I hope forever feature will be out soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 02:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    It will in 10.1
    04-07-13 03:47 PM
    It will in 10.1
    That's cool!

Personally, I don't care a whole lot. My email domain is hosted through Google Apps, meaning I can use Gmail. If I needed to find something older than 30 days, I can simply go to gmail on my browser and those needs are met. But then again, that's not what you fellas wanted so my point is kind of moot.
    04-07-13 04:05 PM
    That's cool!

Personally, I don't care a whole lot. My email domain is hosted through Google Apps, meaning I can use Gmail. If I needed to find something older than 30 days, I can simply go to gmail on my browser and those needs are met. But then again, that's not what you fellas wanted so my point is kind of moot.
    I'm with you on that, I don't have much use for anything outside of 30 days, an option for 60 would be nice but it isn't in the load of 10.1 I have. Probably can be fixed with an update eventually.
    04-07-13 04:14 PM
    The device is really passing me off, you can't even search a damn email in server past 30 days. Bull **** crap shoot of a launch by blackberry

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 08:23 PM
    It will in 10.1
    Let's not be dangerously sloppy here, OK?

Here is the exact quote from Michael Clewley:

"More than 30 days is coming for 10.1"

REPEAT: "More than 30 days".

"More than 30 days" does NOT automatically mean "forever".

Let's just keep things straight here.

Because the next thing that happens when 10.1 comes out if it is not "forever" is another dozen threads on CB about "WE WERE PROMISED FOREVERRRRRRR~!!~!!~!!"
    TgeekB and darkehawke like this.
    04-07-13 11:05 PM
    Question is when will 10.1 be available?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:34 PM
    Q10's, which require 10.1, are going to start sales in the UK by the end of April, this has been announced by at least one or two resellers. (see below) So it's fairly safe to say that at least for the Q10, 10.1 will be available then.

However, I have seen statements (ie in the CB blog post about 10.1 features) that imply that 10.1 may only ship for Q10's initially, not for Z10's.

So it seems as though the only way to ensure getting 10.1 anywhere by the end of April, is to buy a Q10.

BlackBerry Q10 hits Carphone Warehouse pre-order with �600 price tag | News | TechRadar
    BlackBerry Q10 ready for end of April release in the UK | Digital Trends
    BlackBerry Q10 pre-orders accepted now at Carphone Warehouse
    04-07-13 11:53 PM
    The better question for those in this thread is - will 10.1 be available for Z10? Clewley never said it would. If 10.1 is only available for Q10, then Clewley will have technically told the truth (30 day limit lifted in 10.1) although no Z10 users will be able to take advantage of it.

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw this above
    However, I have seen statements (ie in the CB blog post about 10.1 features) that imply that 10.1 may only ship for Q10's initially, not for Z10's.
    Holy crap... if this is true, BBRY and Clewley are going to be in a world of s**t. He tweeted specifically citing this thread and saying the 30 day fix would be available, knowing that there are only Z10 users here.

If this is what ends up happening, it's basically a slime of BBRY's best customers by their PR team.
    Last edited by mset; 04-08-13 at 01:16 AM.
    04-08-13 12:19 AM
    If this is what ends up happening, it's basically a slime of BBRY's best customers by their PR team.

Let's not exaggerate now. I'm sure lots of people have somehow convinced themselves they are "Blackberry's best customer".

And Michael Clewley's official title has nothing to do with PR, it is actually "Director, Handheld Software Product Management".

Currently, BlackBerry�10.1 OS will initially appear on the BlackBerry� Q10 smartphone.
    Source:
    BlackBerry Q10 OS 10.1 features get detailed | CrackBerry.com
    What’s New for BlackBerry� 10.1 OS & BlackBerry� Q10 Smartphone? | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community
    04-08-13 02:11 AM
    Let's not exaggerate now. I'm sure lots of people have somehow convinced themselves they are "Blackberry's best customer".
    Well, he tweeted that the 30 day problem would be fixed and linked this thread. That means he knows it's all Z10 users here and directed the 'good news' to them. And if it turns out that they're not included? I predict a thread or two out of that

The thing about BBRY's best customers just means that people here are BB fans and early adopters.

And Michael Clewley's official title has nothing to do with PR, it is actually "Director, Handheld Software Product Management".
    In all honesty and without trying to cause a s**t storm, isn't that worse (assuming 10.1 isn't for Z10 until sometime in the future)? If he were a PR hack he could always claim that he misunderstood the info coming from the Director of Handheld Software Product Management.

Anyway, it's all speculation at this point. Let's see what develops.
    Last edited by mset; 04-08-13 at 02:48 AM.
    04-08-13 02:32 AM
    In all honesty and without trying to cause a s**t storm, isn't that worse (assuming 10.1 isn't for Z10 until sometime in the future)? If he were a PR hack he could always claim that he misunderstood the info coming from the Director of Handheld Software Product Management.

