I'm going to say my opinion of how most people in the US feel.

Ok the BlackBerry Os10 is awesome but the z10 phone sucks compared to many other devices on the market. Here in the USA everyone wants the best of the best. If you want to sell devices here you better damn well push a product out that is BETTER than the competition and by better I mean faster, more powerful, more battery life, better camera and it needs to look sharp!!!! The Z10 is men't for the time of the iphone 4 and galaxy s3 at best. That is why it is a FAIL here in the USA. Plain and simple! If you want the rest of the world to adopt it you have to have great secuss here first. And this delayed launch crappie sucks and kills momentum..

If the A10 is built with similar specifications as the S4 it will fall flat just like the Z10. BlackBerry needs to get ahead of the competition now. Bigger badder and faster. That's all the average consumers look for. I fear the a10 will be another s4 and as soon as it comes out Samsung opens the flood gate again with an even better device.

It's do or die time for BlackBerry. Be better than the competition or shut the frickn door!!!

Still I love you blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:12 AM
    I completely disagree with you. The z10 is not as bad as you make it and out performs my iPhone 5 on the regular. They don't need to release crazy specs because bb10 doesn't need it as a os

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:16 AM
    Do you have any stats to back up your opinion? Because I had heard the opposite. I heard the Z10 was selling quite well!
    06-28-13 11:18 AM
    I agree about the iphone. But all you hear is about how awesome the S4 is. Specs matter here camera matters battery matters. I'm sorry but if you want to get good publicity here you gotta have some thing to catch the attention of other Os users.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:22 AM
    Yeah look at the earning release.

Posted via CB10
    RaedShadi1 likes this.
    06-28-13 11:24 AM
    The Z10 is fine. It's better than many other phones out there that outsell it. Millions of products that are horrible and the worst of the worst are not only the most popular products but sell for more than the best of the best because of how they are presented and marketed. What Blackberry needs desperately is a solid vision and a marketing campaign with some true and proven professionals that know how to sell product. The fact that they don't know how to market a product, not the product itself is what keeps Blackberry at the end of the pack.
    06-28-13 11:26 AM
    Well said oofa. Love my z

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 and zeteo like this.
    06-28-13 11:34 AM
    Exactly +10

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-28-13 11:35 AM
    Do you have any stats to back up your opinion? Because I had heard the opposite. I heard the Z10 was selling quite well!
    If in a quarter only 2.7 million phones have been shipped, then sell through is less than that. That is a mix of both the Z10 and the Q10. Not exactly sterling numbers. I would say in the USA that the numbers are not good. There was the launch and then 2 months waiting for the device to hit the USA carriers. That was followed by sales but a rebooting issue that some experienced and couldn't get fixed because the carriers won't release the update to fix the issue. The average consumer doesn't want to learn how to load a leak in order to make something work like it is supposed to.

As I have visited a number of Best Buy and AT&T stores when traveling, I find that the Z10 is located in an inconspicuous location...no signage, no promotion. Just one phone among many. iPhone has signage. Galaxy S has signage. Not the Z10. Granted I haven't been to every store, but you get the drift. If my experience is anything like other people's in the US, then the Z10 isn't going to bring BlackBerry back.

I love my Z10, but so far I haven't seen another one in the wild here in Louisville, Bowling Green, or Indianapolis. I know there are some out there, but just not enough of them to make the odds of seeing one very good. I am beginning to think that I would have better odds of winning the Powerball than of ever seeing another Z10. So if you ever come to Louisville, look me up. I would love to see another Z10 or a Q10 in the wild.
    06-28-13 11:37 AM
    First of all it's a new OS. android sales was 6.8M the first year and windows 7 was 1M. Apple ios 3.3 M and year later 11.1 M. So it's a start like and it's a nice start but people thinking they will sell 144M like android but not today and not this year. it's like blackberry allready said. We have to build a base and it's the same with the app store. It's huge for a 4 month old OS. At least it shows growth in sales and it seems Blackberry is happy with that. They also earn 2-3 times more on there Z10 than Nokia does. Nokia still is subsidised by Microsoft .

There is one think to win more consumers and that is to show people that BB10 is as easy as android/apple ands stuff like the keyboard, hub and timeshift but not with face's but with skip the rope with children. Just a photo in the action.

one point and glad they did. No BB10 on Playbook but they need to build a update voor existed OS with flash, beter browser etc to get
    a final playbook OS to finish that chapter. It will give them credits.

