My fourth Z10 died today. This one was not plugged into any charger. I was opening the lock screen and the phone went dark. Took it to Verizon and they could not revive it. They offered to replace it at no cost with (1) a Z30, (2) a Samsung Galaxy S3, or (3) a Razrr Max. I initially opted for the Z30, but thought about it and decided to get the S3 - yes for the apps (including Pandora) - plus I am really tired of Z10's dying on me and am concerned that the Z30 might do the same. My plan upgrade will be avaialable at the end of January 2014, at which time I will try to figure out what will work best for me. There just comes a point . . . . . .

So back to my Bold 9930 until the S3 arrives on Monday. My old totally reliable Bold
    I think you should buy lottery since you are lucky in picking items. No offense, but we have 3 Z10 at home bought at 3 different times and no problems. Two are running official 10.2 (from Rogers since AT&T has not released it) and mine tuning 10.2.1. I would expect to run into troubles with mine, but not even with the beta OS. Good luck with your S3 after your track record. =0)
    12-07-13 11:04 AM
    This is going to sound mean, but as I previously stated before, what are the odds that you are lucky enough to have 4 break in a row from manufacture defects? Let's assume that 1 in every 1000 is defected, which is VERY HIGH and a very bad QC check.
    So the chance of that happening to you are 1/1000^4, or 1 in every 1,000,000,000,000, 1 in every Trillion!
    I'm fairly certain that BB doesn't even have that many devices sold
    I'm usually inclined to say that it's more likely a user specific mal-use
    Good one! He definitely should buy lottery since he seems to have a lucky streak. =0)
    12-07-13 11:06 AM
    I gave up on my Z10 on Thursday after the latest failure in which all my sound profiles failed. On Thursday alone I missed 8 calls because my phone didn't ring or vibrate or the LED didn't come on and my call screen failed. I also didn't get a single voice mail alert all day necessitating my having to randomly check at various points of the day. All profiles had at least the ringer and LED on, a couple also had vibrate on too so why they wouldn't work I have no idea. And before anyone asks, the volume was set at about 75%. This is after months of mostly minor failures that have had me questioning my Z10's reliability, but I've also had 2 major failures along the way too. In total, my phone has been back to BlackBerry 3 times for over 8 weeks where I didn't have access to it. 2 out of the 3 times it came back NFF.

I have been a big booster of the Z10 even while putting up with various issues, I've just reach the end of my tether with it. I love the Z10 in theory, in theory it's by far the best device I've had, in practise though its left very wanting. Picked up an S4 on Thursday and activated it yesterday. I'm not happy about it, I'd rather have my Z10 running reliably, but as I said in another thread, I'd rather have a Samsung that works than a BlackBerry that doesn't
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-07-13 11:12 AM
    No problems on my Z10s. And i am a really heavy user (3-4h of calls daily, 100 email messages, social networks etc).
    The only issue for me is battery...

Sent via SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    12-07-13 11:20 AM
    I use both a Z10 and a Note 3. They both work just fine , Note 3 is for multimedia, browsing while the Z10 is for email,bbm,calendar and work...

Sent via SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    12-07-13 11:24 AM
    I gave up on my Z10 on Thursday after the latest failure in which all my sound profiles failed. On Thursday alone I missed 8 calls because my phone didn't ring or vibrate or the LED didn't come on and my call screen failed. I also didn't get a single voice mail alert all day necessitating my having to randomly check at various points of the day. All profiles had at least the ringer and LED on, a couple also had vibrate on too so why they wouldn't work I have no idea. And before anyone asks, the volume was set at about 75%. This is after months of mostly minor failures that have had me questioning my Z10's reliability, but I've also had 2 major failures along the way too. In total, my phone has been back to BlackBerry 3 times for over 8 weeks where I didn't have access to it. 2 out of the 3 times it came back NFF.

I have been a big booster of the Z10 even while putting up with various issues, I've just reach the end of my tether with it. I love the Z10 in theory, in theory it's by far the best device I've had, in practise though its left very wanting. Picked up an S4 on Thursday and activated it yesterday. I'm not happy about it, I'd rather have my Z10 running reliably, but as I said in another thread, I'd rather have a Samsung that works than a BlackBerry that doesn't
    For the sound profiles it is probably not set right.
    From the hub, go in it's settings. Check those.
    Check EVERYTHING.

Next, swipe from the top to get settings. Check everything in ACCOUNTS, etc. Basically you have to check EVERYWHERE in the phone on any button that can be pushed or any option you can select. I will put money on it that your settings aren't right.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:07 PM
    For the sound profiles it is probably not set right.
    From the hub, go in it's settings. Check those.
    Check EVERYTHING.

Next, swipe from the top to get settings. Check everything in ACCOUNTS, etc. Basically you have to check EVERYWHERE in the phone on any button that can be pushed or any option you can select. I will put money on it that your settings aren't right.

