supposedly it will be fixed but i am not sure why its there to begin with. You can always have 30 days as an option like on the current BBOS. Like many others the Z10 will not be a daily driver until this is fixed
    Do you reckon that it is deliberate though? For BBRY to set it as max 30 days in its initial software release, so as to isolate email managment, to see how the other apps and native functions co-exist and operate? I would imagine that one the Z10 hoards more emails, more photos, more apps, more videos etc, the speed of the Z10 could be compromised.
    03-29-13 08:26 PM
    I also don't understand why email history beyond 30 days is a huge problem when you can pull it fro, the server. Or is there some problem where you have to be able to look up old emails when you are not connected, like on a flight or something?
    03-29-13 08:27 PM
    This one issue very nearly prevented me from purchasing a Z10. I was dumbfounded when I read about it. I decided to proceed with the purchase when the Remember app was suggested as a work-around. However, I've since found out that even the Remember app doesn't remember emails beyond the 30 day limit. How ironic.

I'm of the understanding that the limit will be increased in 10.1. I can only hope this to be true.
    pandapurple and h20work like this.
    03-29-13 08:29 PM
    I also don't understand why email history beyond 30 days is a huge problem when you can pull it fro, the server. Or is there some problem where you have to be able to look up old emails when you are not connected, like on a flight or something?
    I think for stuff like flight details ... should be saved as a pdf or captured as a screenshot and stored on one's SD card.
    Morten likes this.
    03-29-13 08:31 PM
    I think for stuff like flight details ... should be saved as a pdf or captured as a screenshot and stored on one's SD card.
    Or use blackberry travel app for travel info.

As to the OP, You can use remote server search, so as some others have said, not seeing the big issue.....dunno

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Morten and ZEDTROSPEKTIV like this.
    03-29-13 08:34 PM
    Michael Clewley has said more than 30 days is coming in a spring update. (Tell your it group that and to contact BlackBerry)
    pandapurple, R Field and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    03-29-13 08:36 PM
    With all due respect, your personal opinions on how you use your emails do not really matter. From a company's perspective, the 30-day limit is a valid argument. It definitively is a deal breaker. Period.

Work related airline tickets are most often booked more than a month prior. You'll need reference to this from your phone whenever you need to instead of doing something extra just to have it on your phone.

If you run projects, regardless of the field you're in to, you know most of the projects span several months and you'll need email references from the early stages of the projects for sure.

BlackBerry should do something about this on the BB10 before even claiming to still be the best mobile OS for business.

Btw, I love my BlackBerry and I love my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:38 PM
    I just tried a test with my HTC.

We moved from a BIS server to Cloud (Google) over a year ago and now everything is on the cloud. This seems to be the way over the future which is maybe why BlackBerry went the way they did.

Anyway, grabbed my HTC.
    1) Went into K9. My settings were limited to 25 emails but I could click on show more and of course it will pull in more.
    2) In settings went to "Local Folder Size"
    3) Chose "All messages "
    4) K9 crashed!

I've been trying this for 30 minutes. I have no idea how many emails would be in the cloud but I send and receive heavy each day, at least 50.

Next I opened Gmail and in Gmail I was able to set how many days I wanted to use for syncing, default was 25 days. I started scrolling and stopped at 536 only because I was getting bored. They are coming in.
    Last edited by bbuser125; 03-29-13 at 08:53 PM.
    03-29-13 08:41 PM
    With all due respect, your personal opinions on how you use your emails do not really matter. From a company's perspective, the 30-day limit is a valid argument. It definitively is a deal breaker. Period.

Work related airline tickets are most often booked more than a month prior. You'll need reference to this from your phone whenever you need to instead of doing something extra just to have it on your phone.

If you run projects, regardless of the field you're in to, you know most of the projects span several months and you'll need email references from the early stages of the projects for sure.

BlackBerry should do something about this on the BB10 before even claiming to still be the best mobile OS for business.

Btw, I love my BlackBerry and I love my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Good points.
    03-29-13 08:44 PM
    Or use blackberry travel app for travel info.

