This is going to sound mean, but as I previously stated before, what are the odds that you are lucky enough to have 4 break in a row from manufacture defects? Let's assume that 1 in every 1000 is defected, which is VERY HIGH and a very bad QC check.
    So the chance of that happening to you are 1/1000^4, or 1 in every 1,000,000,000,000, 1 in every Trillion!
    I'm fairly certain that BB doesn't even have that many devices sold
    I'm usually inclined to say that it's more likely a user specific mal-use
    Thinking the exact same thing...
    12-06-13 03:13 PM
    hmmmmmmmm?
    12-06-13 03:14 PM
    The S3 is a solid phone. I would have suggested the iPhone 5/5s but you're in decent hands w/ Samsung. I usually give a device 2 shots and then i pull the plug.

Even if the dead phones are your fault, no device should die like that unless you're dropping it in water.

Don't forget to download BBM for android and you'll be set.
    12-06-13 03:16 PM
    I'm still only in my first z10. Which was purchased in launch say in Canada, so about 10 months.
    I have abused the **** out of this thing. It's been dropped, wet, loaded with leaks, wiped, Side loaded to all hell, everything I can think of and I can't get this thing to break.
    What am I doing wrong?

12-06-13 03:19 PM
    If I was offered a Z30 for my Z10, I'd take it. Further, if I had an upgrade coming, then I would choose the more expensive phone now and upgrade with the cheaper phone later - less money out of pocket.
    12-06-13 03:19 PM
    A device that fails because of older software is still a device that fails.
    So if Blackberry releases a newer version to fix problems, you don't download it and it fails, it's Blackberry's fault as they didn't drop by your house or work to install it for you. Please take responsibility for your own actions will you.
    jusaread and bungaboy like this.
    12-06-13 03:20 PM
    We have 817 employees with which 386 of them have z10's we have only had 6 that we returned for repair. 4 was dropped in the toilet, one was left on top of a car and the employee drove off and it hit the street, the other was stepped on. To have 4 units go bad with one user sounds wacked. Not saying it could not happen. I been in IS long enough to retract that statement but I am inclined to tell you not to go out in the rain.. lol Sorry for your sad misfortune and did you break any mirrors in the past 7 years? Just kidding.. Still wacked though.. Better luck next phone model.. Doubt that will help but you can always be optimistic..

akawarrior
    12-06-13 03:23 PM
    S3 has the infamous emmc bug, which results in "sudden death" syndrome... beware.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz and Paisley Pirate like this.
    12-06-13 03:28 PM
    So if Blackberry releases a newer version to fix problems, you don't download it and it fails, it's Blackberry's fault as they didn't drop by your house or work to install it for you. Please take responsibility for your own actions will you.
    I do take responsibility...and the fact that updated software is released simply shows that the manufacturer does as well. It speaks to their follow up, and is certainly a positive. But nothing more. It certainly doesn't change the fact that they let an inferior product out the door to begin with. Look at your first sentence (I've taken the liberty of bolding it for you)...who do you suppose is at fault for those problems that need to be fixed?
    12-06-13 03:29 PM
    My fourth Z10 died today. This one was not plugged into any charger. I was opening the lock screen and the phone went dark. Took it to Verizon and they could not revive it. They offered to replace it at no cost with (1) a Z30, (2) a Samsung Galaxy S3, or (3) a Razrr Max. I initially opted for the Z30, but thought about it and decided to get the S3 - yes for the apps (including Pandora) - plus I am really tired of Z10's dying on me and am concerned that the Z30 might do the same. My plan upgrade will be avaialable at the end of January 2014, at which time I will try to figure out what will work best for me. There just comes a point . . . . . .

So back to my Bold 9930 until the S3 arrives on Monday. My old totally reliable Bold
    Dont blame BB because you keep frying your phones because you don't how to use it.
    12-06-13 03:30 PM
    Usb charging is site ****e

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 03:31 PM
    I do take responsibility...and the fact that updated software is released simply shows that the manufacturer does as well. It speaks to their follow up, and is certainly a positive. But nothing more. It certainly doesn't change the fact that they let an inferior product out the door to begin with. Look at your first sentence (I've taken the liberty of bolding it for you)...who do you suppose is at fault for those problems that need to be fixed?
    Like this doesn't happen with any phones regardless of brand...Jesus...
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-13 03:32 PM
    I call b.s.
    Ive had 9 iPhones and 31 Androids, all of 'em defective. Couldn't do a thing with 'em. All my friends have Z10s, its just embarrassing when we go fishin. I couldn't get no bars, even when we was in a bar! Im just gonna havta get me one of them Z10s, its the only phone everyone agrees works best! Haha! Go ahead, fact check me! LOL!
    ssinghb likes this.
    12-06-13 03:35 PM
    I think your charger or one of your chargers is breaking your Z10 down. I had I twice before I knew what the reason was.

The rest of the story, Sim card theory and choosing a S3? BS in my opinion.

I am using a Q10 as daily driver + a Z10 for backup and I cannot do without them!

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 + Q10 SQN100-3 + Apple IPad Mini 3G + Lenovo Ultrabook SSD (+ Playbook 32GB not in use). Carriers MVNO Netherlands and DTAC Thailand.
    12-06-13 03:35 PM
    This is going to sound mean, but as I previously stated before, what are the odds that you are lucky enough to have 4 break in a row from manufacture defects? Let's assume that 1 in every 1000 is defected, which is VERY HIGH and a very bad QC check.
    So the chance of that happening to you are 1/1000^4, or 1 in every 1,000,000,000,000, 1 in every Trillion!
    He doesn't get a "new" phone each time he goes in to Verizon. The replacement device is usually a "refurbished" device that was defective prior and returned to the manufacturer to be "fixed".