Posted via CB10
    Sound profiles were all correctly set, I do know what I'm doing when it comes to this sort or thing but thanks for the advice. It wasn't just phone calls, either, it was everything, emails, BBMs, SMS, etc, but I could work around those and they weren't so urgent. Nothing was working despite being on and set correctly. Master volume was on and set to about 75% too. This is the straw that broke the camel's back, too many issues popping up all the time, I couldn't trust my device anymore.

S4 is now active and the Z10 relegated to a drawer. I will miss it but only the reliable, functioning version that I got to see so little of.
    12-07-13 01:20 PM
    I am on my 4th Z10 since June. The 1st one started dropping calls after about 2 months, no matter where I was. The refurb from VZ that was my 2nd would not vibrate most times for any of the notifications. The times that it did, it wasn't the way I set it up to work. I loaded one of the newer leaks and it made no difference. The 3rd one was pretty much dead out of the box from VZ, another refurb. I could not get to the Hub at all. The current one I have has been fairly decent running 10.2.1791. Waiting for the next leak before I go 10.2.1. VZ has my account noted that if this one fails, I can get an S3 and not have it count towards a new phone. I know its an old model, but by #3, I was totally frustrated with the phone. I cannot get a new upgrade until 2/15 at the earliest.
    12-07-13 01:20 PM
    I call b.s.
    Enough said, I'm afraid.
    12-07-13 01:32 PM
    There is no way that this is a device problem. The odds make it a usage problem. .
    Hopefully you had a better Stats professor than this next guy. I'm guessing not, though.

So the chance of that happening to you are 1/1000^4, or 1 in every 1,000,000,000,000, 1 in every Trillion!
    "There are 3 kinds of lies - lies, damn lies and statistics" (Mark Twain)

It would be hard to enumerate everything that's wrong with this post. Let's just take one of the most obvious things. The first defective phone was likely replaced by a refurb, not a new device. Therefore, your line of reasoning wanders off into fanboy fantasyland. I won't even get into the other conceptual errors contained in your assertion.

As usual, the head-in-the-sand brigade is out in full force. BBRY traded below $6 on Friday. Wasn't the Dow up 200?

When's the next ER, January? Should be sad/funny to watch these believers twisting and twirling as they try to spin the Z30 numbers into yet another good news story for BBRY. You guys don't deserve a guy like Chen, who may actually be able to salvage something from this train wreck.
    Last edited by mset; 12-07-13 at 03:14 PM.
    niss63 likes this.
    12-07-13 01:45 PM
    It's kind of scary reading this as the same thing just happened to me. 3 Z10's have died on me in the same manner you described. Exactly! I just spend 3 days on the line with Blackberry tech support. Blackberry refused to honor there one year warranty on the phone which I purchased brand new through Amazon. I had this last Z10 for 4 months before it went black. I had the worst experience ever with customer support dealing with Blackberry. A disgrace that they wouldn't even honor there one year warranty. I'm done with Blackberry, absolutely finished! Never again will I purchase or advise anybody to buy one of their phones. Sad because I loved my Z and have always been a loyal BB fan. The way they treated me was completely a disgrace.

I just purchased a Moto X via the holiday promotion. Couldn't be happier. I can still use BBM and Flexsy Keyboard via Google Play is identical to the BB keyboard if not better. I'm done with BB, sorry but no wonder this company is going down the drain. Sad but they are doing it to themselves screwing over loyal customers and building faulty porducts.
    If you buy off Amazon, there IS NO warrantee.
    12-07-13 03:28 PM
    Hopefully you had a better Stats professor than this next guy. I'm guessing not, though.

"There are 3 kinds of lies - lies, damn lies and statistics" (Mark Twain)

It would be hard to enumerate everything that's wrong with this post. Let's just take one of the most obvious things. The first defective phone was likely replaced by a refurb, not a new device. Therefore, your line of reasoning wanders off into fanboy fantasyland. I won't even get into the other conceptual errors contained in your assertion.

As usual, the head-in-the-sand brigade is out in full force. BBRY traded below $6 on Friday. Wasn't the Dow up 200?

When's the next ER, January? Should be sad/funny to watch these believers twisting and twirling as they try to spin the Z30 numbers into yet another good news story for BBRY. You guys don't deserve a guy like Chen, who may actually be able to salvage something from this train wreck.
    What does stock price have to do with any part of this conversation? Just found a thread that you hadn't said this in yet today?

Keep it on topic.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    eddy_berry likes this.
    12-07-13 03:34 PM
    It's kind of scary reading this as the same thing just happened to me. 3 Z10's have died on me in the same manner you described. Exactly! I just spend 3 days on the line with Blackberry tech support. Blackberry refused to honor there one year warranty on the phone which I purchased brand new through Amazon. I had this last Z10 for 4 months before it went black. I had the worst experience ever with customer support dealing with Blackberry. A disgrace that they wouldn't even honor there one year warranty. I'm done with Blackberry, absolutely finished! Never again will I purchase or advise anybody to buy one of their phones. Sad because I loved my Z and have always been a loyal BB fan. The way they treated me was completely a disgrace.

