Is anyone else's data wasting really quick? I'm only 7 days into my bill cycle and I've already used 1.7 gb out of 3 gbs! Crazy

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:55 AM
    that is a lot. did you download any large games or apps?
    04-08-13 11:58 AM
    Box sync?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 11:59 AM
    My girlfriends z10 was burning through data 740mb in three weeks. I restarted it, still burned data and battery. She took it back, sales guy has one himself , found a diagnostic thing on she said. Works great now.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    04-08-13 12:03 PM
    Nope but I am on wifi a lot. Haven't used a gig yet.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    world saviour likes this.
    04-08-13 12:03 PM
    I mean I've downloaded some apps but not any that we'd add up to that much :/

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:05 PM
    Nope I don't use box

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 12:06 PM
    my usage has definitely increased but its hard to truly gauge my data right now since I'm so new to the phone. I'm constantly on it watching you tube videos because of how fast it buffers them and I've downloaded several games which I never did on my 9900. I think it will be a few months before I can truly gauge my usage.
    Last edited by redk; 04-08-13 at 12:23 PM.
    world saviour and mathprof08 like this.
    04-08-13 12:11 PM

Same for me +1

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 12:12 PM
    I go through data fast as well. I am on Verizon and I turn my dta services off whenever I have wife on. Only download and update apps on wifi but I still have gone through 500mb in a few days.

Posted via MY BlackBerry Z10
    04-08-13 12:12 PM
    I mean I've downloaded some apps but not any that we'd add up to that much :/
    It's not the fact that you downloaded apps; most are pretty small. It's that one of the apps may be consuming large amounts of data.

Have you sideloaded any apps?

I'd do a reset on the device, and then introduce the apps one by one to determine which one the culprit is.
    04-08-13 12:15 PM
    Is anyone else's data wasting really quick? I'm only 7 days into my bill cycle and I've already used 1.7 gb out of 3 gbs! Crazy

Posted via CB10
    I was told by a T-mobile representative that you have to have them them make a change to your internet since you have a blackberry. He said blackberry phones use data differently than other phones. He said same thing if u go from a blackberry phone to another non-blackberry phone to call phone company and have them make the change at no cost.
    04-08-13 12:29 PM
    I was told by a T-mobile representative that you have to have them them make a change to your internet since you have a blackberry. He said blackberry phones use data differently than other phones. He said same thing if u go from a blackberry phone to another non-blackberry phone to call phone company and have them make the change at no cost.
    That man is probably still talking about the old BB phones. The new BB10 phones run like every other smartphone.
    04-08-13 12:32 PM
    I used my phone constantly all month and I went through 1.3GB out of 6GB. I never use WiFi (why would I with 6GB of data?) and I use my phone on the web almost constantly. I'm not sure why others are managing to burn through their data as fast as they are, but I have heard a few things:

1. Email synching - I've read reports of people having issues with their mail provider, causing emails to be sent again and again, burning through their data. I'm not sure how that details out, but I know it's something to that effect.

2. Sideloaded apps not working as intended (surprised?). Some of these apps, despite being closed, still work in the background (I'm assuming because the Android system uses background downloading for some of their apps) and thus burn through your data faster than expected.

3. I'm not even sure if this is an option, but do you have your apps set to auto-update through BB World? That might be part of the issue.

JB
    04-08-13 12:46 PM
    I just started my first full billing cycle with the device, so I'll have a better frame of reference now to see how much data I use now compared to BBOS. I did add an unlimited plan, but may consider going to a 2.5 GB plan depending on what I see.
    04-08-13 12:49 PM
    I expanded the title to make it more descriptive.
    04-08-13 12:52 PM
    Yeah, I'm worried about what I need to upgrade my plan to when I move from Torch 9800 on 200MB/mo (avg use 50GB/mo) to a Z10.

After how long? I don't recall when you posted you got your Z10.
    04-08-13 12:58 PM
    Yeah, I'm worried about what I need to upgrade my plan to when I move from Torch 9800 on 200MB/mo (avg use 50GB/mo) to a Z10.

After how long? I don't recall when you posted you got your Z10.
    I moved from a 9810 with 1 gig allowance and I used just over half. I did use wifi every evening

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:06 PM
    On AT&T as of 4/22 I have used 389.25MB of my 2,048MB plan.
    I am usually at home, a cafe, or on campus, so I'm under a good blanket of wifi.
    Also one of the first things I ask when I first go to a friend or relative's home is what is there wifi network and password, followed by where is their bathroom.

But also to make note, on my Bold 9000 I used maybe 400MB a month, but hey what do you expect, you have a larger screen, amazing web browser, a better collection of applications, ON A LARGER screen, with a faster connection so me finding myself using more data, as expected

The sales rep for AT&T actually warned me I will be using more data because of the speed and screen size, which was nice.
    world saviour likes this.
    04-08-13 01:16 PM
    I imagine a rather large part of the data consumption increase has to do with the faster speed and screen size causing people to make use of their phones much more for browsing and other internet-related activities, simply because it's such a fantastic experience to do so.

JB
    04-08-13 01:29 PM
    It's not the fact that you downloaded apps; most are pretty small. It's that one of the apps may be consuming large amounts of data.

Have you sideloaded any apps?

I'd do a reset on the device, and then introduce the apps one by one to determine which one the culprit is.
    I recently just restarted my device. I'm going to delete apps I don't use..

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:30 PM
    I imagine a rather large part of the data consumption increase has to do with the faster speed and screen size causing people to make use of their phones much more for browsing and other internet-related activities, simply because it's such a fantastic experience to do so.

JB
    Yeah, my wife says my Torch has good battery life and low data usage because it can't do anything besides calls, texts, and emails, so I definitely expect to use more data when I get a Z10. Just wondering how much more......sigh...... Luckily, I'm under wi-fi at work and home.
    04-08-13 01:37 PM
    Same usage for me, I had a Samsung Nexus S previously.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 01:40 PM
    yup. but intentionally... taking advantage of my unlimited data plan
    travaz likes this.
    04-08-13 01:43 PM
    I have had mine for 10 days. The first few days I was using data like crazy (no Wifi at work) I am on wifi at home. It seems to have settled down now and I thing it was due to me going crazy and spending most of the day playing with the wonderful Z10. I am on Unlimited and sit right now at .9 GB with 7 days left. I really need to see a whole month and let the newness wear off of the Z10.
    04-08-13 01:52 PM
44 12