I bought it yesterday morning, and it came with around 30% battery life. When I got the 20% warning I plugged it in. After synching facebook, I noticed it got hot. Really hot. I ended up taking the membrane cover off to see if it helped. Eventually, it cooled.

Around that time an hour later, I noticed it was not charging well(I was playing with it while it was plugged in). I commented on it and someone pointed out that the USB charge plugged into a computer seems to only trickle charge it. So I plugged it into the wall outlet. Which charged it(While on) a **** of a lot faster. The other thing I noticed was the wall charger got really hot. but that seems common. I took it off the charger around 5:30pm

I played with it most of the night until around 3AM, at which point it was down to around 30%. Plugged it in the wall and went to sleep.

This is day 2 for me and I have had my blackberry on nearly nonstop since 10AM. it is 4pm now and I still have 40% battery life. My activities have been playing and downloading games, browsing, streaming videos, taking pictures and reading a short story on the kindle reader.

Now I do not know what the standard is on a touch phone for batteries, but here is what i do know. It is waaaaay better than my Blackberry curve 9300 battery and from everything i read, it is going to get better day 3-4
    02-06-13 02:20 PM
    Only 70% used from 5:30PM to 3AM assuming you are still new to the device which means you're excited and using it much more than a normal use. That means the battery is excellent in my opinion.
    02-06-13 02:23 PM
    This is good news to me, I am a moderate user and on my 9810 with a 16 month old battery I get between 24-36 hours out of a charge which to me is good. It sounds like the Z10 will be in the same ball park which is good enough for me!
    02-06-13 02:33 PM
    Only 70% used from 5:30PM to 3AM assuming you are still new to the device which means you're excited and using it much more than a normal use. That means the battery is excellent in my opinion.
    Agreed. I have been playing with it all the time. granted I hardly ever put my other phone down either in regards to streaming, browsing etc
    but I am using this for the games and kindle app as well.

Overall, if i took my 9300 curve to work, I often had to swap out the battery towards the end of an 8 hour shift if I wanted to use it on the bus.
    This phone looks like it will last longer.

I have no experience with other touch screen phones, but I forever see them plugged in around work.

So far, I am very happy.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-06-13 02:34 PM
    This is good news to me, I am a moderate user and on my 9810 with a 16 month old battery I get between 24-36 hours out of a charge which to me is good. It sounds like the Z10 will be in the same ball park which is good enough for me!
    I read a few people say the battery drained a bit overnight, but I cannot elaborate since I always plug mine in on the bedside table
    02-06-13 02:35 PM
    Can you take a screen shot on battery stats please.
    02-06-13 02:36 PM
    i too have been keeping an eye on the battery for the last 2 days. And i understand that once the battery settles that it should be a bit better. I found that with my very very heavy use from today and yesterday it is holding up well. I have it @ 50% battery right now (1:30pm) and it was unplugged full charged at 7AM. Seems like you should easily get 8 to 10 hrs without a charge. Still im going to get the battery pack though. Just to make sure i always have juice! But overall i seem happy with the battery. Oh and this is with LTE on most of the time too
    02-06-13 02:39 PM
    Can you take a screen shot on battery stats please.
    Where do you find battery stats on the phone?
    02-06-13 02:40 PM
    I dunno I dont have it lol. Someone else will answer
    02-06-13 02:41 PM
    i downloaded a free app called battery watch, has the status as well as a graph
    02-06-13 02:44 PM
    Can someone explain to me the settings my phone has as options?
    I know what LTE is so I have not selected that(Unless I am downloading something)
    The other options are HSPA+UMTS/GSM
    HSPA+/UMTS
    and GSM

on my old Cruve, it was simply "mobile network", Wifi, and was 3g etc I wish to know which does what so I can eliminate unnecessary battery drain
    02-06-13 02:48 PM
    Settings > About > Hardware....but don't trust the meter, It seems to be as reliable as the PlayBook Battery stats. lol
    02-06-13 02:48 PM
    can someone explain to me the settings my phone has as options?
    I know what lte is so i have not selected that(unless i am downloading something)
    the other options are hspa+umts/gsm
    hspa+/umts
    and gsm

