Too damn bad if the IT Security Policy does not allow for "leaks" to be installed, eh?

"leaks" should not be required on a device that costs this damn much money. BTW, my phone is on a Canadian Carrier with only apps from BBW. No "leaks", no "side loads" and I'm about ready to drop kick the damn off the roof of the building.

If I knew the firm wouldn't bill me for it, and the replacement, I would.
    I was not addressing someone who got his/her phone from their employers IT dept.

I agree, leaks should not be required. I've said before that BlackBerry's quality control has taken a turn for the worst starting with the release of the PB. But the leaks are there, thanks to those kind enough to give their time to provide them, for those of us bound to carrier updates that don't come in a timely manner. Thank goodness for those people providing the leaks because by "leaking" them they have fixed a lot of people's issues in the interim.

With all due respect, perhaps you should discuss this matter more thoroughly with your IT dept.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:24 PM
    Care to direct me to where and how to dl the latest leaked OS, cause I'm ready to give it a go. Had major Sms issues for a week and contact info issues, reboots won't fix it and Rogers wants to send me a new phone. I'd bank on it being an OS issue and not hardware, and I certainly do not want a refurbished phone and someone else's problems.

Posted via CB10
    I believe this is the autoloader link I used. If you do a forum search for "stl100-3 2342 leak" you should find the directions there somewhere.. There is another leak out more recent than this so you may wish to check that one out before downloading this one.

https://mega.co.nz/#!x9t33Dzb!UVWZ0F...rOGl9zlYMe1iUw

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-06-13 08:28 PM
    BB user for many years ...yada yada yada .......

Bought Z10 when it first came out. Random reboot issue.
    Exchanged for a new one within the 14 days Verizon gives you.

20 days later had same issues only much worse. 10 to 15 reboots daily!
    Sent me a replacement. Same exact problem immediately!

I'm on my 4th Z10 since it came out!!!
    I really like this phone and just want it to work properly but I'm at wits end.

If this one doesn't work out I hate to say it but I might have to go into a different direction.
    I don't mean to sound like a smart ***, but how old is your sim card? Some here who had their reboot issues were tied to old sim cards.
    06-06-13 09:14 PM
    I don't understand how you guys get so many reboots and freezes... never ever have I had an issue with OS versions 4, 5 and 6. 7 had the most issues but not downright unbearable. My Z10 has not rebooted by itself in over a month. My phone freezes when I start Skype but then after launching the app I give it a minute or so, so it can start working without freezing the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 01:30 AM
    I got the Z10 on May 3rd with Verizon. I love the phone but the reboots are getting frustrating especially when I'm in the middle of a text or email. Have read some of the threads on here and I'm not sure about downloading/installing the latest leak software. It may fix the reboot problem but what else will stop working. Fix one thing but break another. I'll wait for Blackberry to push out the 10.1 software update.
    10.1 is already out, it's your carrier that is not pushing it yet.
    06-07-13 05:49 AM
    I do not get re-boots

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:55 AM
    I had a Verizon rebooter. I replaced it. I no longer have a rebooter. I guess a problem is many people thinking it is one thing causing all this, and not another. It could be crap software release, with some bad hardware. It makes it hard to pinpoint.

In my case, it really was crap hardware. Shortly I moved on to leaks of newer software, so that's no longer an issue for me. I was not waiting around for Verizon to release 10.1 that's for sure.

Best of luck OP. I don't have any good guesses for replacing it four times. The odds of 4 bad units are really slim it seems, unless you have the worst luck ever. Some people are put off by leaked OSs etc, but honestly, I don't think anything "blessed" means it's automatically imbued with some magical quality of stability (as is evidenced).

I haven't ran a stock OS on a BlackBerry in years. the one linked below is exceptionally stable. Seriously, it's worth a try.

from the thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...53/index2.html
    Thank you for this link and the encouragement. I might as well go ahead with the leak because I am really tired of waiting. I have only had a few reboots but still would like to move on to a better build than what I ha e. Thank you for your honest I formation and help.

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    06-07-13 07:20 AM
    Well opted to go to a leaked Os and all is well! Problem resolved! Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 12:34 PM
    The leak suggestions are all great, what if you use a Mac? Looks like we are hosed and at the mercy of our carrier.
    06-07-13 12:49 PM
    The leak suggestions are all great, what if you use a Mac? Looks like we are hosed and at the mercy of our carrier.
    I bootcamped my Mac so I could have a Windoz partition. Just to control my berry

06-07-13 01:00 PM
    I bootcamped my Mac so I could have a Windoz partition. Just to control my berry

I have been running VMware 4 with Windows XP Pro on my iMac 27 I5 for years and have never had an issue with any other device i.e. Samsung, HTC, LG etc. I have used odin, flashed firmware, rooted Android devices and I can't get the BB Link software to work with the z10? I am stumped. The BB link works fine is Mac OS but I can't use the autoloader function, oh well.
    06-07-13 01:04 PM
    Just FYI...

