My patience is running thin with my Z10. First I had problem with empty folder which I could not delete. So i did backup data,did reload os, did security wipe and restore all backup data. This process takes good few hours. Now few days later all the sudden no android based apps want to load. So again i did backup data, did security wipe and restore all backup data. Again another few hours. But the backup copied corruption in settings or something like that because Android based apps still do not want to load.I had other problems with browser not loading pages or crashing for no good reason. My phone has installed official release of BB10 from my phone carrier. Honestly I do not want to support Google but I am really closed to just sell Z10 just like I sold Playbook and just get another phone. These things are extra annoying and frankly inexcusable. i do not have time nor patience to take few hours of my time to fix these issues. I can understand that with initial release OS will have bugs but it is been few months now and many issues should get fixed by now. Blackberry might be much smaller in comparison to Apple or Google or Microsoft but it is still multibillion dollar company and please do not tell me that this company has no resources to get things done. The only reason why i am not yet in store buying new phone is because i extremely like Blackberry Z10 keyboard and its multitasking and i do not feel like spending another few hundreds $$ on new phone. But if this keeps happening i will just get rid of it. I've been very loyal to Blackberry BB9000,BB9700,BB9810,Playbook,Z10. I have spent literally $200 or more on apps both on Playbook and now Z10. So no one can say that I did not support this company but Blackberry needs to stop releasing new phones and rather focus on fixing OS and getting those damn apps on board with Blackberry. I am seriously not surprised that Android or IOS users do not jump ship to Blackberry because Blackberry does not give them good reasons to do so. If Blackberry cannot get all apps now at least fix this OS so it is the best and it is bulletproof. Anyways, enough venting. Now i will have to try to fix this problem with the phone.
    07-13-13 07:37 AM
    Hi, might help if you break up that wall a little. Otherwise can't blame ya.
    07-13-13 07:44 AM
    Sorry to hear about all the trouble. That sounds very frustrating. Lots of issues are fixed in OS leaks like 10.0.1.4537. Depending on your carrier and OS what you see may be resolved with a new OS. My OS change with all apps reinstalled takes about 2.5 hours now. Enough times and the business is down to an art. Apps are always installed clean and not restored. Too many issues with restore for me.

Posted via CB10. Bits C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    azcatfan likes this.
    07-13-13 07:48 AM
    Paragraphs would help.

From the sound of it you've got a corrupted image/install. And when you took the backup, you backed that corruption up, so restoring that backup isn't the way to go.

You're probably looking at a factory reset then manually using BBWorld to reload apps. That's probably the safest approach given the chain of events, as best as I can make out.

It Sucks, but restoring bad data isn't going to fix the problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:48 AM
    Get playcloud you'll be able to delete any folder.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:56 AM
    Have you called BlackBerry support? You'll have to wait hours on the phone but it's probably better than coming on CrackBerry and putting up a rant.
    Rowan M likes this.
    07-13-13 08:05 AM
    Sorry to hear you are so upset.

It's because you restored your application data.

You need to restore only the settings. That will solve your problem with Android apps not playing.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:11 AM
    Another poster has already mentioned it and I agree that this is probably the case.
    The backup you made became corrupt, or something in the backup file is corrupted, so in essence all you are really doing is wiping the device and then putting back the same corrupt data which is causing issues.

I would try a factory reset, don't restore the backup, try and reinstall some of the apps your having issues with from BBWORLD and see if it still gives you issues.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    07-13-13 08:11 AM
    Have you called BlackBerry support? You'll have to wait hours on the phone but it's probably better than coming on CrackBerry and putting up a rant.
    they will not help. i am sure i can figure out the problem faster by myself. i already know that it is application data part of the backup that is corrupted. so i guess i will need to take backup from few days ago and then just restore settings portion separately (i have some changes in remember app and remember data is kept in settings not application data)

the point is that blackberry needs to come up with updates faster.
    07-13-13 08:12 AM
    Another poster has already mentioned it and I agree that this is probably the case.
    The backup you made became corrupt, or something in the backup file is corrupted, so in essence all you are really doing is wiping the device and then putting back the same corrupt data which is causing issues.

I would try a factory reset, don't restore the backup, try and reinstall some of the apps your having issues with from BBWORLD and see if it still gives you issues.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    i understand it is backup that is corrupted. why i do not get it is why i have to spend literally 2 hrs x 2 because phone got screwed up in less than a week. i just do not have time for this.
    07-13-13 08:14 AM
    Reload the operating system from scratch and don't restore anything. Try installing everything again, if that doesn't work, you're out of luck.

