome but the z10 phone sucks compared to many other devices on the market. Here in the USA everyone wants the best of the best. If you want to sell devices here you better damn well push a product out that is BETTER than the competition and by better I mean faster, more powerful, more battery life, better camera and it needs to look sharp!!!! The Z10 is men't for the time of the iphone 4 and galaxy s3 at best. That is why it is a FAIL here in the USA. Plain and simple! If you want the rest of the world to adopt it you have to have great secuss here first. And this delayed launch crappie sucks and kills momentum..

If the A10 is built with similar specifications as the S4 it will fall flat just like the Z10. BlackBerry needs to get ahead of the competition now. Bigger badder and faster. That's all the average consumers look for. I fear the a10 will be another s4 and as soon as it comes out Samsung opens the flood gate again with an even better device.

It's do or die time for BlackBerry. Be better than the competition or shut the frickn door!!!

Still I love you blackberry.

Posted via CB10

It's safe to say that EVERYONE in the world feels this way. As Morrissey put it, "America is NOT the world"
    Drew Guttadore likes this.
    07-01-13 12:16 PM
    Do you have any stats to back up your opinion? Because I had heard the opposite. I heard the Z10 was selling quite well!
    Less than 3 million BlackBerry 10 smartphones were shipped in Q1 according to the earnings report from BlackBerry. No number provided on sell-through to the end-user. BlackBerry said they were disappointed with the numbers.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    07-01-13 12:17 PM
    I know of one person that owns one and he works for BB. I have heard of 2 other people owning one and thats it.
    On a brighter note the camera was kind of a hit the other day when taking pictures at a get together. People loved the time shift. Then someone started talking about how they tanked after the earnings announcement... lol oh well.....
    Z10 camera is great.

My point of view why the Z10 is not selling well-img_00000260.jpg
    My point of view why the Z10 is not selling well-img_00000266.jpg
    My point of view why the Z10 is not selling well-img_00000265.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    07-01-13 12:36 PM
    I think you should change the title of this thread, it is outselling in some markets and also titles like that are further encouraging a failure.
    When the other bb10 devices come out I think by then it could be a different story for BlackBerry.
    The z10 and bb10 are so new it's only now that people are starting to know about them and I know a lot of people that are planning to switch from android...
    BlackBerry need to market the z10 much better. Simple. It's A great phone.

And you want a phone that's badder and faster than the rest?
    You have it, qnx is very powerful and stable.
    Doesn't matter how many cores android phones have they ain't qnx, you should learn more about it, BlackBerry will get these phones doing things you won't believe, you watch
    07-02-13 05:34 PM
    Gotta admit I didn't read all the posts here, but I have a different opinion than the op. First of all, I don't think the specs are that bad. We all know that because of how android works, it needs those super phone specs, qnx does not need all that power to run a fluid system. And comparing specs of iPhone and z10, well, z10 wins.

I think the reason bb10 is 'failing' in the good 'ol USA is because of the carriers. Walk in to a corporate store of att or Verizon, and not only will they not push the phone, they will push you away from it. I've already posted my experience purchasing my phone. I don't think the average consumer would fight to buy a BlackBerry when the staff of the store is fighting you not to buy it.

Yes, marketing could be better, but except for Apple, I don't see any phone company saturating the airwaves. I remember a wp commercial that was funny, but I couldn't tell you which phone the commercial was for. But in the position we're in, and the way the carriers are handicapping the bb, yeah, they need to get completely proactive and throw good commercials everywhere. And we can do our part by showing off our phones everywhere we go.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:18 PM
    Z10 camera is great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000260.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	177921

Name:	IMG_00000266.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	177923

Name:	IMG_00000265.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	177924

Posted via CB10
    Omg. Wtf is that?? Where are you from and please tell me that is not a house fly. If one of those landed on me I would be running and screaming like a little girl!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 07:33 PM
    I'll beat the dead horse here and agree that marketing was/is the primary issue. Blackberry has failed hard at this for quite some time now; I don't know how they could have possibly not learned from past lessons.

Simple fact is, slick marketing works. It has since the dawn of media and always will. People will throw money at anything if it's presented properly, whether it is a sub-par product or not. As far as to what happens once that product is in people's hands, and word of mouth starts to spread......that's another story.
    07-02-13 09:06 PM
    Omg. Wtf is that?? Where are you from and please tell me that is not a house fly. If one of those landed on me I would be running and screaming like a little girl!

Posted via CB10
    The first one is a Dragonfly. The second and third is a picture of a Cicada. I'm from New York. This type of Cicada makes an appearance every 17 years. It's called the Brood II I believe.

