A few days ago, my brother and his SGNOTE2 was hacked! Yes! Hacked! He had so many downloaded apps that he couldn't trace which one was corrupted and it (virus/hack) literally erased everything the phone had! I was basically left as a blank smartphone! I felt bad for him even though he and I had always argued which phone was the best! And my point was finally proven when his phone which he said couldn't be hacked indeed was in the end. Gladly he was able to restore his phone to factory specs and his backup stuff was restored...The funny thing was he began to ask me how good the bbz10 is and I told him my personal opinion about the z10 and that many whom have never had a blackberry phone wouldn't be able to like how it's not an android phone like everything else that's on the market nor that it could have the same amount of Apps. I told him that I love my bbz10 because of security, Internet and email. That I barely have any apps downloaded, which I explained I don't need apps in the first place. But yea just wanted to share to ya'll what happened.

Posted via the Phone of the Future
    10-06-13 07:45 AM
    Haha, that's funny.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    10-06-13 07:46 AM
    So.....is he going to ditch the SGII for a Z?

I hope so.......

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    10-06-13 08:05 AM
    Nah he's sticking with his SGNote2. Unfortunately he can't seem to live without his beloved apps.

10-07-13 03:38 AM
    Nah he's sticking with his SGNote2. Unfortunately he can't seem to live without his beloved apps.

That's unfortunate!

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    10-07-13 06:55 AM

I have to ask, but what apps are so critical to him? I only ask this out of curiousity.
    10-07-13 07:02 AM
    Did he root his Note2?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:25 AM
    My brothers SGNote2 Bites the dust!-1381152480927.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-07-13 08:28 AM
    Yeah what apps does he need? When people say to others that there are no apps on bb10, they will take that literally.

Just tell them that it just doesn't have instagram and tumblr.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:45 AM
    I have to ask, but what apps are so critical to him? I only ask this out of curiousity.
    Not his brother but for example
    • LINE (You can side load this but it's going to not work in about 2 weeks).
    • Glympse (If you've never used this, it's awesome for when you're meeting up with friends or they're meeting up with you)
    • Feedly (It's one of the better RSS Readers)
    • Google Maps (BB Maps is no where near as good; it refuses to label most streets until you zoom all the way in. Luckily you can side load GMaps though).
    • MXPlayer or VLCPlayer (any media player that can play almost any media file instead of having to convert your video files)
    • GoPro (Very useful to be able to control your GoPro and see what it sees)
    • Yelp (Yes, you can use the mobile website but it's not as convenient).

The various Google apps (GMail, GVoice, GHangouts, GDrive, GTranslate, GGoggles) would be great to have too, but I can do without since BB10 can get mail from GMail, it has GTalk (which is close enough I guess to Hangouts). I don't use GDrive, GVoice, GGoggles, or GTranslate enough to care too much.
    10-07-13 12:39 PM