As for not giving users that much reason to move, you will always feel the grass is greener elsewhere. Android is only good once you get into it, running AOKP or MIUI. (if you don't at least run cyanogen mod, the OS kind of sucks. I've been running with Android since 2011 before BlackBerry 10) Also, what would make you go to Apple at all? The horrible software support for their phones? (have to use iTunes? For real?) or the phones themselves that have proprietary everything and make you look like you are a hipster.
    It's all perspective my friend

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:17 AM
    I feel your pain and you are correct that you should not have to jump through so many hoops just to get a phone to work.

Try reinstalling the OS. Then do a security wipe. Then setup everything by hand and not from a back up.

Best of luck.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-13-13 08:23 AM
    they will not help. i am sure i can figure out the problem faster by myself. i already know that it is application data part of the backup that is corrupted. so i guess i will need to take backup from few days ago and then just restore settings portion separately (i have some changes in remember app and remember data is kept in settings not application data)

Sounds like you figured out the issue yourself! You probably had a corrupt android port install. And BlackBerry is pumping out the updates. If you haven't received any blame your carrier!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX likes this.
    07-13-13 08:53 AM
    i understand it is backup that is corrupted. why i do not get it is why i have to spend literally 2 hrs x 2 because phone got screwed up in less than a week. i just do not have time for this.
    Why, because you probably reloaded your problem. Stuff happens when you use technology; sometimes despite your best efforts to the contrary. You spent more time on this forum complaining that you do not have the time to waste than it takes to fix the problem...not really, but you get what I am saying. I know it is your frustration speaking and that is okay.

Right now it is counterproductive to say you shouldn't have to do this. Whether you should or shouldn't won't fix this...it is what it is. you can either sit in your pool of frustration or you can do something about it. What you tried before didn't work, but what has been suggested probably will.

Do As others have suggested. Then restore your apps from My World of BlackBerry World. Hopefully you will be good to go from there. If it works, and it should, then the hour that it takes will be worth it. Your phone will work right, your frustration will be relieved, and you can pay it forward to someone else who posts on this forum that is having issues and is highly frustrated.

I understand your frustration. I have an inability to use remote file access since my last leak install. Link keeps giving me the error message that my BlackBerry ID is not associated with a BB10 device, when it is. Can't figure out how to fix it, and haven't received any answer from BlackBerry Help as of yet nor have I searched and discovered the answer on these forums. I desperately need this to function for my work. I am not giving up. It is frustrating, but the answer is out there. Maybe you know what it is. Just saying that this phone is great and it is worth the effort to get it right.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Last edited by newcollector; 07-13-13 at 11:11 AM.
    07-13-13 08:54 AM
    Although anecdotal, every business person I know that has migrated to Z10 or Q10 absolutely hates it. This does not bode well for sales of phones with OS10. Blackberry had better get the OS fixed and fast.....to me it is looking like a wreck. As for me, I have been using Blackberry's for years and still use a Torch that has never given me problems. My contract expires early November, and if I don't see a turn around in business and consumer sentiment, I won't gamble on migrating to a new platform that appears to just cause grief, frustration, and finally anger.
    07-13-13 09:39 AM
    Sounds like you figured out the issue yourself! You probably had a corrupt android port install. And BlackBerry is pumping out the updates. If you haven't received any blame your carrier!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483

Posted via CB10
    Yes i did and I knew I would. It is time consuming. But the real deal is that 99% users are not tech savy. They just need phonr that works for them well. If they come across this kind of issues it is hard to blame them to go back to android and ios which are more mature. BlackBerry does not really give users good reason to switch. If I had BlackBerry before than switched to ios for few years and now try new bb10 with these issues and lack of some apps i would more likely go back to ios or android or try windows phones

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:49 AM

Um. The point is, when you restore bad data over good, you get bad data. How does that have anything at all to do with BlackBerry's software update cycle?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:17 AM
    Yes i did and I knew I would. It is time consuming. But the real deal is that 99% users are not tech savy. They just need phonr that works for them well. If they come across this kind of issues it is hard to blame them to go back to android and ios which are more mature. BlackBerry does not really give users good reason to switch. If I had BlackBerry before than switched to ios for few years and now try new bb10 with these issues and lack of some apps i would more likely go back to ios or android or try windows phones

Posted via CB10
    Okay #1 99% of users don't have issues like yours.

#2 I encourage people to stay with a ecosystem if it meets their needs and if they are entrenched in it so be it. However there will come a time when iOS and Android will need to be Re written with new architecture so we will see how happy those users are when that rolls out in the next two years. And if they keep backwards compatibility.

#3 There are plenty of reasons to switch:
    Timeshift
    Multitasking
    Balance
    Security
    Enhanced BBM
    Keyboard
    Browser
    DLNA
    Etc....

#3 Apps are coming!

With the 4.2 runtime coming so will a lot of apps but most can get by with sideloads currently.