Cicada Mania: Cicada Facts, Photos, Videos, Sounds, 17 Year, Brood II Periodical Cicadas
    Cicadas: What You Need To Know | Garden Club
    07-03-13 06:39 AM
    Why? I can summarize it in few words: nowdays, you either have a great brand with story behind it and charismatic leader(s), or you are multi billion "jack of all trades" ZERO emotion company with a lot of eggheads...BlackBerry is neither - this company was created with a sole purpose of making money in mind and their current steps only prove it - 20-th century is over - you either offer people emotion, love or super hi-tech, or get out...
    07-05-13 08:19 PM
    In my area, no one even knows the z exists.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:24 PM
    I agree. Most people aren't aware of new blackberry os. That's why the ones who have the new Bb10 os should uae word if mouth.. i laugh inside when people think my z10 is a iphone because it's white. But then they see how big it is and I just show them all the tricks and speed. They want to hold it and try it. If more qord of mouth was out their it would help cause blackberry marketing budget is sure to be tight right now... i wish qe all got baxk on BBM...Well cone on guys let a push it I'm happy with mine plus hate having same thing everyone else has. Let's be leaders on a crusade.. lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-13 08:46 PM
    I for one think the Z10 is better than the competition. Used many phones, but the Z10 experience wins hands down.
    That being said, here are the main factors I believe why the Z10 is not doing well in the States.
    1. Poor Marketing.
    2. Americans THINK it's specs that make a phone better. (like many other countries)
    3. Bad past reputation.
    4. Constant unwarranted negatively in the press.
    5. Lack of carrier support.
    6. Lack of apps.

Even if BlackBerry made the best possible phone, they would still be up against a brick wall. Marketing is their only hope. Shame they can't just spend cash on getting the best marketing company money can buy? Even then, going to be almost impossible to crack the States at this rate. Really sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-06-13 at 12:48 AM.
    07-05-13 10:45 PM
    I think people in the US just don't give it a chance

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:51 PM
    Pointless thread. People need to stop creating useless threads.

Posted via CB10
    So all the people who read and commented to this post are useless? If it's useless to you, don't read it. How self adsorbed can one person be. Really?

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    07-05-13 10:55 PM
    It sucks because the battery sucks on it.
    07-05-13 11:00 PM
    The States doesn't even know the Z10 exists let alone how the battery works. Plus, it works great for most people who have 10.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-06-13 at 12:27 AM.
    07-06-13 12:06 AM
    Its not selling because its a POS that is full of bugs. The word is quickly spreading about how badly BlackBerry dropped the ball on this device/OS.
    The 27% drop in share price last week speeks volumes...
    07-06-13 12:10 AM
    Its not selling because its a POS that is full of bugs. The word is quickly spreading about how badly BlackBerry dropped the ball on this device/OS.
    The 27% drop in share price last week speeks volumes...
    Do you own a Z10?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 12:46 AM
    Horrible battery life.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10. Keep Moving!
    07-06-13 01:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:48 AM
    Betamax showed us how better tech does not always win... there is still a chance for BlackBerry though, the next two quarters will be their most important ones, but they need to stop being a good polite Canadian Company and start some real aggressive marketing on all fronts.

Swoosh... swiped from my Z10
    07-06-13 02:30 AM
    There's not much to add to what has already been said, so I'll simply say this. The reason the Z10 is not selling is because it is a BlackBerry product - period.

The exact same device if it belonged to any other company would have sold well.

It doesn't because the BlackBerry brand itself has become synamonous with failure, being antiquated, poorly designed, poorly supported, and boring. BlackBerry is the brand your great grandfather's use; the brand used by people afraid of entertainment, fun, movies, games, and excitement. It's the brand that "the suits" use, the stuffy, arrogant business class who think that "tweets" are what birds sound like.

And this impression, regardless of whether or not it is fair, is what Blackberry is fighting against. And I'm not sure, they will succeed.

Take the Z10 and put an Apple or Samsung label on it and would have flown out the doors. Put a BlackBerry label on it, and people stay away. The brand is damaged. The real question is, is this damage irreparable?

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and niss63 like this.
    07-06-13 02:54 AM
    There's not much to add to what has already been said, so I'll simply say this. The reason the Z10 is not selling is because it is a BlackBerry product - period.

The exact same device if it belonged to any other company would have sold well.

It doesn't because the BlackBerry brand itself has become synamonous with failure, being antiquated, poorly designed, poorly supported, and boring. BlackBerry is the brand your great grandfather's use; the brand used by people afraid of entertainment, fun, movies, games, and excitement. It's the brand that "the suits" use, the stuffy, arrogant business class who think that "tweets" are what birds sound like.

And this impression, regardless of whether or not it is fair, is what Blackberry is fighting against. And I'm not sure, they will succeed.

Take the Z10 and put an Apple or Samsung label on it and would have flown out the doors. Put a BlackBerry label on it, and people stay away. The brand is damaged. The real question is, is this damage irreparable?

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense. You make a great points.
    It would take a miracle for the perception of this company to turn around at this point. There may be a chance with marketing, but it would have to be one of the best campaigns of all time. Right now, the Marketing is good, (at least in Canada) but not great. It would have to be a marketing company that could sell ice to Eskimo's. Good luck with that!

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-06-13 10:45 AM
    I went into my local AT&T yesterday & guess what I saw? Galaxy ads!! A banner on every wall. There was 1 BlackBerry ad but it was with the iPhone and S4 outside. The point I'm making is, how much Samsung puts into their marketing. If I say "Galaxy" 100x and only say "blackberry" once, what r u going to think about?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:43 AM
    The problem was all the delays. They should have introduced both phones Z10 and Q10 at the same time.. all testing should have been completed and truly had a world wide launch.. These staggered launches kill all the anticipation. This is not ketchup!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-07-13 11:19 AM
108 ... 2345