Hello,

So, I got this phone from a friend who works at Telus, and they just had them lying around in their warehouse, and he asked if I wanted them (A 8830, 9700, 9780, and a Z10), and I got all of them. I figured out that most of them have problems. The 9700 used to not power-on, until I tried to restore it with BB Desktop Software, but it failed at "Reconnecting to JVM", and it canceled, the 9780 does power on, but it has that white-screen that I can't get to go away, but I also tried restoring it, but have the same issue that I did with the 9700. The 8830, does power-on, but I didn't get a battery with it, and I also restored it, with the same issue as the others. The Z10, however, shows no life except a little red light that powers on for about 30 seconds maybe, and then it goes out. It also only does this with one of my 3 batteries, which I burnt with a universal battery charger that was putting too much voltage into the battery, causing it to smoke and almost burn down my home. And, no it does not connect to my computer. The same red light comes on, again for 30 seconds then turns off, and it doesn't show up on BB Link.

Anything helps, with any of these 4 phones.

Thanks for reading, my huge text-wall.
    04-16-20 09:04 PM
    Try reloading the software....

Beyond that it might be the reason they had been laying around... is they are broke.
    04-17-20 08:03 AM