Good day

i am stuck and i have tried everything i can, i was backing up my BB Z10 when i had to leave it to tend to supper when i came back my wonderful sons had locked my phone to the point where i have only 1 try let on my pw and i cant even remember what it was, iv only ever used it once, i have over 600 pix on it and about 200 contacts which i just cant loose, memories which i can never get back is there anyone willing to help me please im desperate. thank you in advanced.
    08-30-15 01:01 PM
    Nothing you can really do if you don't know the password. You can't even extend the amount of tries without knowing the original password. Your pics are almost certainly gone unless they were saved on an SD card as for contacts, well, depending on how you set your device up potentially could come back when the device is reset back up. But that assumes you had them saved to a cloud service to begin with. All mine go to Gmail so they come back after a bit when resetting my device back up.
    08-30-15 04:17 PM
    if you saved your contacts to your sim card you can get them back. same as pics if you saved them to the sd card
    Last edited by plmrman; 08-30-15 at 05:37 PM.
    08-30-15 04:20 PM
    i dont have a SD card other wise i wouldnt be worried after this im going to make sure i double back up my stuff to cloud and to gmail i was hoping there was a back door or something even if just to get my pix, they such important family pix it breaks my heart that im going to loose it all even though i was busy with the back up, ty both for ur replies.
    08-31-15 12:24 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But connecting it via link, it should ask you for the password again. I believe that doesn't count towards the 10 unlock attempts?

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    08-31-15 02:48 AM
    Good day

i am stuck and i have tried everything i can, i was backing up my BB Z10 when i had to leave it to tend to supper when i came back my wonderful sons had locked my phone to the point where i have only 1 try let on my pw and i cant even remember what it was, iv only ever used it once, i have over 600 pix on it and about 200 contacts which i just cant loose, memories which i can never get back is there anyone willing to help me please im desperate. thank you in advanced.
    Aren't the pictures sync'd to your PC? I don't recall ever doing anything special in Link, and I can see my pictures get sync'd to my PC.

Did you sign into a cloud sync service, like Dropbox, Ondrive or Box?
    08-31-15 04:40 AM
    honestly i cant recall connecting it to cloud i can try but the last time i linked it to my pc it asked for pw right away and said phone was locked so i really dont know best thing i can do is try see if it will connect to cloud without having to use my pw if so then ur a life saver
    08-31-15 05:03 PM
    Nope.....sorry, but I'm pretty sure that won't work. Bummer, but not knowing the password was going to bite you sooner or later.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2239
    08-31-15 08:19 PM
    Boarding schools, because sometimes your kids are just a huge "priority"
    08-31-15 08:22 PM
    So your kids typed in the password incorrectly 5 times, then typed in the word "blackberry" as per the prompt, and then subsequently typed 4 more incorrect passwords?

Also, how did you manage to plug your device into Link in order to do the backup without needing to type in your device password?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    scrannel likes this.
    08-31-15 09:15 PM
    So your kids typed in the password incorrectly 5 times, then typed in the word "blackberry" as per the prompt, and then subsequently typed 4 more incorrect passwords?

Also, how did you manage to plug your device into Link in order to do the backup without needing to type in your device password?

His first sentence doesn't compute and not sure if it's his english.

"Was backing up" turned into connecting the USB cable and not entering password and walking away, therefore not "backing up". I gave up.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:26 PM

And you NEVER use your password to access your phone?
    09-01-15 08:28 AM
    And you NEVER use your password to access your phone?
    I don't understand your question. I have always used a password.

09-01-15 09:15 AM
    It's actually "at my wits end" lol

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:05 AM
    But you have a password on your phone, but never used it??? How is that possible.

Even if you connect your phone with Link you need your password. Or did your kids enable a random password when you were gone?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:27 AM