I call b.s.
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 05:08 PM
    Well good for you but I hope I'm there to laugh in your face when your BB takes a dump. I loved the Z10 very much and took excellent care of it. Didn't install any leaks, never dropped, always in a case, only charged with the original charger. All software updates current. Even had the latest version of link. So no excuses, their phones are just unreliable. Take it from the user who started this post, it happens. BB is not perfect and they are in this situation for a reason. Poor management across all levels. I'm done making excuses for them. If a product sucks it just sucks. Hopefully in a year they will make a comeback.
    Where you with blackberry when that's all people talked about like they supposedly do with the I-phone now...........cause if you were you wouldn't say their phones are unreliable. OK. Move along then.
    12-06-13 05:25 PM
    Oh please. iOS 7 has had how many releases for problem fixes now? Software always has issues. Windows used to have multiple patches per week. It is up to you to get the new fixes. If they aren't applied and someone is complaining, then they are to blame.
    This may be true, but you've seemingly missed my point, which is odd, because it was simple enough. A company can't pat itself on the back for fixing the problems they themselves created. Similarly, that company's supporters can't in good faith ignore those problems and pretend like everything is dandy. My original comment was in rebuttal to the suggestion that a user is at fault for failing to install the fix of a company's software. In my opinion, the company should receive credit for making the fix, but I'm not about to forget that it's a fix of "their" problem.

So the fact that Apple, Windows and presumably others turn out garbage that needs to be fixed is really immaterial. I wasn't comparing one device to another. I was questioning some people's faulty memory.
    12-06-13 05:28 PM
    I thought these types of posts were just BS too, untill it happend to my daughters Z10. just wouldn't start up, no nothing.

Blackberry should fix their startup. When the phone was working I press the power button and don't know if it started or not unitl 5-10sec later a red light would come on. like WTF?????? people first impressions are important, BB10 starts just like the play book (2011 ****TY). look how a ipone starts and ends (allways has a screen indication as soon as power button is pressed all the way to the running os and all the way untill it completely shuts off)
    12-06-13 05:32 PM
    I thought these types of posts were just BS too, untill it happend to my daughters Z10. just wouldn't start up, no nothing.

Blackberry should fix their startup. When the phone was working I press the power button and don't know if it started or not unitl 5-10sec later a red light would come on. like WTF?????? people first impressions are important, BB10 starts just like the play book (2011 ****TY). look how a ipone starts and ends (allways has a screen indication as soon as power button is pressed all the way to the running os and all the way untill it completely shuts off)
    How long have you known about the start up, cause its been like that for awhile.
    12-06-13 06:04 PM
    Did your daughters second, third and fourth Z10s all do the same thing too?

You know having a phone brick is nothing new nor is it limited to BlackBerry phones. Sh1t happens. Things go wrong. When they go wrong four times in a row on different devices you have to start asking yourself what you are doing wrong.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
    12-06-13 06:28 PM
    Too bad that's a great theory if only I was on Verizon. AT&T
    Oh gee. Another US phone carrier problem. Seems most of the problems are with those people on American carriers. Common denominator.
    12-06-13 06:49 PM
    We have 817 employees with which 386 of them have z10's we have only had 6 that we returned for repair. 4 was dropped in the toilet, one was left on top of a car and the employee drove off and it hit the street, the other was stepped on. To have 4 units go bad with one user sounds wacked. Not saying it could not happen. I been in IS long enough to retract that statement but I am inclined to tell you not to go out in the rain.. lol Sorry for your sad misfortune and did you break any mirrors in the past 7 years? Just kidding.. Still wacked though.. Better luck next phone model.. Doubt that will help but you can always be optimistic..

akawarrior
    To be fair, I had a z10 die on me randomly. Was plugging into the charger working, next I know it's not responsive at all. I could get the red led to blink once and only once, but it wouldn't connect to the computer. Tried a new battery too.
    I thought it was just me, but then my brother called me a couple weeks later describing the same symptoms, except his wasn't on the charger. Just like me, we were unable to get the phone to respond. The only similarities that we shared, was we both bought our phones withing a couple weeks of each other (different carriers, stl100-3 both bought early in February). We both backed up manually around a week before the phones died, and we were both running1803, although through different methods (his upgrades 10.1-10.2.1791-10.2.1803 were ota, I used an autoloader. )

