02-07-14 01:29 PM
28 12
tools
    Both my PC and my MAC can't see my z10. It started just few days ago. I've tried rebooting everything but useless.Yesterday I took out sim-card and after a while it started to recognize my z10. I seized the moment and installed the latest 10.2.1 OS. Today when I returned my sim back the issue occurred again.

P.s. I've read everything on the official site about this issue but it didn't help me. Help me figure out at least the reason for that.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:14 AM
    Try connecting a few times with and without the SIM, if that seems to be a sign. If it connects only when the SIM is removed, there's your problem. Otherwise try different ports on your machines.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:34 AM
    I'll do that when get back home. If the problem is the sim inserted or not, than how should I fix that?
    P.s. I've tried different ports and different cables.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:45 AM
    One more thing to check is in the "Storage and Access" settings... try defining type of computer you are connecting to under "USB connection", and try also switching WiFi off...

My computers does not recognize my z10.-img_20140201_222905.png

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:29 AM
    Already Tried switching the USB connection. No use

Will try to turn off wifi. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:34 AM
    I tried everything - with sim/without it/wifi on/off - nothing! No results

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:57 PM
    I have same problem
    Q10

Mani bhinder
    02-01-14 09:26 PM
    I may be able to help. It's late now, but will try to post the steps in th morning.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:10 PM
    Check something for me though. With the phone plugged in, on your Windows PC, go into your Control Panel, open Device Manager, find the BB device and tell me what it shows as the driver.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:22 PM
    Check something for me though. With the phone plugged in, on your Windows PC, go into your Control Panel, open Device Manager, find the BB device and tell me what it shows as the driver.

Posted via CB10
    There is no actually a BlackBerry device ib the file manager) )
    Checked it.
    When I plug in my phone the pc tells me that the USB device is not identified. ( or I don't know how it is correctly stated in an English windows version )

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:19 PM
    Checked it.
    When I plug in my phone the pc tells me that the USB device is not identified. ( or I don't know how it is correctly stated in an English windows version )

Posted via CB10
    Try uninstalling BlackBerry Link, reboot, reinstall Link, and try plugging your device in again. Looks like device drivers are missing.
    02-03-14 03:45 PM
    Try uninstalling BlackBerry Link, reboot, reinstall Link, and try plugging your device in again. Looks like device drivers are missing.
    Will try that soon, thanks. But for now, If it is the issue, can u explain why my PC did recognize the phone just once randomly? )

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:08 PM
    Checked it.

Posted via CB10
    Not File Manager, Device Manager. Have your Device Manager open when you plug it in. It will most likely show up as an unknown USB device. From there, I may be able to help you.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:12 PM
    Not File Manager, Device Manager. Have your Device Manager open when you plug it in. It will most likely show up as an unknown USB device. From there, I may be able to help you.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, said the wrong thing. I actually checked the device manager. Nothing. And nothing "unknown"

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:17 PM
    It's odd that you computer is not even recognizing that a USB device is being plugged in. You are looking at your Windows Device Manager, right? Not the BB Device Manager.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 04:35 PM
    I have a similar issue but on a macbook. Earlier my computer wouldn't recognize it at all but just about a hour ago, the desktop gives me access to the phone and the microsd card. But link still says can't connect to the blackberry and that i need to restore. I try clicking restore on it and it gives me an error right away. Link is driving me crazy...
    02-03-14 04:52 PM
    Some results. I uninstalled the link, rebooted my PC, then installed it back. By that time my BlackBerry could connect to the link only over wifi. But then I pulled USB several times and it told me to reboot pc. I did that and now my blackberry is recognized by the computer. I'll check if it continues to recognize my bb.

Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-03-14 05:51 PM
    Here's a fun fact.