My point of view why the Z10 is not selling well-800px-world_wide_smartphone_sales_share.png

NOTE; New cpu or more ram is no use at the moment in europe S4 sales not so good and people stuck with there old android of just buyinga cheaper iphone 4 or HTC X because the OS is still the same and there is no real difference in 4.2 or 4.3 whatever. Also the first i said about cpu is like 4 or 8 core is also nu use because OS or Apps not using those core's also the max speed will be enough or just a overload for user and OS because you also dont buy a 3.6 Ghz CPU for your windows computer because you only wanted to type letters. So that said the Z10 has nice specs.
    Last edited by whatsever; 06-28-13 at 12:03 PM.
    06-28-13 11:39 AM
    First of all it's a new OS. android sales was 6.8M the first year and windows 7 was 1M. Apple ios 3.3 M and year later 11.1 M. So it's a start like and it's a nice start but people thinking they will sell 144M like android but not today and not this year. it's like blackberry allready said. We have to build a base and it's the same with the app store. It's huge for a 4 month old OS. At least it shows growth in sales and it seems Blackberry is happy with that. They also earn 2-3 times more on there Z10 than Nokia does. Nokia still is subsidised by Microsoft .

one point and glad they did. No BB10 on Playbook but they need to build a update voor existed OS with flash, beter browser etc to get
    a final playbook OS to finish that chapter. It will give them credits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-World_Wide_Smartphone_Sales_Share.png 
Views:	3105 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	176969

NOTE; New cpu or more ram is no use at the moment in europe S4 sales not so good and people stuck with there old android of just buying
    a cheaper iphone 4 or HTC X because the OS is still the same and there is no real difference in 4.2 or 4.3 whatever. Also the first i said
    about cpu is like 4 or 8 core is also nu use because OS or Apps not using those core's also the max speed will be enough or just a overload
    for user and OS because you also dont buy a 3.6 Ghz CPU for your windows computer because you only wanted to type letters. So that
    said the Z10 has nice specs.
    Disagree. when the touchscreens first came out numbers were low but nowadays touchscreens are the norm so BB numbers are terrible. Face the truth instead of twisting it. BB took five years to respond to the iphone with the Z10, which is laughable at best.
    PhilipDZ likes this.
    06-28-13 11:56 AM
    Why does bb10 commercials have a guy on a magic carpet and rocking out in them... show the damn os and phones

Need to fire these larrys they got marketing and then ppl will buy the device

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 11:57 AM
    The reason is probably quite opposite. The average joe will find the Z10 to expensive I think the Q5 is what we're waiting for a preferebly a Z5 I fear the
    a10 could fail missirably
    06-28-13 11:58 AM
    Nah. It's about the features. Word prediction, time-shift, hub, etc..
    06-28-13 12:00 PM
    Are you serious? You want stats? How about 2.7 million BB10 devices sold in quarter ended May 30. This includes less than 1 month of Q10 sales in Canada and the U.K. The Z10 is selling like crap, especially in the U.S. and quite frankly that's the most important market. I know BlackBerry is strong in other markets, but U.S. consumers spend more on apps and music and its image there has an impact on the stock price. I own a Z10 and love it and I want BlackBerry to succeed, but they need to realize they have an image problem and that's impacting everything from app development to carrier support. If BlackBerry is to be successful, they need to realize this and address it.
    06-28-13 12:05 PM
    we really should look at blacckberry as a new company. i do not know of any other company that gutted every major postion from CEO to CFO and still worked on a some what comparable product. I can not image what they could have done if they had the time every other company has had. But i guess the masses and wall street, doesnt really care about that, it is a show me the money society, But prefection is only done over time.
    Murundum and j21jam6 like this.
    06-28-13 12:14 PM
    As posted already, it's a new Os. I sit side by side with Apple people all the time and am proud of my Z10. Read some threads about OS optimization and you will understand why BB10 is fine with these specs.
    I do place blame. It sits solidly on the shoulders of the marketing team and those that make funding decisions on adverts. Simply put, effective ads educate to create need. Something also has to be done about the uneducated sales people who are steering customers away from BlackBerry.
    I am sad about no BB10 on my 2 Play books, but I accept the fact it won't work. Again, I point a finger at Marketing. Why couldn't that little workhorse of a tablet have succeeded? Especially at the lower price. Sheesh!
    There is brilliance everywhere I look in BB10 with promise of more to come. Only the world has no idea. That has to change in order for BlackBerry to survive. I am right there in the front row cheering as loudly as I can!

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-28-13 12:14 PM
    I would love better specs but the truth is, unlike Android, BlackBerry doesn't need the massive specs because it's optimized. Consumers don't know that. Reason why a iPhone and BlackBerry runs smoothly but an 8 core S4 still has home screen lag. But better specs for sure would be great. Run my games smoothly
    06-28-13 12:27 PM
    Z10 is not selling well because of the crappy Blackberry marketing!! I live in California and I rarely see TV ads for Z10 except for the occasional VZW add but it doesn't really do the job of making a good case non-BB users to buy it. People don't even know Alicia Keys is the BB supposed Brand Manager. They need REAL marketing!
    My point of view why the Z10 is not selling well-942634_537059849694851_1923808722_n.jpg
    06-28-13 12:31 PM
    I'm going to say my opinion of how most people in the US feel.

