With a browser this fast, have your email account book marked and you can search as far back as needed. Unless your email is not remotely accessible I guess.
    03-29-13 09:15 PM
    I hit refresh but nothing comes threw or is that not for getting emails?
    03-29-13 09:18 PM
    Could you not find it with the 'remote search?'

I just did a quick search and had no problems bringing up an email from 6 weeks ago. It a wasn't local but it was so fast. And then immediate in looking at it in the search results.

Posted via CB10
    I don't see this option in my search function. Please kindly show me how this is done. Screenshots would be a real plus.
    03-29-13 09:25 PM
    Excuses, excuses, excuses, unbelievable! Just face it, the phone is not ready for prime time.
    h20work, JeepBB, aft1981 and 1 others like this.
    03-29-13 09:26 PM
    Probably not there at launch because they need to optimize the hub further since it is holding a lot of info already and would require a lot of resources without it being optimized.
    03-29-13 09:28 PM
    I'm sure that's on the consumer side only. On BES you can manipulate so many things. Your company will regret it. Smh.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:28 PM
    Go to that specific inbox and search for something and you will see remote server and email description..option

Posted via CB10
    Tried that with Gmail and Hotmail. The option doesn't show up.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:29 PM
    Excuses, excuses, excuses, unbelievable! Just face it, the phone is not ready for prime time.
    Get your perspective right. Was every Apple iPhone ready when it hit the market?

iPhone 5 vulnerable to same attack that breached iPhone 4 at hacker contest - FierceMobileIT

iOS 6.1.3 bug fix: New iPhone lock screen hack found a DAY after Apple released update to fix passcode flaw | Mail Online
    bungaboy and R Field like this.
    03-29-13 09:33 PM
    Now, can someone please be kind enough to show me how I can do remote search?
    tlegend2012 likes this.
    03-29-13 09:34 PM
    I don't see this option in my search function. Please kindly show me how this is done. Screenshots would be a real plus.
    II don't do Hotmail. And I don't use Gmail on my Z10.

This option was available for my provider's mailbox.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:34 PM
    Sad, but true. My guess is they ran out of time to make the deadline. Every post with an issue or missing feature gets "That should be added soon" I speak playbookese, coming soon means hopefully someday but probably not.

They added some really nice features to bb10, but took away a lot more. Why did they remove the % key from the calculator??? Yes, they added a tip calculator for those of us who can't multiply by 2...

I'll go on record now, this place will be a slaughter house when 10.1 comes out.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin and JeepBB like this.
    03-29-13 09:36 PM
    I tried remote search on my z10 connected to a BES. I can't get it to find emails that are in my Inbox more than about 30 days old. Any config change I need to make on my server? But then seems some things do...just found one from Jan 30.
    dalama32 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    03-29-13 09:37 PM
    Tried that with Gmail and Hotmail. The option doesn't show up.

Posted via CB10
    I tried it on my exchange work account, said "No messages in this View". I searched the company name....

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:41 PM
    Now, can someone please be kind enough to show me how I can do remote search?
    Just type the subject in the search box.. you will see remote server option..

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:42 PM
    Just type the subject in the search box.. you will see remote server option..

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't seem to work is you search a name that is in your inbox. I didn't get the option to remote search unless I added more than the contacts name

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:45 PM
    Doesn't seem to work is you search a name that is in your inbox. I didn't get the option to remote search unless I added more than the contacts name

Posted via CB10
    Did you scroll all the way down?? Sometimes it is all the way down under more search options, you would have to close the keyboard to see it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:48 PM
    I find searching almost instant and don't see a problem. Part of blackberry problem was the memory the emails would take when someone had 3k+.. have you shown them how fast to search server works? I like not slowing my device down by old emails.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! I don't see a big deal here with the 30 day emails. I can get upwards of 150 emails a day on just my work account alone. I don't want to be storing a months worth of email and taking up phone memory, that's what the enterprise server is for.

Your IT department should really take a second look at their solution, especially if they intend to invest in BES10 down the road to manage all mobile platforms.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    ibpluto and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    03-29-13 09:48 PM
    With all due respect, your personal opinions on how you use your emails do not really matter. From a company's perspective, the 30-day limit is a valid argument. It definitively is a deal breaker. Period.

Work related airline tickets are most often booked more than a month prior. You'll need reference to this from your phone whenever you need to instead of doing something extra just to have it on your phone.

If you run projects, regardless of the field you're in to, you know most of the projects span several months and you'll need email references from the early stages of the projects for sure.

BlackBerry should do something about this on the BB10 before even claiming to still be the best mobile OS for business.

Btw, I love my BlackBerry and I love my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    The issue is not that the phone can't handle a months worth of email or beyond its that upon setup, you can't have a history of more than a month of emails. No one here has said one thing about the phone not being able to have more than a month of email in the future. It about history. I for one was not clear on this so I asked instead of giving an opinion of what others have said. But I guess that some of do read many post before deciding to start typing in the box.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-29-13 09:50 PM
    Search option is ONLY available on Exchange 2007 and up.

Exchange 2003 not supported.

Posted from Iphone Crackberry App.
    03-29-13 09:50 PM
    Hope your IT has good security..

Guess the deal breaker will be when it get's hacked from the holes Winblows Phone has. There have been several security exploits in it already.

But who needs safe data right
    03-29-13 09:54 PM
    Yes, the issue exists on the Playbook as well. On my Z10, I bookmarked the mobile sites for Gmail and Outlook.com and from there can see all the folders I set up for archiving mail and can go as far back as I want in the browser. Works like a charm until BlackBerry puts in the fixes required.
    03-29-13 10:02 PM
    Hope your IT has good security..

Guess the deal breaker will be when it get's hacked from the holes Winblows Phone has. There have been several security exploits in it already.

But who needs safe data right
    Any smart company will use a third party phone management solution. The "holes" your talking about should not be a issue.

BTW - Activesync has security issues on ALL platforms. BIS/BES was MUCH more secure.

Posted from Iphone Crackberry App.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-29-13 10:02 PM
    supposedly it will be fixed but i am not sure why its there to begin with. You can always have 30 days as an option like on the current BBOS. Like many others the Z10 will not be a daily driver until this is fixed
    Plus we need the option to only delete on handheld like previous BlackBerry smartphones. Is this a limitation of EAS?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-29-13 10:07 PM
    Plus we need the option to only delete on handheld like previous BlackBerry smartphones. Is this a limitation of EAS?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    the delete only on handset might be a limitation since EAS operates as a 2 way synced service while BIS was simple sent to the phone as a copy more or less.
    03-29-13 10:20 PM
    This is a big issue for me as well. The first Motorola Androids had this problem and I had to give them up. I am trying to work around this, but it makes no sense to me.

--Posted via Tapatalk--
    03-29-13 10:52 PM
419 12345 ...