My response to that is look at the disclaimer at the top of his twitter feed where most of these comments originate:

Views expressed are my own.
    04-08-13 02:39 AM
    My response to that is look at the disclaimer at the top of his twitter feed where most of these comments originate:
    Indeed. I'm not on Twitter so I didn't know. My bad. That changes things in terms of BBRY culpability.
    Last edited by mset; 04-08-13 at 03:38 AM.
    04-08-13 02:44 AM
    also while 10.1 may ship initially for the Q10, that isnt to say it wont come to the z10. it will just take a little longer.
    so the fix will come, patience is the name of the game here
    04-08-13 02:45 AM
    Indeed. I'm not on Twitter so I didn't know. My bad. That definitely changes things.

Well I'm not a registered Twitter user either - really have no use for that thing for the most part. Except if most of the interesting behind-the-scenes stuff about Blackberry starts there.

So you can just go here to snoop:

https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley
    04-08-13 02:48 AM
    10.1 os will fix this from what I been reading.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-08-13 06:28 AM
    Let's not be dangerously sloppy here, OK?

Here is the exact quote from Michael Clewley:

REPEAT: "More than 30 days".

"More than 30 days" does NOT automatically mean "forever".

Let's just keep things straight here.

Because the next thing that happens when 10.1 comes out if it is not "forever" is another dozen threads on CB about "WE WERE PROMISED FOREVERRRRRRR~!!~!!~!!"
    I know what you are saying, but this looks pretty forever for me on my Q10:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post8276244
    04-08-13 09:23 AM
    Found this in this thread from a Q10 (Or Dev Alpha C) running 10.1, so I guess it is coming
    Thanks. It would be nice to have some options between 30 & Forever though. 60, 90 days...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:04 AM
    Agreed. I manage a singer/songwriter. We typically book tours months in advance, along with travel. I need to be able to access old travel plans and old show booking discussions on the go and quickly. I had the iPhone 5 for a few months (waiting for the Z10 after my 9930 broke out of warranty) and one of the things I missed the most was the way my old BBerry handled email search. Now I have an amazing search feature again, but 30 days is truly not enough.
    04-08-13 10:20 AM
    Indeed. I'm not on Twitter so I didn't know. My bad. That changes things in terms of BBRY culpability.
    You're being kind.

In the eyes of the pubic, that disclaimer means squat, and savvy social networkers have to understand that. It doesn't matter if it is whispered pillow talk in today's world.
    mset likes this.
    04-08-13 10:54 AM
    You're being kind.

In the eyes of the pubic, that disclaimer means squat, and savvy social networkers have to understand that. It doesn't matter if it is whispered pillow talk in today's world.
    You make a good point. As I said, if 10.1 is released (with the email fix) and it's only for Q10, there are going to be some not very happy campers here, given the tweet we all saw, no matter whose views were being expressed.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    04-08-13 03:50 PM
    You're being kind.

I'll have to ask my pubic to see if it agrees with that.

Because I certainly don't think you should be presuming to speak on behalf of the entire public, just because in this particular case that stance you so generously ascribe to them happens to conveniently dovetail with your personal worldview.

When the time comes that some plaintiff takes one of Clewley's twitter statements to task in a court of law for misleading the "pubic" and actually wins that case, I will stop taking his disclaimer at face-value. Not before.
    04-08-13 07:33 PM
    As I said, if 10.1 is released (with the email fix) and it's only for Q10, there are going to be some not very happy campers here...

There's an old saying that goes something like this:

"The only sure thing in life is death and taxes"

I think we need to add to that:

"...and gripey Crackberry posters who think the entire world has the same gripes they have."
    04-08-13 07:45 PM
    I'll have to ask my pubic to see if it agrees with that.

Because I certainly don't think you should be presuming to speak on behalf of the entire public, just because in this particular case that stance you so generously ascribe to them happens to conveniently dovetail with your personal worldview.

When the time comes that some plaintiff takes one of Clewley's twitter statements to task in a court of law for misleading the "pubic" and actually wins that case, I will stop taking his disclaimer at face-value. Not before.
    The court of public opinion surely has a much lower burden of proof.

It is social networking 101. Might not be fair, but it is reality. if you are a public official, and identified yourself as such online, watch what you say. You can indemnify yourself a million ways, but it doesn't matter, which is why some corporations are incorporating advice in employment agreements.

BBRY has a MAJOR reputation problem with regards to promises. It is tough running a multi-million dollar business, but these guys can easily kill one area of criticism by understanding that even hints are considered iron-clad contracts in today's world. I understand that some people will always be forgiving, and that's fine. Me? I buy tech with regards to what it can do NOW, and that is especially true of BBRY offerings.

No one could have sued for the infamous "60 day" misstep, but we all can agree that it hurt BBRY public perception tremendously.

No more promises and pseudo-guarantees!
    04-08-13 08:16 PM
    I could never search on the 8900 or 8910 or two curves anyway.

30 days on z10 works for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 09:52 PM
419 ... 14151617