When I tried to plug my BlackBerry for the second time............the same sh1t.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:20 PM
    Try this. Make sure the latest BlackBerry Link is installed. Make sure all the storage settings on the phone are on their default settings. Plug out phone. Restart PC. Make sure your Internet connection is working. Plug phone into a different USB port from the one that had failed the driver installation. Note what happens. Observe if windows recognises that a device was plugged in and is attempting to install the drivers for it. If it does recognise the device allow it time to download and install the correct drivers. Note if this fails or if it's successful. Sometimes it takes so long to download that it times out before it can install and then fails. Then you have an unrecognised device on that usb port. If the computer doesn't recognise anything plugged into it try this. Leave the phone plugged in and then reboot it. When the phone is going through the shut down process it should detect it and attempts to install a driver. This also happens during the startup process of the phone. Whatever driver this is it only seems to be installed or Reinstalled when the phone is either shutting down or starting up. If the computer detects it take note of the driver installation process to see whether it fails or succeeds. If it fails because of a time out restarting the phone should be enough for it to install correctly the second time around. Sometimes it could be installed already but disabled. You can go into Device Manager and then you will see the Device that is disabled and you can enable it. Sounds like a lot but it works.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:35 PM
    Fardan, I have a similar issue. Yesterday I was happy, because I downloaded the Device Manager from the UK site along with the app installer plugin. That must have been a crucial step, because I could click the sign in button on my BBW site on Firefox. I connected the phone, Eset brought up a Window, wanting to know how it should configure the phone's network connection. I clicked on Home Network, and the Device Manager indicated that the phone was connected. However it couldn't find an update. Then my session was timed out, and I tried to sign in again. Connected the phone again but the connection sound was the first indicator that something went fishy. The "tangting" connection sound was followed immediately by the triple "tadada" sound which indicates hardware issue on XP.
    So it's similar to yours, as only the first connection is working, and the following attempts are failures. My driver is 4.2.0.27, and the Win Dev Manager indicated that I have issues with the hardware (yellow exclamation mark). Then I removed completely the apploader and the plugin with Revo Uninstaller Pro, and tried it again with the same results. One connection is OK, and that's it. Slowly the whole BB ownership experience is getting painful.
    I can't use BBLink, Sachesi can't recognize the phone, now my computer has the same issue (except in mass storage mode; that works every time). Yes, I can remove the driver and reconnect the phone, but c'mon, each and every time???
    02-03-14 08:01 PM
    I posted this in another similar thread. Maybe it will help someone here, maybe not. But here is what I wrote...

I had this problem on my Win 8.1 machine.
    I noticed that the USB driver did not seem to be installing correctly for my device (Mine's a Z30)
    Here is what I did -
    I unplugged phone from computer.
    I opened the Windows Device Manger.
    I watched to see what device showed up in the Windows Device Manager as I plugged in the phone.
    I noticed that it seemed to not be identified correctly - I don't remember exactly, but it was some unidentified BB device.
    I clicked on it's properties and chose to update driver.
    I selected to Browse my files for the correct driver.
    I pointed it to "C:\\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\USB Drivers"
    It found the correct driver and updated.
    My Z30 now showed correctly in the Windows Device manager, and was now recognized by the BlackBerry Device Manager.
    Works perfectly since then.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-03-14 08:14 PM
    Good advice!
    02-03-14 09:20 PM
    Had a similar issue and did the same. Open the device manager and plugged the phone in. Once I saw which device in the device manager I unplugged the phone, unistalled the USB drivers . Once done plugged the phone back in and it reinstalled the drivers automatically . It's a Win8.1.

I have had all sorts of USB driver issues with 8.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:28 PM
    Tried everything you told me to do. Result - nothing. Full Korean random. I must delete every thing, must reboot everything hundred of times and it will work only once)

That's fine.

I got used to having problems with using my BlackBerry phone since os 6

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:06 AM
    Tried everything you told me to do. Result - nothing. Full Korean random. I must delete every thing, must reboot everything hundred of times and it will work only once)

That's fine.

I got used to having problems with using my BlackBerry phone since os 6

Posted via CB10
    Did you try what I had suggested? You can try this: Turn off phone, restart PC, plug the phone into a different USB Port, turn on phone. While booting it should detect and install the driver for BlackBerry Smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 07:18 AM
28 12