Context: Been a BlackBerry guy since 2005 and been a two-Blackberry (i.e. work and personal) guy since 2007. About a year ago I became a member of an exclusive club - an iPhone user at work and a BlackBerry 9900 for my personal.

Now, when I had my iPhone 4s and my Bold 9900, life was good. I saw the need for the two phones - iPhone for music, apps, etc. and my BB was my standard device and made all the better because of the BBM and keyboard.

Current: running Z10 on the latest 10.2 leak, .1371 and have been loving it - great battery, 95% bugs fixed from previous 10.2 and rapid quick multi-tasking. A lot of my info below is based on the fact I'm on 10.2 - if you don't have it, get it.

Here's my listing of why, since the Z10 became my personal phone, I feel like my iPhone is a toy (and/or useless except for a few key apps which I'm hoping will come to BB soon enough):

1. Gestures/Keyboard: home button on iPhone seems superfluous and something that evolution (Darwin-style) will get rid of. Being able to swipe every which way is an efficiency gain. Most importantly for me, I love the fact the keyboard can be swiped down for special characters. I try that on my iPhone constantly only to realize that's not possible. Add in the BB's swipe left to delete words and my iPhone has smudge marks as if it was gesture-based when, in reality, it is very much not. The keyboard itself on the iPhone feels clunky and weirdly spaced - the BB's is incredible, I'm actually quicker at typing on my Z than on my 9900. The flick typing is a little bit to get used to and I definitely do not use it with two hands. But it's my 'go-to' for one-handed typing, especially when just waking up and lying in bed on one side trying to respond to messages from throughout night/AM.
    2. The Hub/Notifications: not having to come and go from apps or inboxes to send, receive or edit communications is ridiculously amazing. In iPhone I don't have priority hub, I don't have everything in one place and I definitely do not have the ability to start communications threads in any medium (e.g. Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.) from one place. The 'attachments' icon in the hub is also incredible if you get loads of emails with attached docs, pics, etc. - what a huge time saver especially when traveling and having multiple boarding passes to get to.
    3. Active Frames: the concept is totally about multi-tasking. It's a simply notion that makes it easy to do multiple things at once with simply one swipe up or over. iPhone is home button pressing, swipe overs, double tapping home button to get to or out of apps (and to close them). Annoying.
    4. Add-ons: iPhone is what it is. No SD cards, no easy SIM swapping, no battery replacements (i.e. I have the battery pack bundle which is incredible). BB has all three and once more apps and customization programs appear, the software side will start to keep pace with the hardware side.
    5. Browser: iPhone is clunky and too much scrolling. BB has the address bar at the bottom so it's easily accessible with one hand. The browser is much faster than Safari and the reader mode is cleaner.

Have at 'er folks, these are the reasons why I wouldn't be upset to now have my iPhone replaced by the Q10 for work purposes...
    croman, fmb8, dusdal and 9 others like this.
    08-24-13 12:45 PM
    Good article! Since the last update fixed the reboot issues, I have been enjoying the many conveniences of my z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:09 PM
    Great to hear. I love threads like this, but it also bothers me at the same time. I have several iphone users who seem to think that they still have the superior device, when in reality, the Z10 would tear it to shreds in terms of functionality and productivity!
    BlackBerry has built an amazing phone, but not many people know it. Glad to hear that your loving your Z, now we just need to spread the word, if it's not too late. This OS is the best on the market, and deserves credit and recognition.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    miker476 likes this.
    08-24-13 01:18 PM
    Well written post, couldn't agree more!! I still struggle to comprehend how more people aren't choosing BB10. I know in my office most people used BB's & I thought those who haven't upgraded before the BB10 launch would easily upgrade to it. Alas, not the case. Most have chosen ios & I'm one of 2 in an office of 60+ with a BB10 device. If these OS upgrades keep coming & the phone keeps pace, I'm hopeful that the next upgrade cycle will bring people back. So many have bad memories of older devices but trying to get it into their heads that BB10 is completely different is like pulling teeth!! I've given up talking about it at the office and resorted to simply making fun of them, LOL!
    It's nice however, receiving emails from colleagues outside my office that read at the bottom... sent from my blackberry 10 device!

KEEP MOVING !!
    08-24-13 01:39 PM
    Great article! You wrote all for which we love the 10 phone!