on my old cruve, it was simply "mobile network", wifi, and was 3g etc i wish to know which does what so i can eliminate unnecessary battery drain
    lte = 4g
    hspa+ = h+
    umts = 3g
    gsm = 2g (edge/gprs)
    02-06-13 02:49 PM
    Second day on my Z10, I pulled it off wall charger at 7 A.M. did not really use it till 8:30 at work, have been playing with it at work (I have to pretend I work so it was not constant use) battery died at 2:30. I am sure I didn't use it for more than 4 hours in total. No Phone calls at all, some browsing, no gaming, no streaming. This is really sad, if it does not improve over the next few days, it is going back to Rogers.
    Last edited by draftex; 02-06-13 at 03:28 PM.
    02-06-13 03:03 PM
    So far, battery life on my Z10 has been about 50% better than my Nexus 4. I'm really impressed since the Z10 has a smaller battery, and I keep my screen brighter than I did on my Nexus, so that negates the screen size difference.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-06-13 03:06 PM
    Second day on my Z10, I pulled off wall charger at 7 A.M. did not really use it till 8:30 at work, have been playing with it at work (I have to pretend I work so it was not constant use) battery died at 2:30. I am sure I didn't use it for more than 4 hours in total. No Phone calls at all, some browsing, no gaming, no streaming. This is really sad, if it does not improve over the next few days, it is going back to Rogers.
    Yay, another 1-3 post account talking troll trash and bullcrapping.
    4 of my friends have a z10 and none of us have had issues with the battery yet.
    02-06-13 03:09 PM
    My Z10 today on day 3 of ownership came off charge at 0730 had about 10 emails, some browsing of a bit 10 mins.

Not loads of usage I appreciate, but I had 80% remaining at 1800. I'm impressed if I have that right but will keep an eye on it.
    02-06-13 03:16 PM
    Second day on my Z10, I pulled off wall charger at 7 A.M. did not really use it till 8:30 at work, have been playing with it at work (I have to pretend I work so it was not constant use) battery died at 2:30. I am sure I didn't use it for more than 4 hours in total. No Phone calls at all, some browsing, no gaming, no streaming. This is really sad, if it does not improve over the next few days, it is going back to Rogers.
    Unless you need to download huge files just disable the LTE and use HSPA+ = great battery life... It's not a BB thing it's a LTE thing.
    LyoobaBerry and Firaaz like this.
    02-06-13 03:17 PM
    great news. my 9930 makes it a solid work day so this gives me hope that my Q10 will be able to do a full work day as well
    02-06-13 03:18 PM
    I certainly hope my battery improves.
    First full day of use - off charger at 8:30am: BBM, Text, Email, Streaming Songza for about 40 minutes, and a couple of short calls <5 min each and at 2:00pm the battery is at approximately 35%. I have WiFi where I am so it is on, the phone is on LTE but everything else is off.

For my personal use I need it to last 12 hours without topping up. I really love this phone so I'd hate to take it back but if it can't do the job I might have to wait for the Q10 or the Aristo.
    02-06-13 04:04 PM
    great news. my 9930 makes it a solid work day so this gives me hope that my Q10 will be able to do a full work day as well
    The Q-10 is gonna be a Boss of a work phone. Battery will be amazing.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    02-06-13 04:16 PM
    mine went from 40ish% to 15% while doing nothing as I slept...

i had NFC on though so that might be some of the problem. idk. so far, other than that it hasnt been that bad... but it does go down a lot faster then my 2 yr old iphone4 (but I am using it a tad more and it does have a bigger screen, and is on first charge so it still needs to settle)
    02-06-13 04:25 PM
    7am this morning till 4pm so far 50% left after a good dosage of usage. Took lte off though.
    02-06-13 04:33 PM
    The Q-10 is gonna be a Boss of a work phone. Battery will be amazing.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I hope your right! That's the one I'm gunning for.
    02-06-13 05:08 PM
    Day 3. Had the phone on since 9:30am. Today very mild use since I am at work. It is 6:30 now and at 56%. Seemed to drain faster early on 20% in the first 2 hours
    02-07-13 04:30 PM
38 12