Just met up with a long time friend of mine who owns a GS3 and never seen a Z10 before. he was swiping around the app drawer and then pulls down on the screen to reveal the shortcut settings, hides them and then the screen froze. it wasnt responding to any of my commands, but odd thing is the volume rocker still functions as indicated on the screen. I was scared that the touchscreen digitizer was broken somehow. Weird, but in return I crashed his GS3 in no time

I restarted it by holding the power button for 10 seconds and on the second go, he went crazy on it and it held up like a champ.
    Any ideas what was going on?
    02-24-13 03:29 PM
    Stuff happens.

Not the Z10's fault or your friends. It's technology, bound to have hiccups.
    02-24-13 03:33 PM
    How did you crash his GS3?
    tharrison4815 likes this.
    02-24-13 03:36 PM
    How did you crash his GS3?
    well it didnt really crash, more like a hiccup. but he was pretty speechless like I was earlier. I went into his play store, updated an app and pressed open from it. didnt open. closed play store, open it from the app drawer, didnt open again, in fact it opened up the play store again lol. had to close all his apps to get it working again.
    02-24-13 03:44 PM
    I just opened and hid the setting shortcuts like 50 times, and nothing happened lol. It was probably just a one time thing. We're there any apps running in active frames?
    02-24-13 03:48 PM
    I just opened and hid the setting shortcuts like 50 times, and nothing happened lol. It was probably just a one time thing. We're there any apps running in active frames?
    my usual of settings (for the battery %) and BBM. that is all.
    02-24-13 04:15 PM
    well it didnt really crash, more like a hiccup. but he was pretty speechless like I was earlier. I went into his play store, updated an app and pressed open from it. didnt open. closed play store, open it from the app drawer, didnt open again, in fact it opened up the play store again lol. had to close all his apps to get it working again.
    Honestly, all of Samsung products are crap... Except maybe their refrigerators
    susan_f likes this.
    04-10-13 05:29 AM
    Their tvs are alright

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-10-13 05:46 AM
    That's Murphy, a good friend of mine too Z10 runs buttery smooth whenever I'm using it, but once I wanted to show it to my friend, the calendar froze on start (it just loaded the background, but not the content). Also when showing off my PlayBook to another friend, it rebooted randomly for no reason. This stuff happens

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 05:55 AM
    Nothing is perfect, my Z10 hung once in the 1 month that I had it a few days ago for no apparent reason. I was watching Game of Thrones when it suddenly hung. Video died first, while audio kept playing, a few seconds later even that died. Swiping, volume rocker, etc all stopped working. Had to hold the power button to do a forced restart. I wasn't running anything else other than the video player, no apps in active frame. Other than that, the phone has been superb, and I have not encountered the same problem since.
    04-10-13 06:08 AM
    yeah, mine too. everything runs smooth except these 2:
    1. after backing up my data to BBLink, for about 5 mins i feel the phone is a bit laggy and for some reason my previous FB chats which i have deleted suddenly come back so i need to delete them again! and perhaps that's the culprit which takes some of the processing power
    2. i tried to save a XLS file from the email straight away to my dropbox. suddenly the screen froze so i couldn't access the Hub, but the phone was still working except i couldn't get back to the Hub until i restarted the Hub and re-did it again. it finally worked.

well.. hiccups happen sometimes..
    04-10-13 06:50 AM
    Not the Z10's fault
    lol
    04-10-13 07:29 AM
    Never locked or had to reset yet.

My Nexus 7 on the other hand needs to be rebooted weekly.

Find bb10 very stable.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:32 AM