I just purchased a Moto X via the holiday promotion. Couldn't be happier. I can still use BBM and Flexsy Keyboard via Google Play is identical to the BB keyboard if not better. I'm done with BB, sorry but no wonder this company is going down the drain. Sad but they are doing it to themselves screwing over loyal customers and building faulty porducts.
    Firstly, even though I've now moved on to an S4 I've got to say that most of the contact I've had with BlackBerry have been positive, sometimes extremely so, and mostly they helped find fixes for the problems I've called them about. The issue for me was I had so many problems continuously, most of them I had to find fixes for myself on the fly. I cannot say a bad thing about BlackBerry and how they've treated me and my concerns when they were made aware of them.

To add to the above post, BlackBerry didn't "refuse" to honour their warranty, you bought from Amazon, there is no warranty to honour.
    12-07-13 03:37 PM
    This is going to sound mean, but as I previously stated before, what are the odds that you are lucky enough to have 4 break in a row from manufacture defects? Let's assume that 1 in every 1000 is defected, which is VERY HIGH and a very bad QC check.
    I'm fairly certain that BB doesn't even have that many devices sold
    I'm usually inclined to say that it's more likely a user specific mal-use
    Your statistics are way off! If 1 in 1000 is a dud then that is the odds of getting a dud every time you pick up a new phone. If BB ever did make a trillion Z10�s (this could take several thousand years :-))then 1 billion would be faulty so there would still be a 1 in 1000 chance of getting a bad one! By your method, his chances of getting a dud for a second time become 1 in a million, which by any sort of logic, doesn't ring true...and it isn't.

However, I see what you're getting at and, by any stretch of the imagination, the chances of getting 4 duff phones is very remote.
    Kimberella likes this.
    12-07-13 03:38 PM
    Oh gee. Another US phone carrier problem. Seems most of the problems are with those people on American carriers. Common denominator.
    not enough information to determine that its the people with american carriers that have these problems. basing it on 2 people in this thread or however many people in this thread are having the problem is not an indication to go by!!!
    12-07-13 04:01 PM
    There have been other threads of this nature. Threads that I questioned the truthfulness of also.

However, reading through them, there is always a constant. Same sim card being used and/or faulty power source in that same battery/charger being used. We don't know for sure from the op, but I'd be willing to bet, they just traded phones, kept sane peripherals and same card. That's how they do it at my carrier anyway. And if this happens to someone in the future, hopefully they will read these threads and replace those items as well.

12-07-13 04:06 PM

S4 is now active and the Z10 relegated to a drawer. I will miss it but only the reliable, functioning version that I got to see so little of.
    why did you upgrade to an S4. Don't you know that blackberry runs android better than android? dont you read anything on these forums.

your loss.
    12-07-13 04:11 PM
    why did you upgrade to an S4. Don't you know that blackberry runs android better than android? dont you read anything on these forums.

your loss.
    My loss? Really? You obviously have no clue what's going on, try actually reading my posts before passing a kneejerk judgement.
    12-07-13 04:34 PM
    My loss? Really? You obviously have no clue what's going on, try actually reading my posts before passing a kneejerk judgement.
    WHOOSH
    12-07-13 05:13 PM
    litig8or98, so if you buy a HP desktop and load up Windows 8 and the pc keeps crashing because there is a bug in the software, did HP release an inferior product? or should you upgrade to Windows 8.1 and fix the issue? is it HP or Windows? Hardware are rarely faulty . The software usually corrupts the hardware but tends to improve with time and the hardware hence works better.
    Yeah...have you had a chance to reread your post? Certainly you can see the nonsense in the example you used. I'm not talking about running one company's software on another device. If you were talking about Android, I daresay your example would make sense. But in the instant case, BlackBerry makes both the hardware and the software for the Z10. So yeah...I would say it's an inferior product until it's fixed. And fixing it doesn't detract from the fact that it was initially inferior.

Next time you choose an example, aim for "relevance"...you'll make more points.
    12-07-13 05:31 PM

your loss.
    Nope you did the right thing, welcome aboard, anyone who tells you that a BlackBerry handset can run Android better then a Samsung S4 needs his or her head MRIed, its just crazy and misleading to state that garbage. Trust me I UPGRADED to a Samsung S3 and never looked back or regretted the switch. I loved it so much I bought this Samsung Tab 2 also , Enjoy the Apps the way they were meant to run.

Sent from my Samsung Tab 2 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by ToddJack; 12-07-13 at 10:53 PM.
    amjass12 likes this.
    12-07-13 05:42 PM
    I find it very unlikely, we have 3 z10's in our family,and no issues. You sure you are not shorting bb stock?
    12-07-13 05:53 PM
    When the screen goes black, swipe up from the bottom. :-)

Really though, a question, through your replacement phones, did you maintain the same battery, sim card, mem card, and charger? Seems to be a recurring theme. Typically the sim card from what I've read. Seems to carry the 'disease' from one phone to another.

Verizon phone are CDMA. They don't have SIM cards.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    12-07-13 06:39 PM

Yes they do.

Believe it or not. They also have batteries.

WWBlondieDo likes this.
    12-07-13 06:41 PM

Obviously you have Nooooooo idea what you are talking about
    12-07-13 06:51 PM
162 ... 34567