Hey CB I'm in serious need of help.

Lately my Z10 has been giving me major issues in regards to text messages and connectivity, and I need help deciding on weather it's my actual phones problem, or my carriers.

So, I'm on a locked Z10 on T-Mobile USA, running 10.1.0.4200.

My problem is I keep on having my text conversations ruined due to issues with the messages not coming through, not sending, getting sent in the wrong order, and having serious lag in coming through.
    There's also this one immensely annoying issue that just started today that prompted me to finally start this thread.
    People who tried to send me picture messages would send it once, but I would receive it or 7 or 8 times from each of them over the course of 3 or 4 hours and I can't take it. It just keeps coming. A reboot hasn't fixed the problem.

I can give examples of how each if these problems occur, because I don't believe it's all the same issue.

I will send a message to some one, and it will come up as failed to send/a red symbol showing that it's trying to send but is not working. I could have full bars of 4G, or wifi calling, and I will still have the issue. A hard reset or battery pull solves the problem.

During group chats, an entire conversation could be going on and I would be completely unaware of it. When I restart my phone, all the messages start coming through, but if you read them, it would appear that only some of the messages are actually coming through, because I only see parts of the conversation. Just random messages that were obviously replies to messages that didn't come through.

I also think my messages are being received late, although I don't have proof of this yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:27 PM
    Hey bobert

Honestly, probably a little of both. It's unfortunate that T-Mobile is still on 10.1 but with any luck they will be releasing 10.2.1 soon. If you are comfortable using, or learning, sachesi or auto loaders you can install it early. If it's an OS issue that *should* solve it. If possible I would delete your texts.

Before installing anything I would try to reach someone at the carrier that has a clue... I know that can be challenging with all carriers but try getting transferred straight to tech support. if they don't know what they are doing hang up and call back. Sometimes it's as simple as a new SIM or reprovisioning your data plan(not all reps know what that means.

While you are at it, go to the hub>menu>settings>text messages>advanced and check the settings there. A good rep should have them on hand, but you can also Google some.

Good luck, that's a tough issue.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-30-14 06:47 PM
    Hey bobert

Honestly, probably a little of both. It's unfortunate that T-Mobile is still on 10.1 but with any luck they will be releasing 10.2.1 soon. If you are comfortable using, or learning, sachesi or auto loaders you can install it early. If it's an OS issue that *should* solve it. If possible I would delete your texts.

Before installing anything I would try to reach someone at the carrier that has a clue... I know that can be challenging with all carriers but try getting transferred straight to tech support. if they don't know what they are doing hang up and call back. Sometimes it's as simple as a new SIM or reprovisioning your data plan(not all reps know what that means.

While you are at it, go to the hub>menu>settings>text messages>advanced and check the settings there. A good rep should have them on hand, but you can also Google some.

Good luck, that's a tough issue.
    Thanks for the reply.

I've decided to wait until 10.2.1 drops since it'll be hear by the end of February (hopefully).

I never thought about getting a new sim, but I think I'll try that as well.

If these don't fix my issues I'm just going to switch carriers, and possibly even get a new Z10 as these issues are unacceptable to me considering messaging is my #1 reason for owning a BlackBerry.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    01-30-14 07:17 PM
    I am with T-mobile too, have a Z10. I have the leaked 1925 and my phone has been working great. Installed the leak on my daughter's too and hers has been working fine. Not sure when T-mobile will get back to supporting BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:14 PM
    T-Mo does support Blackberry and they will drop 10.2 according to their reps. I will wait because I need wifi-calling. However, to the main question: I am on the same carrier running the same OS and having none of these issues. So, I would suspect the carrier. I am in So. California. Don't know where you are, but it may be a local issue.
    01-30-14 08:58 PM
    T-Mo does support Blackberry and they will drop 10.2 according to their reps. I will wait because I need wifi-calling. However, to the main question: I am on the same carrier running the same OS and having none of these issues. So, I would suspect the carrier. I am in So. California. Don't know where you are, but it may be a local issue.

I live in NYC, I'm really hoping it's a sim card issue as I havn't always had this issue

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:42 PM
    I am with T-mobile too, have a Z10. I have the leaked 1925 and my phone has been working great. Installed the leak on my daughter's too and hers has been working fine. Not sure when T-mobile will get back to supporting BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I hope soon. I'm seriously thinking about switching as the brand of phone I use is more important to me than my carrier

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:43 PM
    I live in Canada and my phone (Z10) is with Virgin Mobile (Bell Network) and my brother has a z10 with Wind Mobile (like T-Mobile in the U.S)

My phone received the update 10.2.1 on 28th this month and my brother did not get it. I simply swapped my SIM with him and he was able to download the update.

I think you can find someone on some other network and swap the SIM with him for 30 mins then you could get your software updated. But I see your phone is locked. Maybe you can unlock it for 20 bucks and do the update I think it's better than buying another phone.

I can assure you 10.2.1 will change your user experience for real. It's the best phone I have seen so far since I was iPhone and Android user for a long time.

Thanks

Adam
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    01-30-14 10:00 PM
    T-Mobile dropped 10.2.1 today bobert

http://berryflow.com/10-2-1-released...e-usa-z10-q10/

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:21 PM
    I live in Canada and my phone (Z10) is with Virgin Mobile (Bell Network) and my brother has a z10 with Wind Mobile (like T-Mobile in the U.S)

My phone received the update 10.2.1 on 28th this month and my brother did not get it. I simply swapped my SIM with him and he was able to download the update.

I think you can find someone on some other network and swap the SIM with him for 30 mins then you could get your software updated. But I see your phone is locked. Maybe you can unlock it for 20 bucks and do the update I think it's better than buying another phone.

I can assure you 10.2.1 will change your user experience for real. It's the best phone I have seen so far since I was iPhone and Android user for a long time.

Thanks

Adam
    Thanks. I considered doing something like that, but I need wifi calling and tmobile is the only carrier who offeres this.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:34 PM

http://berryflow.com/10-2-1-released...e-usa-z10-q10/

Posted via CB10
    This sucks I'm not seeing the update. I'll try using link when I get home,

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:35 PM

10.2.1 Released for T-Mobile USA Z10 & Q10 |

Posted via CB10
    I see a few people getting it. Most not. I'm not. But will wait to see if it pooches wifi-calling.
    01-31-14 05:37 PM
    I see a few people getting it. Most not. I'm not. But will wait to see if it pooches wifi-calling.
    Yeah I just checked link and am still not seeing it...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 06:23 PM
    Apparently it's only working for unlocked phones right now? I don't know, but hopefully it'll pop up soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:37 PM