I have had my 9900 for almost 2 years and decided, based on the fact that my wife just bought a Q10 (and I am her tech support!) and the fact that I could get a Z10 for �280 that I would buy one. I have spent all day using it and this is the conclusion I have come to: I absolutely love it, what a great screen and fantastic OS. I am very happy.

There are a few things that haven't gone so well but they might be down to me so maybe someone can help.

1. Calendar.
    (i) I used Link to bring over my data from my 9900 and it has set up a home calendar. I had deleted all calendars off my 9900 other than my gmail one. So now I have two kinds of calendars. I don't think there is a simple way out of this as I don't want to mess up my Gmail calendar so I am guessing I just have to deal with this over time and have all new appointments made in the Gmail calendar which I have now set as default on my Z10.
    (ii) It's brought in some ancient recurring items which had finished ages ago and neither appeared in my 9900 or on Gmail. I am just deleting these items as I go. I assume this is a Link bug.
    (iii) It seems to have got a bit confused with all day events. Some appear in "agenda" view and others in "schedule". Can anyone give me a simple explanation of what this is all about and how I change this? I don't want to have to keep changing views to see my calendar items.

2. Gmail remote search
    It has dawned on me that I cannot remote search my Gmail like I could on my 9900 and that was a very useful feature. I can do this instantly using my iPad Gmail app. Blackberry was always tops on email. If it is losing out on functionality like this then heavy email users (like me) won't be happy. Am I right that I cannot do this? Will I ever be able to do this? It is a big loss to me professionally.

3. Word substitution
    I think this is just an issue with the 10.2 leak as someone using 10.1 can do this, but I cannot put the return key into a substitution phrase so I can make "kr" say:

"kind regards

Pilchard"

Could someone confirm this is a 10.2 issue and not me being dumb?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    08-17-13 12:27 PM
    Gave ya a little meat on the calendar issue, maybe lure someone in that can help you with that. Congrats on your upgrade!
    08-17-13 08:52 PM
    Gave ya a little meat on the calendar issue, maybe lure someone in that can help you with that. Congrats on your upgrade!
    Much obliged
    08-18-13 03:15 AM
    I haven't been able to do a remote search either for Gmail. However, the Web version of it works really well to perform a search when I randomly needed it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:33 AM
    congrats for your new Z10 ,have lots of fun
    08-18-13 03:39 AM
    I haven't been able to do a remote search either for Gmail. However, the Web version of it works really well to perform a search when I randomly needed it.

Posted via CB10
    Good thinking!
    08-18-13 03:56 PM