Dude maybe you need to adjust the screen time out? From 30 seconds to something longer?
    12-07-13 02:31 AM
    No one is saying they are wrong. We just dont believe it is the phone. We believe there is an element of user error or usage by the individual in question.
    I agree with this post. I have had a Z 10 for almost a year and although there have been hiccups along the way I am very satisfied with BBY and my Z 10. I will take into consideration that others experiences may be different.
    12-07-13 06:09 AM
    Who the hell gets an S3 over the Z30 is a bit of a moron in my books. I'm suprised you didn't get an Iphone 4s for replacement. But hey, to each his own. As long as you're happy. Doesn't Pandora work in 10.2.1? I don't know since nobody uses Pandora anymore.
    Drop the name calling/personal attacks.

After four phones by the same mfr that all died...I'd be loathe to choose another model from the same company.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    12-07-13 06:14 AM
    Drop the name calling/personal attacks.

After four phones by the same mfr that all died...I'd be loathe to choose another model from the same company.

Posted via CB10
    The fact is the odds of this actually happening are worse than winning the lotto. It is either a usage problem or something else that is not hardware related. I don't even think the hardware died.
    12-07-13 06:33 AM
    This is going to sound mean, but as I previously stated before, what are the odds that you are lucky enough to have 4 break in a row from manufacture defects? Let's assume that 1 in every 1000 is defected, which is VERY HIGH and a very bad QC check.
    So the chance of that happening to you are 1/1000^4, or 1 in every 1,000,000,000,000, 1 in every Trillion!
    I'm fairly certain that BB doesn't even have that many devices sold
    I'm usually inclined to say that it's more likely a user specific mal-use
    so you're saying there's a chance ...
    niss63 likes this.
    12-07-13 06:38 AM
    The fact is the odds of this actually happening are worse than winning the lotto. It is either a usage problem or something else that is not hardware related. I don't even think the hardware died.
    Doesn't matter what you or I think - it's the OP's experience and his money.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166, Donvald and Berry_Pink like this.
    12-07-13 06:45 AM
    I haven't read that anyone has tried or suggested to install the latest leak using the auto loader as a way of reviving dead phones. Using the Auto loader to install the os worked for me with my bold.

Just thought I'd through that in the mix as it can't hurt to give that a shot.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 06:58 AM
    Obviously something to do with your particular situation. That's a shame.

P.s. Stop killing those poor z10's! J/k.
    12-07-13 07:09 AM
    The only common thread would be the microsim. If he were to get 4 different devices then he'd get brand new usb charging cables. Also did you try to install a autoloader to fix it as mentioned above?

BlackBerry Z10 (Z30 inbound) | 10.2.1.1055 | C0006E212
    12-07-13 07:17 AM
    Another jealous troll.
    12-07-13 07:45 AM
    I've had over four Z10's and gave some away to my family members. Never had one ounce of trouble. That is, if you know what your doing with them....

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:05 AM
    Well good for you but I hope I'm there to laugh in your face when your BB takes a dump. I loved the Z10 very much and took excellent care of it. Didn't install any leaks, never dropped, always in a case, only charged with the original charger. All software updates current. Even had the latest version of link. So no excuses, their phones are just unreliable. Take it from the user who started this post, it happens. BB is not perfect and they are in this situation for a reason. Poor management across all levels. I'm done making excuses for them. If a product sucks it just sucks. Hopefully in a year they will make a comeback.
    EWxcepte for the fact the Z10 does not suck.
    12-07-13 08:17 AM
    My fourth Z10 died today. I initially opted for the Z30, but thought about it and decided to get the S3 - yes for the apps (including Pandora) - plus I am really tired of Z10's dying on me and am concerned that the Z30 might do the same. My plan upgrade will be avaialable at the end of January 2014, at which time I will try to figure out what will work best for me. There just comes a point . . . . . .

So back to my Bold 9930 until the S3 arrives on Monday. My old totally reliable Bold
    Something really weird here, Had my Z10, pre order from day one in Canada. Has a flip case on it. Bounced it off of the floor several times still keeps on performing perfectly. Do wish I had the Z30. S3; Isn't that the phone that you cannot text and listen to music at the same time. It also has far less apps than the Z10 or Z30. With Sache, Snap or the other app you have all the Droid app on BB10 plus all the Built for Blackberry apps. Love to have Miracast that the Z30 has. Something real weird about this post.
    12-07-13 08:38 AM
    There is no way that this is a device problem. The odds make it a usage problem. What version of the OS do you have? Do you ever use the charger that came with the phone or do you only ever use the computer USB. I have known that when too many devices are plugged into a USB hub or ports and there isn't a suitable driver or power, that it looks like it is charging, but it really doesn't get the spark it needs. Then it dies. I have had to plug the device with a Playbook charger for 12 to 24 hours to get it back up and running. The odds are that you are doing something wrong as I have yet to see a bricked bb10 device that I couldn't get back up and running.
    stupes a usage problem why do we keep on defending blackberry as far as im concern im ready to leave as well updated my phone to .55 os unlock my blackberry come to find out the APN is locked and there is nothing i can do about it and please dont suggest going to the phone company there is NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT so its a waste of money and i may have to buy a new phone if i cant find an OS that has an unlock apn really pissed about that...... HOW ABOUT AN APN CRACK ANYONE
    12-07-13 08:55 AM
    Mines constantly re starting. I've already had it repaired by O2. Going back in This coming week

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:20 AM
    Honestly I feel for the original poster. And for all those people that keep saying you have a better chance of winning the lottery, you're wrong! Your math seems about right, but none of us have the statistics on how many Z10's are returned faulty, so the 1 in a trillion number is rediculous.

