Yup. While the offered fixes can restore pics to the image browser, the issue remains for new pictures. I'm also using internal memory until the official 3.1 roll out. Hope it gets fixed there :P
    P.

Posted with my awesome Z10 on Bell
    10-20-14 04:17 PM
    I guess I will do the same - wait for the official release and in the meantime use the file manager or internal storage.

Now I need to find a solution to the calendar sync issues
    Cheers
    10-21-14 01:21 AM
    Yup. While the offered fixes can restore pics to the image browser, the issue remains for new pictures. I'm also using internal memory until the official 3.1 roll out. Hope it gets fixed there :P
    P.

Posted with my awesome Z10 on Bell
    Mine Z10/STL100-2 on 10.2.2. SD card photos is problem too after 10.2.2 upgraded .I think is BlackBerry OS issues. mine previous 9860 BlackBerry on OS 7 has photos protection. The photos cannot open on non BlackBerry device or PC . I have been soaked SD card photos on Re loaded OS 10.2.2 for few weeks but never miracle!

Z10/STL2 BlackBerry 10
    10-21-14 03:01 AM
    I had a notification that last night an update took place on the device - release version now shows as 10.2.1.2977 ( unfortunately I do not recall what version was before ).

I am glad to report that this update has resolved the problem - I can now see a new picture saved on the SD card via the Picture app.

Hooray!

Back to square one !!! Only worked for a couple of days
    Last edited by stavrich; 10-27-14 at 10:05 AM.
    FF22 and rsbarretto like this.
    10-24-14 06:41 AM
    Ok. this was resolved in July, then just started showing up in the last couple of days. No OS updates, but do wonder if new app "Secure Antivirus Pro" is interfering. I am about to get rid of the thing and haven't decided. I am Z10. stock Verizon, 64g SanDisk. Meanwhile, I had to come back to this thread to remember what worked before.

I didn't have to work as hard at it as some. All I did was turn on Mass Storage (see post #39 from F1), open File Manager, Media Card, Camera and let it repopulate. Then turned off Mass Storage. What would I do without the great help at CB?
    awindsr likes this.
    11-07-14 01:35 PM
    Same issues with my Z10 right now... Picture Viewer is not responding....

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    12-27-14 03:07 AM
    I tried all possible recommended fixes here but nothing works. Downloaded an Android picture viewer app and problem solved. Shame on you BlackBerry! With the same old problems, I'll pass on buying the Classic or the Passport...

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    12-27-14 03:39 AM
    Mine has been working for a month or so without any problem. It just started working and I dont know why or how.
    I am not changing anything or even taking the SD card out.... to scare that it might go wrong again
    12-29-14 07:20 AM
    SInce I updated to 10.2.1, pictures that are taken and saved to the media card will not show up in the Pictures app. I have tried the following:

-A battery pull
    -Removing and reinserting the media card
    -Formatting the media card

None of which work. I know there are other threads about this issue on previous OSes but I wanted to post here to see if anyone has seen this issue since updating and to get a solution from the helpful CrackBerry gang.

-Bounce

EDIT (potential fix): GSM-S detailed how he got this fixed in his instructions below

EDIT 2: Here is dawnjc79's fix:

Good luck to anyone with this issue
    I had the same problem, photos on the m�dia card not showing up in the Pictures application. I followed GSM-S's instructions, now it works. I hope it stays that way. Thanks for the post!

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.0.908
    01-10-15 04:55 AM
    I used the last method above, as I did not want to un-attach my cover and take out the media card [?SD]... worked, but had to try looking on media card twice, at first, before the photos showed up as thumbnails. Now they do! Thanks.

In review, the method I used as suggested above was to go to Media Card settings, go way down to bottom of settings menu and turn USB "On", complete the task, then turn it "Off" again. I then "reset" the phone by turning if off, then on. It took two looks at media card to see the thumbnails, but there they are! EDIT 2: Here is dawnjc79's fix: that is what I did, I think and it worked for now, anyway. Just checked on "Pictures" app and that is okay now too, then checked back on File Manager view of Media Card, and that is okay still too, can see thumbnails.
    Last edited by janetdoyle; 01-17-15 at 01:13 PM. Reason: corrected my post
    01-17-15 01:02 PM
    Turning on and then off the USB setting seemed to fix it for me. I just installed the leak 10.1.3.2267 (OS) , 10.1.3.1581 (Release)
    I had tried a power off/on and that wasn't enough.

Step by step:
    connect to my computer via USB
    open "Storage and Access"
    "access using USB" set to on.
    ... folder opened on my computer...
    ... I opened the photos folder and the images started to appear.
    "access using USB" off
    "open pictures" and a progress bar appeared on the top of the screen with some text about indexing....
    And I can now see all the images in a preview format."
    02-23-15 12:39 PM
    BTW, this also fixed my ability to set the lock/home screen image. (10.1.3.1581( Release), 10.1.3.2267 OS) Leak install on Verizon Z10
    02-23-15 12:48 PM
    Nothing above has worked for me. Installed 10.3.1.1581. Whenever I open the pictures folder it says "scanning media card" but the blue line never moves. Any other suggestions?

I've pulled the battery, restarted, turned USB mass storage mode on/off, removed media card etc...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:26 PM
    Z30 10.3.1.1865

Was recently in Europe and took a lot of pictures that have some sentimental value. I know that they saved because I emailed a few of them to family while I was away. Got home today, opened the Pictures app, and they're nowhere to be seen. The only pictures there are a few old ones from long before my trip. Rebooted, removed and reinserted memory card several times (with phone off and on). No luck.

Plugged the card directly into a computer and they're not there either. I know I didn't delete them. Any help?
    05-13-15 11:09 AM
    Just went through Verizon Tech help which ended with no good solution. They consulted the forums which had suggestions from members which included removing the memory card and rebooting the phone etc. We tried the suggestions repeatedly and at best were able to save only one or two photos but that didn't fix the problem. Long story short I fixed the problem by repeatedly erasing the card and reformatting. It took four or five times and now the pictures save quickly and without fail. Thank God this nightmare is over. I really love the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 09:27 PM
    Just went through Verizon Tech help which ended with no good solution. They consulted the forums which had suggestions from members which included removing the memory card and rebooting the phone etc. We tried the suggestions repeatedly and at best were able to save only one or two photos but that didn't fix the problem. Long story short I fixed the problem by repeatedly erasing the card and reformatting. It took four or five times and now the pictures save quickly and without fail. Thank God this nightmare is over. I really love the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    I have been the media card cannot open photos issues. Some OP has suggested the media card need soaked in OS for sometimes and than able to read. Do you have back up at BlackBerry Link? I have never removed media card for update OS. Good luck!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 01:03 AM
    I tried all possible recommended fixes here but nothing works. Downloaded an Android picture viewer app and problem solved. Shame on you BlackBerry!
    I ended up doing exactly the same, installed an Android app and now can see photos saved straightaway without restarting the damn phone.
    04-25-16 01:26 PM
67 123