I am currently using a bb9700 with BES. Was looking to pick up a z10, but apparently my company does not support it. Somebody from the BB group said it would require a major change on the existing infrastructure. So no BB10 for me.

Figured I let you know, in case somebody is looking to upgrade and is using it for work email, better check with your company first...
    03-28-13 12:26 PM
    Do they support iPhone's? If so, you can run a Blackberry Z10. You can use the same Activesync that iPhones use.

My company didn't do the upgrade to BES10, but I am actually glad they didn't. Activesync is working fine.
    VR6 likes this.
    03-28-13 12:33 PM
    Same here my company is on BES 5. Just ask your it to give you an enterprise activation password. Don't tell them it's for a Z10. Then setup your email and use that activation password

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:36 PM
    My company also denied to upgrade to bes 10, but no worries you can get the same experience by using active sync.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 12:39 PM
    I am currently using a bb9700 with BES. Was looking to pick up a z10, but apparently my company does not support it. Somebody from the BB group said it would require a major change on the existing infrastructure. So no BB10 for me.

Figured I let you know, in case somebody is looking to upgrade and is using it for work email, better check with your company first...
    BB10 will work with ActiveSync. It does not require BIS or BES. If your company has strict policies on comm devices and insist on managing them they can download BES 10 for FREE. That's right. The new Enterprise Server is free. You have to buy licenses for each device you manage. The great thing is if you have BES 5 and have licenses for devices those licenses can be upgraded to BES 10 licenses free of charge. Guess what? BES 10 also manages iPhone and Android devices. Also it does not require any infrastructure changes. You can run it on the same specs as BES 5. It will also run virtualized. The only problem is BES 10 will not manage legacy (OS7 and prior) devices. Still need BES 5 for those. They will run side by side.

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - BES 10 - Mobile Device Management - US
    03-28-13 12:40 PM
    Do they support iPhone's? If so, you can run a Blackberry Z10. You can use the same Activesync that iPhones use.

My company didn't do the upgrade to BES10, but I am actually glad they didn't. Activesync is working fine.
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. This all sounds good, but what about security? Will Activesync give my IT guys the same security as an ios or android?
    05-29-13 11:00 AM
    Brilliant idea... If I tell them it is for iPhone, will the active synch passwords, etc be the same? Another potentialnissue - Apparently we have a 3rd party security app that they use for remote wipe and to enforce 6 character password usage for android and iOS that won't work on a BB. Still, worth a try.
    06-15-13 10:48 PM
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. This all sounds good, but what about security? Will Activesync give my IT guys the same security as an ios or android?
    Yes. ActiveSync pushes its security policy to the device. If the device doesn't support the policy set by your IT staff, ActiveSync won't allow the device to connect.
    06-15-13 11:03 PM
    I company that I gave support hace bes 5 they only gave password email activation and works like a charm, email and contacts sync, bes 10 is a huge change but you can still use it with the previous version

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:16 PM