I was told today by our IT director that all we get was 30 days as well on our Microsoft Active Exchange system. I'm not an expect, but that sounds consistent with what I was told.

I'm nor understanding this. Cause before my Z10 I had the HTC One X, Samsung S3, and the LG Optimus G and with my work email attached to them all I could was 30 days worth of email history. This was also the case with my personal email as well. So now with my Z10 attached to the same email accounts that's all I get. I guess I don't understand why this is an issue when all of the emails are still on the server and in your personal email box for work.

Maybe you or some one can explain this to me. I really don't understand why this is such a bad thing. Why would you need email from six months back, when if it's that important you could move it or email it to yourself to put it in the 30 day history. I know I don't want any more than 30 days, I have some where near 5000 emails in my box and would not want to go through all of them on my phone.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-01-13 05:59 PM
    felt it yesterday at the airport. Needed to pull out my ticket at airline check in counter. It was sent some six weeks ago. Could not on my Z10. Needed to pull out my Samsung S2. Very embarrassing...

Posted via CB10
    I always put my important documents in a separate folder on my Z10. Usually in a pdf format for ease of use.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:05 PM
    It's unfortunately a case where something that is an actual issue for a tiny tiny fraction of people that will ever use the phone being picked up by the shills and haters, and they've decided to run with it.

It's the same as the battery. The issues there were addressed for the vast vast majority within a month, but the shills and haters are still trying to stir negative buzz by bringing it up every chance they get.

I'm sure the reasonable people that do want to keep emails up on their main email part of the hub for longer than 30 days without creating a folder and moving them there have already made that request politely and respectfully through the proper channels. If their desires are seen as reasonable, and within the OS's capability, I'm confident it will be added with a future update.

Ya, I am an unabashed BB supporter. Don't like that? Then put me on ignore.
    04-01-13 06:14 PM
    It's unfortunately a case where something that is an actual issue for a tiny tiny fraction of people that will ever use the phone being picked up by the shills and haters, and they've decided to run with it.

It's the same as the battery. The issues there were addressed for the vast vast majority within a month, but the shills and haters are still trying to stir negative buzz by bringing it up every chance they get.

I'm sure the reasonable people that do want to keep emails up on their main email part of the hub for longer than 30 days without creating a folder and moving them there have already made that request politely and respectfully through the proper channels. If their desires are seen as reasonable, and within the OS's capability, I'm confident it will be added with a future update.

I think you need to step away from the forums and get some therapy. Calling people shills and haters will not bring people over to your side. Quite frankly I think you are just a troll.
    h20work likes this.
    04-01-13 06:22 PM

You still haven't enlightened us with your workflow to deal with this issue.

I know calling people who have an issue with this 30 day hard limit for emails things like,
    -"a tiny tiny fraction of people"
    -”haters"
    -”schills"
    is more your style, but how about actually making a useful contribution?

Or do you actually have no system to deal with this "feature"?

Please outline your workflow for:
    "I copy my important emails to a folder on my phone, then copy those files to my home computer. I didn't realize that was 'Fancy document management'. Searching my files is just as fast as searching my emails. If i have them properly named it's faster."

Assume that you received 30 emails overnight. Walk us through your workflow to deal with these.
    mset and nycspaces. like this.
    04-01-13 06:24 PM
    I tap on my Gmail header, hold my finger on the "Gmail", or whichever subsection, and get an option to create a folder, name it, and move any email I want to save into that new folder. If I want to save a copy of that email on my home computer I forward it to my isp based email account.

04-01-13 06:46 PM
    If you're on IMAP or EAS, messages in custom folders don't show up if they're older than 30 days. Searching doesn't work either. Can you post screenshots to show if it's working?

As for your home computer, I would advise using Thunderbird, Outlook or any other email client program to save Gmail messages to a local, offine copy. They're not affected by the 30-day limit

Internet discussions would be a lot more civil if people imagined they were talking to others face to face, instead of being anonymous avatars behind computer screens.
    h20work, currentodysseys and mset like this.
    04-01-13 07:17 PM
    The saddest part of this entire thread are the people defending the 30 day email limit. As if taking choice away from people is somehow "good". Sad.
    It's a sign of desperation. Meaning, some people can't handle the slightest criticism of their favoured product, as if any such comment would be catastrophic. Odd but there it is. I find it simpler to accept nothing is perfect and admit deficiencies as they exist. I like my SG II HD LTE, but its build quality is nowhere near that of my Playbook or, presumably, the Z10. I get that and don't deny it.
    04-01-13 09:18 PM
    Opps. Is there a delete a post option in this cb10 app?

Posted via CB10
    No, but there is an edit option. We all get to be geniuses after the fact.
    04-01-13 09:20 PM

One year later, and it hasn't happened with the Playbook. Good luck. Seems BB is dead set against it.
    04-01-13 09:23 PM
    I tap on my Gmail header, hold my finger on the "Gmail", or whichever subsection, and get an option to create a folder, name it, and move any email I want to save into that new folder. If I want to save a copy of that email on my home computer I forward it to my isp based email account.

What this process does is to create a filing folder in your Gmail service and store the message on tha file but in the Gmail server and not on your phone man. After the 30 days from email reception or creation have past, that email will no longer be available on your phone.

The Z 10 will delete it automatically and the only copy will be the one on the server of Gmail. Maybe you will able to access remotely the server but for most this does not work.

If you do not want to take my word for it, then go to settings -->date and time and change the date forward two months. Wait for a couple of minutes and visit the hub: you will have no email left. I promise you, I have experimented with every basic email setup.