Sent from my Z10
    08-24-13 01:46 PM
    This is so true. Now if only reviewers would spend more than 5 minutes with the Z they would see that too.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:02 PM
    I just realized I didn't even comment on toast notifications and the ability not just to see the message/who it's from (iPhone) but actually reply without leaving your task/app! Likely the greatest improvement in 10.2. That and on the latest leak the lock screen notifications that you can touch to get message preview. Love this phone!

Posted by tapping on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10
    08-24-13 02:04 PM
    Well said, I had a s3 before my z10 and the s3 UI was as much of a disaster as the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 02:15 PM
    This is so true. Now if only reviewers would spend more than 5 minutes with the Z they would see that too.

Posted via CB10
    How true is this! I hate when people play 10 minutes and think they know everything or even enough to make an educated choice as to which is better!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:08 PM
    Context: Been a BlackBerry guy since 2005 and been a two-Blackberry (i.e. work and personal) guy since 2007. About a year ago I became a member of an exclusive club - an iPhone user at work and a BlackBerry 9900 for my personal.

Now, when I had my iPhone 4s and my Bold 9900, life was good. I saw the need for the two phones - iPhone for music, apps, etc. and my BB was my standard device and made all the better because of the BBM and keyboard.

Current: running Z10 on the latest 10.2 leak, .1371 and have been loving it - great battery, 95% bugs fixed from previous 10.2 and rapid quick multi-tasking. A lot of my info below is based on the fact I'm on 10.2 - if you don't have it, get it.

Here's my listing of why, since the Z10 became my personal phone, I feel like my iPhone is a toy (and/or useless except for a few key apps which I'm hoping will come to BB soon enough):

1. Gestures/Keyboard: home button on iPhone seems superfluous and something that evolution (Darwin-style) will get rid of. Being able to swipe every which way is an efficiency gain. Most importantly for me, I love the fact the keyboard can be swiped down for special characters. I try that on my iPhone constantly only to realize that's not possible. Add in the BB's swipe left to delete words and my iPhone has smudge marks as if it was gesture-based when, in reality, it is very much not. The keyboard itself on the iPhone feels clunky and weirdly spaced - the BB's is incredible, I'm actually quicker at typing on my Z than on my 9900. The flick typing is a little bit to get used to and I definitely do not use it with two hands. But it's my 'go-to' for one-handed typing, especially when just waking up and lying in bed on one side trying to respond to messages from throughout night/AM.
    2. The Hub/Notifications: not having to come and go from apps or inboxes to send, receive or edit communications is ridiculously amazing. In iPhone I don't have priority hub, I don't have everything in one place and I definitely do not have the ability to start communications threads in any medium (e.g. Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.) from one place. The 'attachments' icon in the hub is also incredible if you get loads of emails with attached docs, pics, etc. - what a huge time saver especially when traveling and having multiple boarding passes to get to.
    3. Active Frames: the concept is totally about multi-tasking. It's a simply notion that makes it easy to do multiple things at once with simply one swipe up or over. iPhone is home button pressing, swipe overs, double tapping home button to get to or out of apps (and to close them). Annoying.
    4. Add-ons: iPhone is what it is. No SD cards, no easy SIM swapping, no battery replacements (i.e. I have the battery pack bundle which is incredible). BB has all three and once more apps and customization programs appear, the software side will start to keep pace with the hardware side.
    5. Browser: iPhone is clunky and too much scrolling. BB has the address bar at the bottom so it's easily accessible with one hand. The browser is much faster than Safari and the reader mode is cleaner.

Have at 'er folks, these are the reasons why I wouldn't be upset to now have my iPhone replaced by the Q10 for work purposes...
    A concise and valuable evaluation of your experience. You sir are a credit to CB and BB.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 Uk
    rjk123 likes this.
    08-24-13 04:30 PM
    This is the same exact way I feel about my iPod touch.
    08-24-13 07:52 PM
    And just one more reason: SIDELOADING -- now available, thanks to the BerryLeaks team, WITHOUT THE NEED FOR DEBUG TOKENS. Go check out their thread on the topic. I'm more in love with the phone now... virtually every app I want/need works including Vonage, PayPal, Subway Surfer, etc.!!

Enjoy.
    08-25-13 02:42 AM
    This is 100% accurate. There are some additional things that I like when it comes to music.
    It's much easier to put a load of music into it (don't worry, it's all paid mp3 over the years). I just switch to mass storage mode and put it directly on my SD card and I like the music player with the big album arts. Even if android does the same very good job here, I couldn't imagine using it because of the work(not)flow. Thus z10 is much ahead of everything with 10.2 on it

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 02:57 AM