Sent the phones for warranty repair, and we never got them back. We were eventually sent refurbs, so it seems the phones were truly dead. The last ones lasted ~9months, we'll see how this one goes.
    12-06-13 06:57 PM
    Oh gee. Another US phone carrier problem. Seems most of the problems are with those people on American carriers. Common denominator.
    Nah
    Rogers and bell
    12-06-13 06:58 PM
    I do suspect power source to be a major player in these problems
    I use all OEM chargers if using wall chargers. This would include the wall usb adapter chargers and the PB charger (Yes, BB said themselves this is safe)
    I also charge using a computer OR battery pack
    I've been using BB since 2006, and I haven't had 1 battery go bad yet. All 4 of my BB devices are working perfectly with no sign of diminished battery life
    However, keep in mind. Don't charge for 3 minutes, then pull it off again
    If you want to charge, charge it to full capacity, then pull it off
    The US carrier random reboots earlier this year were due to faulty software-cellular signal compatability or something along those lines. It wasn't as much a problem as hardware/software itself. Though, a few devices did report to have power issues, but those were by far the minority.
    As I was just wanting to point out earlier. 1/1000 is a very very bad quality control. I'm not saying OP's statements are less or more true, but just that the chances of such a thing happening 4 in a row is very very suspicious. I've heard numerous problems with the Z10, but if 4 of them all die on you, it's very very questionable.
    12-06-13 08:01 PM
    Not sure if someone else has mentioned this. Switch to Z30. It's a better phone on every parameter. I've been using Z30 for 2+ weeks now, and the experience is very vey positive.
    12-06-13 08:15 PM
    Yes - I have my eye on the Moto X when my plan is up. But maybe someone can convince me to go with the Z30. Will think about it.
    use S3 for a month, it will convince you to go with Z30
    12-06-13 09:32 PM
    Not sure if someone else has mentioned this. Switch to Z30. It's a better phone on every parameter. I've been using Z30 for 2+ weeks now, and the experience is very vey positive.
    No need to switch to Z30. My Z10 has performed to perfection since it was first released. Not a single glitch...none. I've downloaded every leak, side loaded an app or two. No problems, no battery pulls, no freezing, no lags...zero problems, nada. And I know that others have mentioned this. Just sayin'
    12-06-13 09:33 PM
    I do take responsibility...and the fact that updated software is released simply shows that the manufacturer does as well. It speaks to their follow up, and is certainly a positive. But nothing more. It certainly doesn't change the fact that they let an inferior product out the door to begin with. Look at your first sentence (I've taken the liberty of bolding it for you)...who do you suppose is at fault for those problems that need to be fixed?
    litig8or98, so if you buy a HP desktop and load up Windows 8 and the pc keeps crashing because there is a bug in the software, did HP release an inferior product? or should you upgrade to Windows 8.1 and fix the issue? is it HP or Windows? Hardware are rarely faulty . The software usually corrupts the hardware but tends to improve with time and the hardware hence works better.
    12-06-13 10:22 PM
    We will never know!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    12-06-13 10:24 PM
    My fourth Z10 died today. This one was not plugged into any charger. I was opening the lock screen and the phone went dark. Took it to Verizon and they could not revive it. They offered to replace it at no cost with (1) a Z30, (2) a Samsung Galaxy S3, or (3) a Razrr Max. I initially opted for the Z30, but thought about it and decided to get the S3 - yes for the apps (including Pandora) - plus I am really tired of Z10's dying on me and am concerned that the Z30 might do the same. My plan upgrade will be avaialable at the end of January 2014, at which time I will try to figure out what will work best for me. There just comes a point . . . . . .
    I dont think it is a sim card issue. a phone should boot up regardless. To have 4 in a row, more than likely indicates that you do one thing that corrupts the initial OS and stop the device from rebooting. Just because the carrier offers you another unit or replace it, does not mean there is anything wrong with the unit. it just means they are unable cost-effectively to fix /keep the customer happy within a specified time frame. So they replace the unit. I do note that you say Verizon set up the device for you? I am not sure what this means? how can they set up your phone? settings are usually rather personal. Otherwise there is nothing to set up? Or do you mean they insert the sim card for you? and give you the phone? who sets up the email account(s)? and other apps?

Another thing, no need to compare Bold(s) to BB10. it would be comparing a potato to a leopard. this is a new dna, new hardware, new os. it could have been called TripleJ Phone Z10. it just happens that Blackberry produces it so it is a blackberry.

if you ever come up with this problem again, try this , remove the battery, plug in your phone and reload the software via BBlink or autoloader. an official one.

otherwise you are probably not quite ready for the New Blackberry BB10 OS. Enjoy your S3.

the Z30 is totally different from the Z10. The hardware is very robust and can fully /better utilise the OS.

So back to my Bold 9930 until the S3 arrives on Monday. My old totally reliable Bold
    Last edited by redchilli88; 12-06-13 at 10:46 PM. Reason: bad formatting
    12-06-13 10:45 PM
    This is alright! It's an electronic device sh!t happens and it breaks down. This happens with all devices in all brands.

Samsung galaxy note / s3 emmc chip failure. Motherboard replacement in warranty if ur not r00ted!

S4 over heating

Also battery issues with battery swelling up.

With iPhone 5/5s bsod issues with ios7, lock screen bypass bugs. Call issues. Speaker conking off. Touchscreen issues.

Such issues are common.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:17 PM
    Siddharth, no one is arguing that this can happen. This is 4 in a row from the same person from the same carrier. That is the question.
    12-06-13 11:33 PM
    Hahhaha, an S3 over a Z30??!!!! Sorry to hear that! Wow

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:52 PM
    To the op...
    Dude, it has to be something about you or what you're doing, I don't see how 4 devices are going to go bad on you.
    I've read VERY few threads about DOA z10's and never read about 3 DOA z10....

