So I'm sitting at supper and my little 10 year old brother asks me "Why don't I see your phone advertised anywhere, only Iphone and Galaxy?"
    If my little brother noticed a lack of advertising for Blackberry, there's a problem.
    My question is has Blackberry given up on Smartphones or do they have some sort of plan? Because the phones aint gonna sell themselves...
    02-10-14 10:35 PM
    Advertising really depends on where you live. If it's the U.S. you'll see far less then in some place like Canada.
    02-10-14 11:09 PM
    Advertising really depends on where you live. If it's the U.S. you'll see far less then in some place like Canada.
    I don't see anymore in Canada at all. As soon as Heins resigned I have not seen 1 commercial. Chen probably has his marketing team working on a different approach because the last commercials were awful

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-10-14 11:21 PM
    They do have a very strong presence with the ACC and the TML's. Lots of ads, a huge display section in the lobby, and their own BlackBerry corner in the seating area.

Everytime I'm at a Leafs game that's when i see the bulk of Z10s for the month, and it's a significant amount that i see considering i see nearly zero on a daily basis.

I've seen quite a few at the hospitals in the hands of doctors - sorry i know this has nothing to do with marketing loll.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:52 PM
    I don't see anymore in Canada at all. As soon as Heins resigned I have not seen 1 commercial. Chen probably has his marketing team working on a different approach because the last commercials were awful

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    He does. Chen is focusing on enterprise right now. He has his sales teams going directly to enterprise and government customers to sell them on BES rather than trying to sell handsets via commercials. This approach avoids any carrier interference.

Commercials don't really work too well when (in the US especially) it's pretty much guaranteed someone who sees your ad and goes into a carrier store to buy a BlackBerry will have the rep force them to buy just about any other phone in the store other than a BlackBerry and spread lies about the company being bankrupt etc.
    02-11-14 12:25 AM
    Yeah not much here in Canada at all anymore. In Toronto you'll still see many from previous signage deals from last year and prior.

I think commercials will come in time. Chen knows what he needs to do, and one commercial isn't the quick solution. Obviously print and TV presence is necessary, but I assume he probably wants to take his time to deliver a STRONG marketing direction for the future of BlackBerry.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-11-14 12:34 AM