Most people are enjoying the fact that BlackBerry 10 is refreshing and understand that it is still growing unlike the other OS. So in that respect BlackBerry is ahead of the competition.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    eBud and Hamilton Guy like this.
    07-13-13 10:26 AM
    I already lost my patience.. now on galaxy note 2.. and i'm happy with it
    07-13-13 11:09 AM
    Although anecdotal, every business person I know that has migrated to Z10 or Q10 absolutely hates it. This does not bode well for sales of phones with OS10. Blackberry had better get the OS fixed and fast.....to me it is looking like a wreck. As for me, I have been using Blackberry's for years and still use a Torch that has never given me problems. My contract expires early November, and if I don't see a turn around in business and consumer sentiment, I won't gamble on migrating to a new platform that appears to just cause grief, frustration, and finally anger.
    Be careful about making conclusions based on a very small personal sample of business people you know. Like every phone, the Z10 does have some issues, most of which are being effectively dealt with through OS updates. You don't know me, but I am one business person that really likes his Z10 and what the BB10 platform can do.

I am one who came from the 9810 and I am so glad I did. The new OS takes a little getting used to, but once you use it extensively for a couple of weeks, you do not want to go back. At least that is my take on things.
    rcgZ10guy likes this.
    07-13-13 11:15 AM
    It is anecdotal. I am a business person, work as a consultant, and the Q10 is working great for me. I love the device, it helps me stay as productive as possible, and my ability to communicate is significantly increased.

Yes, there are more features and enhancements that I expect to be forthcoming, but overall I'm very pleased with this device.

So there goes your your survey, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:11 PM
    I hear ya OP.. I spend more hours a week trying to fix my Z10 then I do trying to make new sales for my business. Something is wrong with that

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 03:22 PM
    While I feel bad for the OP, most users will not run into this (or are very much less likely to run into it). You may ask why, but the simple truth? they are less likely to install Android ports, almost never sideload any apps, and they're just using the phone as it is, with whatever apps they've chosen to install from BB World.

Unfortunately, what BlackBerry probably has left out is really putting the pressure on testing the more technical user experience. While they've probably done some basic test this, test that scenarios, it doesn't seem to have been enough.

Sad but true.
    07-13-13 03:35 PM
    Um. The point is, when you restore bad data over good, you get bad data. How does that have anything at all to do with BlackBerry's software update cycle?

Posted via CB10
    Cut the guy some slack. He didn't corrupt the data; the BB10 OS did and BBRY gives you no way at all to simply backup /restore data selectively. That's not the OP's fault; it's BBRY's for building the most ridiculous desktop utility ever. BBLINK is a huge fail and a giant piece of turd - and if you've ever had go backup and restore files to a PC with even the crappiest of backup utilities, you'd realize that even they have the ability to selectively backup and restore files and folders.

The legacy OS was well known for this - users had full control of everything in terms of data backup and restore. How do you expect anyone to restore data without restoring the problem? Now, the OP has to waste more time to wipe / reload the OS, update it and then re-install his apps, one-by-one and even that process has been known to fail sometimes due to issues with Appworld not seeing the OS having been wiped - and subsequently refusing to even offer the apps to reinstall We won't even discuss the issues he is going to have with with lost data.

I've had this happen to me WITHOUT having installed any 3rd party apps, and it was a brutal process simply rebuilding the device. So bad in fact, that I live with the stupid issues I have today, because it's less of an evil than trying to recreate the data all over again.

Whoever designed the process over at BBRY has a half a brain and should have been fired for having created such an awful program with BBLINK. Not only is it a bad design, but it's bad code and often doesn't even run in many Windows environments...just do a search on BBLINK here on the boards and see just how many issues there are with it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-13-13 03:51 PM
    Okay #1 99% of users don't have issues like yours.

#2 I encourage people to stay with a ecosystem if it meets their needs and if they are entrenched in it so be it. However there will come a time when iOS and Android will need to be Re written with new architecture so we will see how happy those users are when that rolls out in the next two years. And if they keep backwards compatibility.

#3 There are plenty of reasons to switch:
    Timeshift
    Multitasking
    Balance
    Security
    Enhanced BBM
    Keyboard
    Browser
    DLNA
    Etc....

#3 Apps are coming!

With the 4.2 runtime coming so will a lot of apps but most can get by with sideloads currently.

Most people are enjoying the fact that BlackBerry 10 is refreshing and understand that it is still growing unlike the other OS. So in that respect BlackBerry is ahead of the competition.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Don't take me wrong. i like Z10 but i do not like having issues like that every second day. on good note. I do not know what i did but now battery life is seriously much better. i have not really have time to install any android based apps yet so perhaps they are major reason for battery drainage
    07-13-13 06:29 PM
44 12