Ok the BlackBerry Os10 is awesome but the z10 phone sucks compared to many other devices on the market. Here in the USA everyone wants the best of the best. If you want to sell devices here you better damn well push a product out that is BETTER than the competition and by better I mean faster, more powerful, more battery life, better camera and it needs to look sharp!!!! The Z10 is men't for the time of the iphone 4 and galaxy s3 at best. That is why it is a FAIL here in the USA. Plain and simple! If you want the rest of the world to adopt it you have to have great secuss here first. And this delayed launch crappie sucks and kills momentum..

If the A10 is built with similar specifications as the S4 it will fall flat just like the Z10. BlackBerry needs to get ahead of the competition now. Bigger badder and faster. That's all the average consumers look for. I fear the a10 will be another s4 and as soon as it comes out Samsung opens the flood gate again with an even better device.

It's do or die time for BlackBerry. Be better than the competition or shut the frickn door!!!

Still I love you blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    I don't agree with you. The problem in the US is not the phone, but the bad publicity and the apparent lack of support from the carriers. They have said the support and want BlackBerry to suceed, but they are really not doing it. All you have to do is walk to any store and look around. Displays are tucked at a corner unlike other devices, sales people do not know about the phone (or pretend they do not know about it) and talk people over getting another platform, etc. BlackBerry has a bad reputation here and this practice does not help. When I got my Z10 the salesman tried to persuade me into getting iOS because it was a better phone; I proceeded to give him a lesson to that effect even though the phone had 10.0.
    My wife who is not a technical person was always complaining about something on her iPhone 5 and saw that I did not have those issues with mine. I ended up upgrading her to a Z10 (upgraded it to 10.1 hybrid) and I have not heard her complain.
    When I went to get her upgrade I got the same persuasive approach. The salesman told me that I should not get a BlackBerry because they had a lot of issues with it and people had been returning the phone like crazy after only a week, and people had been even more upset because of the $35 restocking fee on the returned phone. I just laughed at the guy.
    Add this to the delays in releasing 10.1 to users when the official OS has been available around the world and you have a worse situation. Now, imagine how long it would take to get 10.2 in the US!
    So, this is the problem;it is not the phone. I see this when I travel to Mexico City. Carriers have the phone, but they tell you otherwise because they want to unload other brands and models they have in stock and to come back in two weeks (of course, you go back two weeks later and you get the same response). When you press them for the phone, they come back from their warehouse with a Z10 and an excuse.
    Last edited by EchuOkan1; 06-28-13 at 12:45 PM.
    Vorkosigan and j21jam6 like this.
    06-28-13 12:33 PM
    I agree with the op. I understand that os doesn't need 8 cores or whatever but if the competitor is offering that in their phones for the same price why not put it in anyway. Is it overkill probably so but most of the general public wont see it like that they look at specs and see an inferior product. Whether you like it or not specs are a part of selling things 720p vs 1080p televisions v6 vs v8 engines computer specs, 3G , 4g , and lte list goes on and on. Most consumers are fine with whatever works but will opt for the better optioned because it sounds better. I too think with BB track record that instead of setting bar the next BB will be positioned to go against s4 htc one, iPhone 5 when they are all ready on to the next BIG thing and will be too little too late.is the z/q10 good for a lot on this forum sure but for the most people on here are fans heck the site is called crackberry but remember Blackberry needs to lure people away from iOS and android not just keep their current fans. For what it's worth windows does the exact same thing and I think that hurts them too but at least most phones I saw from them are priced lower also
    06-28-13 12:51 PM
    Who need 8cores when you got no lag?
    Who need kids-drawing like os?
    Who will use that eye movement features?
    More than 8sensor on the phone for stupid features? Nice innovation.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-28-13 12:51 PM
    I disagree with the Moderators claim that the Z10 is selling well and I think today's numbers, and the way BlackBerry presented them (they literally had to be coaxed into bring them out in the conference call or BBRY would not have released them at all) tells you BlackBerry know this.

Here is the USA the folks I know who like iPhone want a phone that just works, reliably and when it doesn't they want a place where they can go "FIX MY PHONE!!" and a genius does just that. No muss no fuss, no random reboots, no wait until android jelly bean run time comes that will fix it...blah blah blah. Your phone doesn't work - here's one that does. Their friend shows them a cool app - they go to iTunes and get it 99 44/100th of the time. This is the core that even Samsung understands will always be iPhone users because Apple gets them. BlackBerry does not.