If you try do not blame me for loosing your messages on your phone though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 04-02-13 at 05:05 AM.
    mset and blueberrymerry like this.
    04-02-13 04:55 AM
    Edited at the request of currentodysseys. I guess everyone already knows what I think about the fact that the oft-claimed-but-surprisingly-absent 'workaround' doesn't work.
    Last edited by mset; 04-02-13 at 05:35 AM.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    04-02-13 05:04 AM
    (...) when if it's that important you could move it or email it to yourself to put it in the 30 day history.(...)
    But this way you obviously would not be able to pin-point / look for / filter the email when looking at sender's name.
    04-02-13 06:06 AM
    Clewley just tweeted (and linked this thread) that, "...more than 30 days is coming for 10.1."
    currentodysseys and Neely2005 like this.
    04-02-13 08:37 AM
    This was just tweeted (he specifically linked this thread)

MichaelClewley 8:34am via Web

Hey @CrackBerry just wanted to follow-up on this forum post (forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10�) to say that more than 30 days is coming for 10.1
    Neely2005 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    04-02-13 08:38 AM

Hey @CrackBerry just wanted to follow-up on this forum post (forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10�) to say that more than 30 days is coming for 10.1
    That shows our comments and suggestions from Crackberry are reviewed by Blackberry. Hope to see this fix as well. Now the next question should be when is 10.1 coming? During The live event in Orlando?
    04-02-13 09:19 AM

Hey @CrackBerry just wanted to follow-up on this forum post (forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10…) to say that more than 30 days is coming for 10.1
    Well then, I believe a thank you to Michael Clewley is due in this thread!
    Thanks Michael, please make it as soon as possible! (hope it is during April!)
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-02-13 09:46 AM
    If you're on IMAP or EAS, messages in custom folders don't show up if they're older than 30 days. Searching doesn't work either. Can you post screenshots to show if it's working?.
    I just did a remote search for an email from Feb 11th that I have in a folder on my Outlook and it showed up.
    Exchange 2010, using ActiveSync directly.. Not using BES 10 at this time.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-02-13 10:13 AM
    I just did a remote search for an email from Feb 11th that I have in a folder on my Outlook and it showed up.
    Exchange 2010, using ActiveSync directly.. Not using BES 10 at this time.
    Remote search works for active synch for editions 2010 onwards but not for prior editions if I remember well from a post on this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...rrerid=3252423

This does not work for everyone. I myself have an account on active sync but cannot access remote search for older emails.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 04-02-13 at 10:54 AM.
    04-02-13 10:38 AM
    Unless I'm missing something (because Sprint has no BB10 devices yet), You no longer have the option to delete on handset. Currently, I have the following optoins:
    1. Read and be done with it - Delete on handset and server. (most emails)
    2. Read and want to save on server because I won't need it on my phone.
    3. Don't delete because there's information that I'd like to have handy on my phone for future reference even if it's after 30 days (travel info, warranties, receipts, etc).

I understand that I could copy the contents to some sort of document for later reference, but it's just so convenient to do nothing as opposed to taking the steps to create/copy/paste. If these emails could be retained on the device, I could see myself setting up folders in the Remember app to which I could 'Share to Remember'.
    04-02-13 11:44 AM
    IT Dept is the decision maker, They praised the phone, but this was the only deal breaker, and they were comparing that VS Lumia 920
    Well, I own a Lumia 920, and I can tell you that your email options are: 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, or anytime. I cannot believe that BB (which has had such a huge business following for so long) could have left this feature out, while they're biggest competitor (for 3rd place) Microsoft included it. Seems like someone dropped the ball.
    04-02-13 12:00 PM
    I agree, don't need to keep an email for a year...but 60, 90 days would be a nice "option". I think thats the point here...choices and options...
    I read this thread and sooo many people are like wtf do I need to keep emails for more then 30 days....for some great...for others yes its needed...
    Take a bias opinion, and having that option would nice....wouldn't it?
    04-02-13 12:11 PM
    Unless I'm missing something (because Sprint has no BB10 devices yet), You no longer have the option to delete on handset. .
    This is a feature that I have seen a lot of discussion about it being missing from BB10 and people really liking it.

The delete on phone is because of the sync methods followed after BIS has been let go for the bb10 phones I think. The way BIS was working allowed this, which if I am not mistaken, with the new sync options is not possible (I would guess the POP option could accomodate such parameter though). I am not technically knowledgable to the extent to be able to provide legit argumentation to that but I do remember having read something about it these days that seemed to be legit info.

Still I am not 100% sure about it, I am just putting that on the table also, so as if any technically savvy person in here would like to further elaborate.
    04-02-13 12:25 PM
    Yep this is a draw back for me too. I love the Z10 bit the fact that it can't go back more than 30 days is just horrible. As of right now it can't even sync my Gmail folders at all using imap. I am just surprised that blackberry did not check those things before releasing the phone. I have to go back to my bold 9900 what a shame. Also when you delete a email on imap it deletes right away, it does not have a trash like on apple mail or outlook.

Posted via CB10
    endeevee likes this.
    04-02-13 12:33 PM
    I agree, don't need to keep an email for a year...but 60, 90 days would be a nice "option". I think thats the point here...choices and options...
    I read this thread and sooo many people are like wtf do I need to keep emails for more then 30 days....for some great...for others yes its needed...
    Take a bias opinion, and having that option would nice....wouldn't it?
    Thanks for a reasoned response. We both agree this limit should be extended. I have a bit of a problem with your thought that it only needs to go to 90 days or so. While this is certainly a step in the right direction and would satisfy the needs of some, including you, others such as myself need a longer window.

There should be a "never delete" option in my opinion, but I would probably be able to get by with 1 year if limitations of the Hub/limitations of the BB10 OS/limitations of the Z10 hardware make it necessary for now.
    04-02-13 01:03 PM
419 ... 1112131415 ...