I PM'd Yanco about his Z10 and got no response.

Me thinks this is nothing more than a trolling attempt culminating in a free Z10 tease.

~STV
    06-07-13 09:44 PM
    Don't wanna hijack this thread, but looking at BBLink on my Mac......made me think of something.

Tell you the truth, to make it work with BBLink on a Mac, is entirely possible, if not feasible. Thus, we would be able to circumvent carrier dependency for bleeding edge updates. I have located the components of the firmware, radio and core OS, that are downloaded in bar (zip compressed) format on the Mac after which case they are decompressed to signed format. The signed (final) format is what BBLink recognizes and uses to flash your phone. If those components can be replaced with leaked components, this would mean that Mac users can flash their BlackBerry 10 devices with leaked firmwares using BBLink.

These said components are found compressed in bar files which are essentially a zip file. The only way one can get a hold of these bar files is by using sachup to retrieve them or sachibar to split an existing autoloader made for PCs.

Likely Problem: one of the reasons why it has taken so long for anyone to address this Mac issue may be for the fact that there is a fingerprint.dat file that sits alongside both the bar files downloaded by BBLink. Don't know how that particular file is used by BBLink, but fingerprint files are generally found encapsulated inside bar files when an app gets signed or downloaded from BlackBerry. At the time of flashing the device, the device runs a check against the fingerprint to verify authenticity of the signed files downloaded before it can loaded.

However, the only thing that would make this workaround chalkengingis whether BBLink checks for that fingerprint.dat file every time we flash our devices against some signed file or even our device at time of handshake? On the PC, autoloaders.exe have this built in if I'm not mistaken--correct me if I'm wrong, but I glared at the process of making an autoloader once. It's a hack job of hex editing so in theory, we can ignore that fingerprint.dat file on the Mac, and replace the bar files with leaked bars.

Anyone willing to test? I'll provide the files and location of where to drop them on the computer if willing.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 06-08-13 at 05:27 AM.
    06-08-13 04:23 AM
    I don't mean to sound like a smart ***, but how old is your sim card? Some here who had their reboot issues were tied to old sim cards.
    Sim card was replaced when I had the 2nd device.
    06-08-13 09:18 AM
    Sim card was replaced when I had the 2nd device.
    What firmware version?
    06-08-13 09:19 AM
    While software can be the issue here as evidenced by users reporting that the latest leaked OS build has fixed the reboot cycle another simple check is to make sure the battery terminals/pads are making solid contact between battery and phone. Partially unseated batteries or bent and corroded contacts cause this reboot problem as well and it's easy to fix.

Just a tip from someone that had this problem on two of my last legacy BlackBerry phones. My Z10 has been A rock star without a glitch.

Mike

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 09:39 AM
    Thank you for this link and the encouragement. I might as well go ahead with the leak because I am really tired of waiting. I have only had a few reboots but still would like to move on to a better build than what I ha e. Thank you for your honest I formation and help.

A guy named "lbfe"put it together; I am just a messenger. Also we can't forget a guy named Kris... he's been really patient and helpful to people in the threads. I just wish there were a more general audience for frustrated Verizon users -- not all will ever come to Crackberry, or even consider running a leak. People equate that with bad, wrong, unstable, "beta" whatever. Not true at all. It's far far better. Verizon is making the Z10 look bad, and that's just not right -- it's a wonderful device.

Anyway, it's the least I can do for someone who sent me a bazillion BBM emoticons 2-3 years ago. ;-)

Good luck; perhaps you've already got it running. It's so much easier than doing the old BBOS phones was. Seriously, I think they took some of the sport out of running leaked OSs!
    06-09-13 01:36 AM
    Don't worry mate, WWDC this upcoming Monday and you'll have a tool that working as intended.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:17 AM
    Don't worry mate, WWDC this upcoming Monday and you'll have a tool that working as intended.

Posted via CB10
    What the.....i thought it was a toy...

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    06-09-13 01:03 PM
    Mine too

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 01:16 AM
    Well get a new doctor for your patience

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:02 AM
121 ... 345