I agree we with you completely. Also it would be great if the search function would be able to search on the server. It cannot search for emails on the server for Gmail and icloud services.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:10 PM
    Seem to have had some good news in this thread via Twitter (from an important insider dude?)

Just wanted to say

1) My search back though past emails on my iPhone works - but in a crapy and incomplete way.

2) I was mostly just concerned with Evernote / Remember jettisoning all my saved email "notes" / reminders - older than 30 days
    04-02-13 04:06 PM
    Seem to have had some good news in this thread via Twitter (from an important insider dude?)

Just wanted to say

1) My search back though past emails on my iPhone works - but in a crapy and incomplete way.
    Pardon me? Crappy and incomplete? Works perfectly for my 3 accounts set up in the default Mail app on an iPhone 4S
    -Yahoo
    -iCloud
    -Gmail

Eg
    -Select "all inboxes" if you are not already there in Mail
    -Enter an email address in the "search all inboxes" field (you know, the one top centre). As I type characters the program automatically brings up matches, getting more specific as more characters are entered of course. In this case I was shown 7 emails going back to January 26, 2013. These happened to be to my iCloud account, but it doesn't matter which account the mail was sent to, the procedure is exactly the same. Email from the last 3 months was shown
    -Lets say I want to go back further. Oh look, what's that in blue at the bottom? "Continue search on server" (poke). Within 3 seconds I have emails from that particular sender going back over a year. In the time it took me to type that last sentence I have all emails back to February 15, 2005. Open last one up. Oh, it has an attachment. A Word document (poke). It's a tech document. "This document establishes a comprehensive plan to..."

That's how you "get things done".

PS: Push email works perfectly on all three accounts. Mail is received in well under a minute (eg on the phone with someone who sends me a document by email). Generally arrives in less than 20 seconds.
    04-02-13 05:39 PM
    NM, miss post.
    04-02-13 06:02 PM
    Lumia 920 keyboard is GREAT, not usre why you would think differently unless you have never used it and just assuming.

We found the posterchild. LoL
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-02-13 06:51 PM
    I introduced the Z10 to IT.. they love the phone, and I don't like keep emails on my phone, OWA is enough for me,but some users find it hard to change ,when it comes down to technology... the problem is that their old devices do what they want, so they find it strange to see a newer device with less capabilities. I can explain the Z10 features from now till tmrw, but it won't click because they want it done their way.. you know what I meam?
    This I can understand.
    cman5 likes this.
    04-02-13 07:24 PM
    Did you guys see this
    My company just turned down Z10 because of the 30 day email option-img_00000140_edit.png

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-02-13 10:53 PM
    You are aware that BlackBerry is already aware of this and are looking into fixing it?

Yes, today you can't view older emails. That doesn't mean it will forever be like this.
    Yes. Totally appreciate that BBRY is going to fix this in the next upgrade. When the Q10 is released for sale, not at launch which would be a few weeks before.

I personally can deal with not having access to old mails on my Z10 and have the luxury to return to my desktop when I need to retrieve old mails. I also understand the plight of frequent business travellers who are on the move so much, it isn't so convenient.

There is an email app called Good? Have seen a friend working in the banking industry use it to access server emails.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:04 PM
    This email cap should not be there in the first place as BIS is no more and z10 should be able to pull all emails from servers . Internal memory is 16gb, large enough for emails. People work and most has attention span of more than 30 days.

Z10, Indonesia
    04-03-13 12:21 AM
    This was just tweeted (he specifically linked this thread)

MichaelClewley 8:34am via Web

Hey @CrackBerry just wanted to follow-up on this forum post (forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10�) to say that more than 30 days is coming for 10.1
    That's great news. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:56 AM
    That's great news. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    Solved unless you have Verizon, then once 10.1 comes out we will be waiting another 3 months for it.
    04-03-13 11:30 AM
    I introduced the Z10 to IT.. they love the phone, and I don't like keep emails on my phone, OWA is enough for me,but some users find it hard to change ,when it comes down to technology... the problem is that their old devices do what they want, so they find it strange to see a newer device with less capabilities. I can explain the Z10 features from now till tmrw, but it won't click because they want it done their way.. you know what I meam?
    Doesn't help your problem at all, but that's the wront way for IT to be thinking. I can say that because I'm in IT. They should be going to their customers and asking them what THEY need then help come up with solutions and not just sticking their head in the ground and say, "Use this and nothing else!"