Android doesn't either but what Android has are fanboys who love playing with their phones. The core of Android are the geeks who love running ROMS not because they have to - because they want to. Who love to change the wallpaper, the fonts. They don't need their phone to do everything - just the things they need and as long as there is an app for that - they are cool. They don't sideload cause it's the only way to get basic functionality or must have apps. Every geek I know owns an Android phone and wouldn't consider any other.

Here in the States BlackBerry has lost all of those folks already their minds do not consider BlackBerry phones when their contracts are up. The Z10 is a good phone for what it does, but its not appealing to either of these large groups, nor will the A10 be when it comes out unless BB10 is very different when it does.
    21stNow and j21jam6 like this.
    06-28-13 12:59 PM
    I think the OP is basically right here.

The point is it's completely irrelevant how efficient QNX is or where BBRYs aiming at (target audience). "We're not in the specs race". I agreed to that and from a marketing perspective it made sense. But meanwhile I'm under the impression that this isn't the case. I think classic targeted market cultivation doesn't work in the smartphone market. You NEED a mass compelling device, there is no non-specie viable niche in the long term. The only company that's barely in the specs race is Apple, but iOS and the iPhone has many other selling points to it, whether it's built quality, design, number and quality of apps, the ecosystem and its services as a whole or the great update-/software support. Nokia is also struggling and fighting hard, but at least Nokia has also some selling points to it, like also design, built quality, its camera and all those free Nokia apps.

So here is the deal: BBRY has nearly NONE of those selling points. Just take the Z10 with BB10 right now.

Number of apps - no
    Quality of apps - unfortunately not with all this Android 2.3 crap in there
    Design hardware - no, too much bezel
    Design software - no, too boring app-pane with ugly icons
    Built quality - no, plasticy plastic and a non-durable screen glass
    Music - yes, but overpriced
    Movies - by far not globally
    Streaming services - no
    Maps - mediocre, can't hold up to the competition
    Desktop software - Link is horrible and feature-poor
    Backup and sync-features - really bad
    OS stability - no, any update can screw up the whole system and battery performance if you don't make a ckean install (means no backup) -problem: no average consumer will update the phone with all this workarounds
    Performance - the app drawer and peek gestures stutter when the browser is opened in an Active Frame
    Any special apps other platforms haven't - NO
    Battery life - NO

The list goes on and on. Disclaimer: this isn't my personal opinion, it's the opinion I think the average consumer has. So if you're so short in all those departments, jeck, you better at least beat the competition with specs! Why not?

I love the size, feeling and built-quality of the Z10, also it's design, but hell, the average consumer doesn't. For the average consumer the Z10 is just a bulky cheap-built iPhone 5 clone from a design perspective.

So they really need to come up with a latest and greatest hardware phone. They NEED.

1. Built all stock apps in cascades with hardware-accelerated C-code and polish it more until it never ever lags or stutters and runs constantly at 50-60 fps no matter what
    2. Take the TAT guys and redesign the look and feel of all app icons, make it something more fresh and post up strong design guidelines for third party app icons
    3. Built a freaking phone that's not only functional, but also PRETTY and luxurious. Take some metal and try to achieve a design that's new and fresh but also clean, understating and timeless. Its possible, even without screwing up reception quality. Just WORK OUT a wow designed, well-built, handy, modern looking phone thats sleek and thin
    4. Push battery capacity to the LIMIT.
    5. Just take the latest and greatest Specs. If we take the Z10, just put a 4.6" 1080p screen in there (Too big? Wasted processing power? Can't distinguish 720 and 1080p anyway? TRUE, but average joe doesn't care. He wants THIS.). If an upcoming Android device is rumored to ship with a QSD800, ask Qualcomm for the QSD1000. The competition sports 2 gig of RAM? Take 4. They sport 4? Take 8. Just do it. Beat the Galaxy S5 and the HTC One2 in Benchmark tests by a +50% score. Nokia puts a PureView cam into their phones? Phone Nikon and Canon and send two engineers to them to figure out how to build a 21 MP DSLR into a phone thats 8 mm thick.

But the approach so far is "so we take these last years components that just reach whats needed and built it into a somehow nice looking phone and advertise some unique software experience features nobody will really care about".

I LOVE my Z10. But please BBRY, built a phone already that makes average joe smile on the first picture, at first glance, at first hands-on and also on the spec-sheet.

Posted via CB10 on my JUST FOR ME glorious Z10
    06-28-13 01:16 PM
    Next time I go to my local best buy its the first set of phones you see.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:29 PM
108 123 ...