Hello everyone I apologize for the long post in advance. I just finished my first day with my new z10. I have to say after 4 years of working with nothing but Android devices this was a big change. I found the whole OS10 system pretty easy to work in, the HUB was a little confusing at first but once I got it figured out I really like it. This flinging the words thing is taking some getting use to though. Overall I haven't found that much to complain about...yes there are a few apps I miss a little but nothing major. My biggest worry seems like it is going to be the battery life, I really didn't expect it to last as long as my Galaxy Note did but I sure did expect longer than 6 1/2 hours though. I charged the phone to 100% and did the OTA update on a new clean out of the box STL100-4 on Verizon, while plugged in and no apps downloaded. I then activate the phone and unplugged it, loaded my contacts, downloaded 3 apps, played with the settings some, sent about 5 text messages, about 20 minutes total of phone calls, checked my download speed, set up the lock screen, and a few other settings. I have 3 emergency accounts set to manual check only turned off ever thing else that was on by default. Ill see how the next couple of days are before I worry to much about the battery life. In summary though I think this is a big step in the right direction for BlackBerry and this platform (OS10) makes them a contender in the smartphone market. Competition and choice is a good thing. It would suck if there were only android or apple to choose from, the world needs BlackBerry and Windows phones also

Posted via CB10
    rav16, blackguy07 and eddy_berry like this.
    02-11-14 10:21 PM
    Sorry.....typo not emergency accounts email accounts...still getting used to this keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 10:25 PM
    The battery life is not awesome on the Z10 for me, but I carry a spare battery pack. I'm typically getting between 9-12 hours or so.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 10:54 PM
    The battery life does take a few days to settle. It has to do with indexing you contacts and emails etc. You will notice an improvement just give it some time. Also check out Snap on the forums to install any Android app you may be missing. BB10 has the ability to run Android apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 11:50 PM
    Hello everyone I apologize for the long post in advance. I just finished my first day with my new z10. I have to say after 4 years of working with nothing but Android devices this was a big change. I found the whole OS10 system pretty easy to work in, the HUB was a little confusing at first but once I got it figured out I really like it. This flinging the words thing is taking some getting use to though. Overall I haven't found that much to complain about...yes there are a few apps I miss a little but nothing major. My biggest worry seems like it is going to be the battery life, I really didn't expect it to last as long as my Galaxy Note did but I sure did expect longer than 6 1/2 hours though. I charged the phone to 100% and did the OTA update on a new clean out of the box STL100-4 on Verizon, while plugged in and no apps downloaded. I then activate the phone and unplugged it, loaded my contacts, downloaded 3 apps, played with the settings some, sent about 5 text messages, about 20 minutes total of phone calls, checked my download speed, set up the lock screen, and a few other settings. I have 3 emergency accounts set to manual check only turned off ever thing else that was on by default. Ill see how the next couple of days are before I worry to much about the battery life. In summary though I think this is a big step in the right direction for BlackBerry and this platform (OS10) makes them a contender in the smartphone market. Competition and choice is a good thing. It would suck if there were only android or apple to choose from, the world needs BlackBerry and Windows phones also

Posted via CB10
    You need to give it 2 or 3 days after initial setup to settle and then you should get a few hours more. I typically get 10 hrs but I always carry the battery charger bundle just in case. I'm always on the phone btw.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    02-12-14 01:32 AM
    Glad to see you made the switch. The Z10 is TRULY a wonderful experience. The battery is ok. 10+ hours moderate use, 7-8 with heavy use. The keyboard will eventually be more fluid for you, it is considered to be the best option for touchscreen devices and you'll be swiping in no time!

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-12-14 01:40 AM
    Thanks for the input. My Z10's battery was at 8 % last night after about 6 1/2 hours, so I charged it to 100% and took it off the charger at 10:30pm. Of course I didn't use it during the night so it sat unused for about 9 hours last night. I used it for a lot of phone calls today, manually checking 3 email accounts about every 4 hours, turned off Facebook & Twitter as I do not use them, updated my maps app a few text messages, searched online for a couple of phone numbers for customers, that's about it, pretty light use and now it's been about 18 hours since I took it off the charger and I'm at 19%. So I guess I'm safe to assume that with heavy use I should make it though a 10 hour day. I'm really liking BB10 OS, I was doubtful after using android phones for so long, and personally, I think that Blackberry's are much more useful than iphones, I have used my girlfriends iphone a lot in the past couple of years, I don't like them, never have. I just seems like an iPod that makes phone calls, never did see what everyone was was so crazy about them for, well that's just my opinion anyway. Glad to be here on CB, very helpful and a fun place to hang out, as well as all the Mobile Nations websites.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    DJM626, yung berry and eddy_berry like this.
    02-12-14 03:41 PM
    Now you just need to get the native CrackBerry app for that Z10

Posted via CB10
    yung berry likes this.
    02-12-14 04:07 PM
    Battery's take time to settle! Who invented that.

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    02-12-14 04:40 PM
    Now you just need to get the native CrackBerry app for that Z10

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Got it .... Am using my Nexus 7 while my Z10 charges.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-12-14 05:03 PM
    The battery life is not awesome on the Z10 for me, but I carry a spare battery pack. I'm typically getting between 9-12 hours or so.

Posted via CB10
    Same here, about 8-12 hours. I have the battery pack. More convenient to charge the battery than the phone too.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-12-14 08:05 PM
    I'm looking at getting the BB battery charger bundle also, seems like a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:01 PM
    Despite the battery life, I wouldn't trade my Z10 for anything else, except maybe a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:23 PM
    I'm looking at getting the BB battery charger bundle also, seems like a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    Battery charging bundle is awesome as it not only charges the BlackBerry phone, but any micro-USB device. I've used it on friends Android devices, my PlayBook, etc. Certainly worth checking into.

BlackBerry was always good at swapping batteries to go the extra distance rather than waiting for the device to recharge.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    02-12-14 09:47 PM
    Battery charging bundle is awesome as it not only charges the BlackBerry phone, but any micro-USB device. I've used it on friends Android devices, my PlayBook, etc. Certainly worth checking into.

BlackBerry was always good at swapping batteries to go the extra distance rather than waiting for the device to recharge.

Posted via CB10
    My boy likes my battery pack to charge his S4.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:50 PM
    Yeah the battery bundle is awesome, never have to worry about battery life again. If I get down to 10-15%, either plug in the bundle and get up to 50% boost, or just swap the battery! That's what i usually do. Always good to have for trips too.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    02-12-14 09:55 PM
    Perfect time to get a blackberry with the new 10.2.1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-12-14 11:09 PM
    Awesome. I'm moving on to day 3 of my Z10 odyssey. I'm not coming from a different OS though so I'm glad you're liking BB10. I have a battery bundle for my Q10 so I'll be taking that with me on long days. The second day had better battery life than the first. I also drained the battery down. It's only okay to do this once really. The Z ran at 0% through 20 minutes of use and then lasted at least 3 hours longer the next day. That might be a good thing to try just once. Also I leave it charging over night. I've always done it that way and have never had issue with my battery. The system knows how to handle it. Enjoy your Z10 and BB10 and Welcome!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 11:47 PM