And my experience with tech has indeed yielded situations where 90% of the "refurbished" devices from major OEMs turn out to be not refurbished at all and defective. The Dell Latitude 10s from the Dell Outlet is one example. (And Dell is actually stupid enough to provide a warranty on these refurbished products.)

Blackberry certainly doesn't have an impeccable history of quality control so its believable that many of the defective original Verizon Z10s that had rebooting issues or whatever were returned to Blackberry and sent back to Verizon as is.

If you frequent deal sites, you will hear many stories about consumers exchanging this or that tech product for the 3rd or 4th time. One of the only tech companies that actually fixes up its refurbished devices is Apple. That is why you need to be extra careful when buying refurbished products even sold directly from major OEMs.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 12-06-13 at 04:06 PM.
    12-06-13 03:53 PM
    4? Four? IIII?

Wonder what the statistical probabilities of that are?
    12-06-13 03:57 PM
    You can't leave the phone plugged in all the time. Just my $0. 02.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, SethDove and loyalIND like this.
    12-06-13 03:59 PM
    Oh please. iOS 7 has had how many releases for problem fixes now? Software always has issues. Windows used to have multiple patches per week. It is up to you to get the new fixes. If they aren't applied and someone is complaining, then they are to blame.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-13 04:06 PM
    yea cause they are gonna reactivate each and every sim you get? hell no... they just popped your old 1 in.....
    12-06-13 04:13 PM
    I had a similar issue with my BB Torch. Typical usage and wear and tear, a stock charger that I used everyday and one day it
    just curled up and died, just as i was typing on it. After numerous attempts to revive it, reflash the OS etc I took it in to the store
    (AT&T) because it was still under the 1 yr factory warranty. They too, were unsuccessful in reviving it and gave me a replacement
    (brand new) Torch. The tech who was in the store told me that it was due to power quality and suggested using a good surge
    suppressor with the wall outlet and an approved charger. He said that they have seen similar failures on USB devices across
    all platforms (Android, BB, iOS) because (unfortunately!!) people don't pay attention to the type of charging pods they use
    (any USB at hand will work for a quick charge).
    SethDove likes this.
    12-06-13 04:22 PM
    OK. Move along then. The odds of this being an hardware issue are better than the lotto. I haven't seen one BB10 device in our company "fail" that wasn't because of user error. They either didn't plug it in over a long weekend and didn't use the correct charger to get it back up and running, they dropped it, or didn't bother to update the software an complained it wasn't working. Those people who I updated to the latest software and told them how to use it, they never had problems.
    Well good for you but I hope I'm there to laugh in your face when your BB takes a dump. I loved the Z10 very much and took excellent care of it. Didn't install any leaks, never dropped, always in a case, only charged with the original charger. All software updates current. Even had the latest version of link. So no excuses, their phones are just unreliable. Take it from the user who started this post, it happens. BB is not perfect and they are in this situation for a reason. Poor management across all levels. I'm done making excuses for them. If a product sucks it just sucks. Hopefully in a year they will make a comeback.
    amjass12 likes this.
    12-06-13 04:28 PM
    Well good for you but I hope I'm there to laugh in your face when your BB takes a dump. I loved the Z10 very much and took excellent care of it. Didn't install any leaks, never dropped, always in a case, only charged with the original charger. All software updates current. Even had the latest version of link. So no excuses, their phones are just unreliable. Take it from the user who started this post, it happens. BB is not perfect and they are in this situation for a reason. Poor management across all levels. I'm done making excuses for them. If a product sucks it just sucks. Hopefully in a year they will make a comeback.
    Let's see, I have 6 BB10 (Z10 x 2, Z10LE, Q10 x 2 and Z30) devices and they all work with no problems. Someone else like the OP and you have 4 devices each and they all fail. The odds of it being a device issue and not a user or FUD issue is so remote that you and the OP should never buy a lotto ticket. There is an explanation for it and it is not defective hardware.

One thing I see a lot from people who had problem like this, is that a vast majority of them are using Verizon. you got to look at the common denominator to solve problems. I could be something in their network that is causing the problem.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-06-13 04:41 PM
    I'm fairly certain that BB doesn't even have that many devices sold
    I'm usually inclined to say that it's more likely a user specific mal-use
    I don't know... when we carried blackberry, the Verizon model gave us a lot of issues. Half of our units were defective. We may have just gotten a bad shipment but even the second shipment had a few bad devices. We didn't have any issues with the Verizon Q10 or any of the bb10 devices on any other carrier.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 04:46 PM
    Let's see, I have 6 BB10 (Z10 x 2, Z10LE, Q10 x 2 and Z30) devices and they all work with no problems. Someone else like the OP and you have 4 devices each and they all fail. The odds of it being a device issue and not a user or FUD issue is so remote that you and the OP should never buy a lotto ticket. There is an explanation for it and it is not defective hardware.

One thing I see a lot from people who had problem like this, is that a vast majority of them are using Verizon. you got to look at the common denominator to solve problems. I could be something in their network that is causing the problem.
    Too bad that's a great theory if only I was on Verizon. AT&T
    12-06-13 04:55 PM
    Are you sure you just don't have a black cloud over your head? I've had my Z10 since day one with 0 issues, even with all the leaks.
    12-06-13 05:02 PM
162 1234 ...