This past summer when my first phone died there were plenty of posts about BB 10 devices being faulty. I'd like to believe that BB fixed the problem but I myself have recieved 2 broken Z10's and am waiting on my third. My first one had no sideloads, official OS, yet still died for no reason. In the threads that I made regarding my problems people posted solutions that I could try.. don't really see many here though! Just a lot of disbelief. We all wanr BB to do well. I've been a big fan for 3 years, but honestly, this is my last BB phone if this one dies. I can't just keep losing all my information, then wait a week for ATT to send me a refurbished phone until my warranty runs out.

And for the person who was nice enough to leave the tip about the autoloader- I have seen that this worked for people. Unfortunately in my case because the phone won't turn on at all the PC can't recognize it, also the phone can't be restarted if it won't turn on so it didn't work for me. But seriously, thanks for the tip.

Seriously guys, I alone have started 2 threads about my Z10's randomly dying, and although you don't see it as often in the forums there are PLENTY of posts regarding BB10 phones that just shut off for no reason and (what puzzles me most) will not turn on at all. This happens often enough and unfortunately BB support's only answer is to go through your warranty with your phone company, thus recieving a refurbished phone that may or may not be defective. Don't just hate on someone or tell them they're a liar. Ask questions! That's what makes this community better than the others. Come on guys...
    Donvald and cantina4me like this.
    12-07-13 09:30 AM
    I have not seen a blue screen of death on a blackberry and I am not sure what you mean by the phone would immidiately stop working. Normally either the phone boots up and becomes operational , then dies suddenly. [ no blue screen] or it just start to boot and then dies. To reboot the blackberry you either press /hold down the power button until it reboots or you let it go until your carrier logo comes up and switches off. the volume keys achieve the same results. [ different reset modes].
    So you are saying you pressing BOTH the power button and the two volume buttons at the same time.
    There are no such thing as official leaks.
    The reboots and the bricking that people have experienced have usually come from bad install of leaks and trying to restore . People have found out the hard way , that this is not BBOS. you cant really restore without hiccups when you install leaks with BB10. Yes in that instance the phone can brick itself .
    Since launch of BB10, I have 7 x Z10 and 1XZ30. we have been on leaks/official/autoloader/ota/sachesi/ faulty sim card slots/ bricked devices. I do not believe you can have 4 devices that are totally dead with one individual without user error or usage.
    it does not mean that a device can not die. it means that I do not believe you can have 4 devices in a row from the same user from the same carrier without user error or usage. this kind of post is not believable and does not have a lot of credence.
    EXCUSE ME!
    But what I posted is true and there is a thread that speaks of blue screen of death. I POSTED in many threads my issues. I was using leaks for my phones( BEFORE SACHUP was invented) and they still crashed! the Led light would blink signaling the phone died or Stopped Working. THATS what I mean by Stopped working it died! All of them died. Sometimes i would wake up with the phone on my nightstand fully charged. I pull out the usb to turn on phone. Bam Dead! Red blinking led. ONE time I was taking a pic of my former cat and when I swiped the screen the phone went dark and led light came on and blinked.

So do Not say this post is non believeable! Other posters will back Me up because I kept telling them My phones are having problems.

Blue Screen of Death thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-down-866580/ - SEE one exists.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 12-07-13 at 10:56 AM.
    Donvald and cantina4me like this.
    12-07-13 09:45 AM
    Wow 4 pages of bickering back and forth and the only conclusion I've been able to come to is you ****ed up!
    You see, owning a mobile phone is quite like owning a dog: you take care of it properly, and it won't die on you. And most times, after one dog dies, people do change their habits for care.
    In any case, have fun with the S3 and don't go whining over to AC when your S3 doesn't perform as it should either.
    12-07-13 09:45 AM
    I guess 4 (bricked devices) is the magic number.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=841425

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ray689; 12-07-13 at 10:11 AM.
    12-07-13 09:59 AM
    Doesn't matter what you or I think - it's the OP's experience and his money.

Posted via CB10
    True, if the OP's experience is valid. I know some people that should never be allowed to touch electronics. They aren't made for it.
    ray689 and der_mit like this.
    12-07-13 10:08 AM
    stupes a usage problem why do we keep on defending blackberry as far as im concern im ready to leave as well updated my phone to .55 os unlock my blackberry come to find out the APN is locked and there is nothing i can do about it and please dont suggest going to the phone company there is NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT so its a waste of money and i may have to buy a new phone if i cant find an OS that has an unlock apn really pissed about that...... HOW ABOUT AN APN CRACK ANYONE
    How about grammar, spelling capitalization and punctuation? I have a hard time taking you seriously with posts like that. I can see where all you problems are coming from.
    12-07-13 10:13 AM
    True, if the OP's experience is valid. I know some people that should never be allowed to touch electronics. They aren't made for it.
    Glad he is going Droid. They tell me that the back button on the Iphone has to be sent in every 6 months for repair if you use it a lot. Wouln't he be pissed off with an Iphone.
    12-07-13 10:33 AM
    And I am one of those and have had a perfectly working Z10 from day one!
    12-07-13 10:34 AM
    How about using proper punctuation, for starters...?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:52 AM
    With this many issue I would say abuse or operator error.

Sorry. But I am sure your troubles will continue regardless what brand of phone you use.

Tough but would bet it's true.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-07-13 11:03 AM
162 ... 23456 ...