The old school IT way of thinking is why so many companies got caught with their pants down when they were flooded with iPads and other BYOD devices and no way to support them.
    bungaboy and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-03-13 11:38 AM
    What does "more than 30 days coming" mean. 10.1 is still 30+ days from coming?
    04-03-13 11:59 AM
    I would think that for 1500 devices, you will have some kind of management ...
    Once you have BES 10, you can keep your email on the device for an unlimited number of days ... if so configured ... see below
    Attachment 146209
    Sorry late back into this thread.

Braird,

If you could check my 3 or 4 posts back on page 8 (ending) to middle of page 9 please. Very curious if ...

ActiveSync rule setting was enabled for this via EMS (powershell for exchange),
    BES10 as your screenshot above enables this for those connected Z10s, and,
    Are all those Z10 users in a specific group in activesync and properly showing the option, and working, for No Limit of emails.
    04-04-13 02:55 AM
    What does "more than 30 days coming" mean. 10.1 is still 30+ days from coming?
    No it means that the ability to keep Email for more than 30 days is coming in the 10.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:50 AM
    No it means that the ability to keep Email for more than 30 days is coming in the 10.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    Ah. So it probably still means 10.1 is not coming soon either.
    04-04-13 11:02 AM
    10.1 is coming out with the Q10, so it should be available in April in theory.

The thing is that with the updates being rolled out by the carriers, it depends when it will reach each user group in each market. Hopefully BlackBerry will do something about this to get to the users really quick.
    Each day that passes is one more too much for the email issue and imo this is having considerable impact commercially.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 11:14 AM
    Do you have any sources on 10.1 being released along with the Q10
    04-04-13 12:30 PM
    Ah. So it probably still means 10.1 is not coming soon either.
    I see we have a veteran from the PlayBook wars.

Thing is, even if Clewley's tweet doesn't pan out and there is no increase in the email retention limit, True Believers will say:

-That's just a random Tweet from some Blackberry employee. Doesn't count. They may even refer to the KB article that says this behaviour is by design as evidence that Blackberry has not broken any promise here.
    -Or, as you humorously alluded to in your previous post, "that's not what he meant".

I for one choose to believe there is a fair probability this issue will be addressed in 10.1. It is such an obviously crippled implementation as is. A few concerns from the tweet though. The tweet text again:

"Hey @crackberry just wanted to follow up on this forum post (ref to this thread) to say that more than 30 days is coming for 10.1"

-As you mentioned, tying this issue to the 10.1 release doesn't really change much. It still "is coming". "Is coming" is a classic Blackberryism. He didn't even bother to throw in the word "soon".

-"More than 30 days" could mean any amount from 31 days to "never delete". Of course 31 days is highly unlikely, but I could see them trying to just go to 60, 90 or 365 days. All are better, but not good enough compared to competing platforms that completely dominate the market at this time.
    Last edited by red stripe; 04-04-13 at 02:59 PM.
    04-04-13 01:46 PM
    Do you have any sources on 10.1 being released along with the Q10
    If you read back this thread it is there

It is a tweet from M. Clewley.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:30 PM
    If you read back this thread it is there

It is a tweet from M. Clewley.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah he says "Spring". It's spring now all the way until June 21st. Narrowing it down to the month would be preferable.
    04-04-13 03:46 PM
    Yeah he says "Spring". It's spring now all the way until June 21st. Narrowing it down to the month would be preferable.
    I agree it would be preferable but since the 10.1 is coming our for the launch of the q10 and the q 10 is launching within April supposedly, it is only logical to assume that the most probable scenario is that 10.1 will come in April. But what troubles me is that even if so, until it rolls out on all carriers it may take quite a longer good 2 months to reach all Z10 users if not distributed by BlackBerry through link or net OTA without carrier intervention (ok now I am dreaming indeed, lol)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:44 PM
    I agree and I am extremely eager to get the z10 but not without 10.1 as I don't want to risk getting stuck with a device I may not be happy with. With the iphone 5 coming next week for t mobile I want to take the plunge with the z10 in the meantime but the thought of this being a play book all over again distressed me.
    04-04-13 10:03 PM
    It blows my mind that this has not been fixed yet. How hard can it be? I love my Z10 as much as the next guy but BBRY can't expect to be a major player without basic features like this!
    04-05-13 10:50 AM
    Everyone has a preference. I don't like to keep emails on my phone.. I like to deal with outlook, and archiving.. Some users like to go back to 2010 to see the emails ( they just love the fact that they can see everything on the phone, because they travel a lot ,or it can be for any reason..) Different phones give you the options beyond 30 days , I think it's called "Anytime" it keeps everything..
    Just curious as to what you mean, my z10 is storing emails past 30 days. I have email is from the first day I got the device still on my phone. So are you talking about when you set up the phone it only goes back the last 30 days
    04-06-13 04:50 PM
419 ... 1213141516 ...