As to the OP, You can use remote server search, so as some others have said, not seeing the big issue.....dunno

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    I'm behind on this. How do I do it?
    David8974 likes this.
    03-29-13 08:46 PM
    Emails, You can't have more than 30 days of emails
    So why did my pop3 ISP account load up all 5k of my emails onto my phone when I set up the account and none of my new emails are coming threw....I deleted and re set up that email account 5 times and it went threw 2.5gb of data in 36 hours. My email account for a website set up threw yahoo comes threw perfectly
    03-29-13 08:47 PM
    We have some users that are in love with their bolds.. they don't want to switch

First question when we swap phones

''Am I going to lose my emails? ''

That should give you an idea

Blackberry means productivity and be on top of things

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 08:48 PM
    So why did my pop3 ISP account load up all 5k of my emails onto my phone when I set up the account and none of my new emails are coming threw....I deleted and re set up that email account 5 times and it went threw 2.5gb of data in 36 hours. My email account for a website set up threw yahoo comes threw perfectly
    i think you are allowed more than 30 days with pop. IMAP and Actvesync are limited to 30 though
    03-29-13 08:50 PM
    My Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo and Shawmail all have emails more than 30 days old so I'd say you're correct.
    pbbd002 likes this.
    03-29-13 08:53 PM
    I think they're referring to the fact that the Z10 only holds emails for 30 days. After that, they disappear into the void.
    03-29-13 08:53 PM
    How do I search on server on my Z10?
    03-29-13 08:54 PM
    I think they're referring to the fact that the Z10 only holds emails for 30 days. After that, they disappear into the void.
    That sir is incorrect. I have email going back more than 30 days on my Z10 right now from all the email accounts I listed.
    03-29-13 08:56 PM
    How do I search on server on my Z10?

Go to that specific inbox and search for something and you will see remote server and email description..option

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    03-29-13 08:58 PM
    its set to sync every 15min but its been four hours and none of my emails have gone threw to my phone...does it not deliver over wifi? I love the phone and will stick it out but its slowing me down email wise to a dead hault.
    03-29-13 09:01 PM
    Why can't you just remote search? Works for me all of the time

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:04 PM
    its set to sync every 15min but its been four hours and none of my emails have gone threw to my phone...does it not deliver over wifi? I love the phone and will stick it out but its slowing me down email wise to a dead hault.
    I get anywhere from 15 minutes to now over 2+ hours delays on my work account using active sync push, the times I'm comparing are with my 9850 which I'm carrying.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:06 PM
    felt it yesterday at the airport. Needed to pull out my ticket at airline check in counter. It was sent some six weeks ago. Could not on my Z10. Needed to pull out my Samsung S2. Very embarrassing...

Posted via CB10
    Could you not find it with the 'remote search?'

I just did a quick search and had no problems bringing up an email from 6 weeks ago. It a wasn't local but it was so fast. And then immediate in looking at it in the search results.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:06 PM
    Could you not find it with the 'remote search?'

I just did a quick search and had no problems bringing up an email from 6 weeks ago. It a wasn't local but it was so fast. And then immediate in looking at it in the search results.

Posted via CB10

What if there's no signal?

Posted via CB10
    h20work and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    03-29-13 09:08 PM
    it has been four hours now and the ISP email still hasn't come threw, the yahoo server ones have
    03-29-13 09:12 PM
    The same stupid 30-day limitation was on the Playbook yet RIM still didn't think it was a problem when releasing the Z10. Us Playbook users were discussing it here, also how to make a complete offline archive on the device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...torage-787730/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rt-imap-702190

The workaround is to sideload K9, set the message count for each account to unlimited, then make a cup of coffee while waiting for your messages to sync This only works with IMAP or POP3 accounts, K9 doesn't support Exchange ActiveSync. Having 3000+ messages in one inbox does slow down loading so I would suggest separating them into separate IMAP folders like for 2010, 2011 etc.
    h20work likes this.
    03-29-13 09:13 PM
419 1234 ...