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:57 PM
    I'm currently waiting for my third Z10 to arrive in the mail from AT&T now! I've started two different threads concerning what happened when my phone's randomly decided to die. I'm sorry about the problems you went through but I'm happy to know that other people have had similar experiences. Been driving me crazy since I bought my first Z10 just 6 months ago.

My fourth Z10 died today ... Took it to Verizon and they could not revive it. They offered to replace it at no cost with (1) a Z30, (2) a Samsung Galaxy S3, or (3) a Razrr Max.
    AT&T told me after three hours (for the second time) that my warranty is up a year from when I bought it and they'll send me refurbished phones until my warranty is up... unless I want to upgrade to a new 2 year agreement and get a different phone. Was worried about how Verizon's cust service would be if I switched. Thanks for reassuring me that it would be better lol. Can only buy phones in the AT&T stores by me unless you want to drive 2 hours.

This is going to sound mean, but as I previously stated before, what are the odds that you are lucky enough to have 4 break in a row from manufacture defects? Let's assume that 1 in every 1000 is defected, which is VERY HIGH and a very bad QC check.
    So the chance of that happening to you are 1/1000^4, or 1 in every 1,000,000,000,000, 1 in every Trillion!
    I'm fairly certain that BB doesn't even have that many devices sold
    I'm usually inclined to say that it's more likely a user specific mal-use
    I could agree to this point with my last phone- I used an autoloader to install os 10.2.1055 and had installed an android app market and everything, then it died when I opened BB Maps for some reason. Not sure if that is user error as I wiped before and after and started from scratch but definitely could be considered user error. However, the first phone that died I bought new at an AT&T store. After AT&T's official 10.1 release my phone worked for 2 days then started randomly rebooting for 2 days.. then died for good. The install went fine, so I doubt that time was user error.
    12-07-13 12:54 AM
    Man buddy I feel for you. I was on my 4th replacement bb10 phone until I decided to change manufacturers. Mine kept getting the blue screen of death, and the phone would immediately stop working. One of them stopped working and yet the phone was Completely charged!!! Took battery out and hooked up to laptop. No response. Held down power and volume keys. No response. I still miss my BB 10, but one day I'll be back. All 3 had official leaks. The last one I stayed on stock but it still crashed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-07-13 01:22 AM
    Let's see, I have 6 BB10 (Z10 x 2, Z10LE, Q10 x 2 and Z30) devices and they all work with no problems. Someone else like the OP and you have 4 devices each and they all fail. The odds of it being a device issue and not a user or FUD issue is so remote that you and the OP should never buy a lotto ticket. There is an explanation for it and it is not defective hardware.

One thing I see a lot from people who had problem like this, is that a vast majority of them are using Verizon. you got to look at the common denominator to solve problems. I could be something in their network that is causing the problem.
    We get it, your point of view is the only point of view, and your experiences with your own devices means everyone else must have the same experience - or they are wrong.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055
    amjass12 and Berry_Pink like this.
    12-07-13 01:24 AM
    Man buddy I feel for you. I was on my 4th replacement bb10 phone until I decided to change manufacturers. Mine kept getting the blue screen of death, and the phone would immediately stop working. One of them stopped working and yet the phone was Completely charged!!! Took battery out and hooked up to laptop. No response. Held down power and volume keys. No response. I still miss my BB 10, but one day I'll be back. All 3 had official leaks. The last one I stayed on stock but it still crashed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    I have not seen a blue screen of death on a blackberry and I am not sure what you mean by the phone would immidiately stop working. Normally either the phone boots up and becomes operational , then dies suddenly. [ no blue screen] or it just start to boot and then dies. To reboot the blackberry you either press /hold down the power button until it reboots or you let it go until your carrier logo comes up and switches off. the volume keys achieve the same results. [ different reset modes].
    So you are saying you pressing BOTH the power button and the two volume buttons at the same time.
    There are no such thing as official leaks.
    The reboots and the bricking that people have experienced have usually come from bad install of leaks and trying to restore . People have found out the hard way , that this is not BBOS. you cant really restore without hiccups when you install leaks with BB10. Yes in that instance the phone can brick itself .
    Since launch of BB10, I have 7 x Z10 and 1XZ30. we have been on leaks/official/autoloader/ota/sachesi/ faulty sim card slots/ bricked devices. I do not believe you can have 4 devices that are totally dead with one individual without user error or usage.
    it does not mean that a device can not die. it means that I do not believe you can have 4 devices in a row from the same user from the same carrier without user error or usage. this kind of post is not believable and does not have a lot of credence.
    12-07-13 01:55 AM
    We get it, your point of view is the only point of view, and your experiences with your own devices means everyone else must have the same experience - or they are wrong.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055
    No one is saying they are wrong. We just dont believe it is the phone. We believe there is an element of user error or usage by the individual in question.
    12-07-13 02:00 AM
162 12345 ...